Kiss

Can you hear me?

Iseul’s POV

I muttered a curse under my breath the moment I opened my eyes as pain engulfed my body. I groaned as I try to recall how I ended up hurting so much and lