Stay

Can you hear me?

Iseul’s POV

I woke up when I heard loud talking and laughing outside. I glanced at the time. It was already 8.30PM. I walked out of the room, smiling to myself at the sight of the boys. They were fooling around with each other, just like how they did a few years back when I saw them. I guess, boys will always remain boys, no matter how old they are.

“Oh! Iseul ah! You’re awake!” Kikwang smiled at me as he ran over, giving me a sudden bear hug.

“I told you guys to lower your voice!” Doojoon frowned.

“It’s fine. I should wake up anyway.” I said.

“See~ Iseul doesn’t mind.” Yoseob said, linking arms with me.

“Have all of you been well?” I asked.

“Do we look okay to you?” Hyunseung asked.

I looked at them, confused.

“Living with Doojoon~ Aie~” Junhyung shook his head, holding his lower back as he limped to the sofa.

“Aigoo~ Aigoo~ Ahhh~” He made painful sounds as he sat down.

“But it’s okay, it’s okay. Don’t worry, Iseul ah~ We know hyung loves us, although he is violent. We know, we know.” Dongwoon said as he clutched onto his stomach, sitting down beside Junhyung.

The rest of them started collapsing onto the floor too, leaving Doojoon standing there with his mouth wide open.

“YAH! WHEN HAVE I HIT YOU GUYS!? WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO PROVE!?” He charged towards Junhyung, smacking the poor guy.

“YAH!! Why are you only ouch! hitting me!? Ouch! Ouch!! Yah!!!” Junhyung tried to dodge, but Doojoon was obviously stronger.

“You’re going to kill him.” I said, pulling Doojoon away.

The other boys were giggling while Junhyung sulked. The poor guy has two red arms now, and we have no idea about the condition under his shirt, but I guess they were about the same.

“Ahhh hyung~ Are you that petty!?” Dongwoon asked, punching Doojoon in his stomach playfully.

“Go away~” Doojoon said, pushing the maknae away.

But of course, a smile crept onto his face quickly and they were all over each other, playing like little kids all over again. I admired their friendship. Nothing seem to be able to get them.

“Iseul, why are you standing there!?” Yoseob asked, pulling me to join them in their most likely daily ‘let’s torture yoon leader’ game.

“Hey, hey! Stop, stop! It’s time.” Junhyung said, crawling over to get the remote control.

He switched on the television, and like little kids, all of them sat down, leaning against each other as they watched Iris 2. While watching, I look at Doojoon feed them, making sure everyone has gotten a bite of whatever it was before eating himself.

“Iseul~” He shook me.

“Huh?” I looked at him.

“I called you so many times.” He said, sitting on the sofa with me.

“Sorry. I spaced out.” I said.

“Here.” He said, feeding me a spoonful of mashed potato.

“How about yourself?” I asked.

“I’ve eaten already.” He said, not looking at me. He is lying.

But this is Doojoon for you. He cannot lie, but he will do it. There are many things that he cannot handle alone, but he will force himself to handle it and make it look as if he is very good at it. Even if you know he is hurting, he would not leave any room for you to show him your pity. Is it being strong or stupid?

“So, do you die?” I asked.

“What?” He asked.

“Do you die?” I asked again.

“Of course. Everyone dies.” He said.

“I mean does your character die? Does Hyun Woo die?” I asked.

He let out a stupid grin and shrugged his shoulders.

“Tell me~” I whined.

“Aye~ Don’t ask like that. We’ve not even filmed there. What if there’s a plot twist?” He asked.

“Tell me if you die.” I said.

“Why?” He asked.

“Then I wouldn’t watch it.” I said.

“Why not?” He asked.

“Fiction or not, I don’t like to see you die.” I muttered.

He ruffled my hair and put his arm around me, pulling me closer to him as we enjoyed the rest of the episode.

“Iseul, are you back for good?” Kikwang asked after the show ended.

“I guess.” I smiled.

“Excellent. Do you know how much we miss having you around?” Hyunseung asked.

“Ahhh~ Then I have to leave often. Only like that would I be missed.” I teased them.

“Ayeeee~” They responded in unison, except for Doojoon who looked at me looking glum.

‘What?’ I mouthed.

He shook his head and walked off.

I continued to fool around with the guys until they were visibly sleepy.

“Go to bed, sleepyheads.” I said.

“And you? Where are you going?” Kikwang asked.

“I’ll go home?” I said.

“Stay over?” Dongwoon asked.

“What? Today? Nah~ Another time, when you guys don’t look so tired.” I said.

“There will never be a day we wouldn’t look like that, but for you, Iseul, we’ll take out our spare battery pack.” Junhyung said.

“Is that some sort of lyrics you stole from somewhere?” I .

“What? Wah~ Those are poetic words only a guy like me could say.” He said proudly.

The other boys made ‘puking’ sounds.

“What!? Don’t I write your lyrics!? Especially you! I produced your solo album! How dare you!” He grabbed Yoseob by his shirt.

Yoseob did what he did best; aegyo.

“Aish~” Junhyung let him go, defeated.

“Go to bed, all of you. I should get going too.” I said.

“It’s not safe to go home alone at this timing.” Kikwang said.

“Who said anything about Iseul going home alone?” Doojoon asked as he appeared again, dressed up.

“Where are you going?” I asked, surprised.

“Sending you home.” He said, grabbing my arm.

“All of you better be asleep when I get back.” He said to them before pulling me out of the house.

“I can go home on my own.” I said to him.

“Do you think I’ll ever allow that?” He asked.

I laughed and shook my head.

“Then? Why did you even bother thinking about it?” He asked.

“It’s a sign of politeness.” I said.

He laughed out loudly.

“Are you… really not sure whether to stay or not?” He broke the silence of the quiet car ride.

“Eh?” I asked.

He drove to the side and stopped the car.

“Don’t leave anymore, Iseul ah.” He said.

“But…” I muttered.

“I miss the days we hang out every night. I miss the times you would surprise me in the studio. And those days we spent driving aimlessly around just for fun. When I need someone to rant my worries to, I miss the fact you would come no matter what time I called you. I miss sleeping in your arms with you telling me that everything would be okay. Three years, Iseul ah~ For three years I had to deal with everything myself. Don’t take my best friend away from me anymore, please.” He said.

I could not believe he was saying this to me. I smoothed his hair, smiling at him.

“You need me that much?” I .

“Yes. I need you that much.” He said.

“I’ll try make things work.” I said.

“Don’t try. Do it.” He said.

“So demanding. Are you my boyfriend?” I asked.

“Best friend, that’s why I have the rights to demand.” He said.

I could only laugh.

“Thanks for sending me home. I can go in on my own.” I said to him.

“I’ll help you. I can say hi to your parents too. It’s been a long time since I saw them.” He said.

“Don’t lie. My mom said you come over every week and take them out for food at least twice a month.” I said.

He laughed awkwardly.

“Go back and get some rest. You look really tired.” I said.

“Alright. I’ll watch you go in first.” He said.

“No. I am already here at my doorstep. Go off.” I said.

“Are you chasing me away?” He pouted.

“Yes.” I grinned.

“It’s for your own good.” I said.

“Alright, alright. Don’t stay up too late yea. I’ll be going now.” He gave me a hug.

I watch him get into the car.

“Doodoo!” I called out.

He turned to me. I ran over to him.

“Changed your mind?” He asked.

“No.” I laughed.

“Then what is it?” He asked.

“Take care at work. Especially during filming.” I said.

He raised his eyebrow at me.

“Don’t get hurt.” I said, touching his ear unconsciously.

“I’ll be careful. Don’t worry.” He pinched my nose lightly.

“Alright~ Get going.” I smacked his before running off.

“How dare you!?” He shouted.

“Because I can!” I shouted back, sticking out my tongue at him.

I watch him drive off before heading into my house.

“Omo! You scared me, Umma!” I jumped when I saw my mom standing against the wall, grinning at me.

“What’s with that grin?” I asked.

“The moment you came back, you did not head home, but to spend time with Doojoon, and you still deny that you like him?” She asked.

“I love Doodoo! He is my best friend.” I said.

“But from what I see….” I cut her off before she could finish.

“What you see is not what you think.” I said.

“Then why?” She asked.

“What why?” I asked.

“Why are you so sticky with him?” She asked.

“Doodoo is my best friend.” I said.

“I can see that, but there’s another reason behind it, right?” She asked.

“No.” I said.

“You’re guilty.” She said.

“Of what?” I asked.

“His loss of hearing.” She said.

I froze.

“It was an accident.” I said coldly.

“It sure was.” She smiled at me before walking back into her room.

It was an accident, no doubt, but Iseul, you know it was your fault it happened. 

***
2junmdasnsiesosdnmul.gifDoojoon: YAH! WHEN HAVE I HIT YOU GUYS!? WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO PROVE!?

tumblrmjhp66hhec1rdjs5l.gifIsuel: Fiction or not, I don’t like to see you die.

tumblrmkgb1xwlfg1rdjs5l.gifDoojoon: Don’t take my best friend away from me anymore, please.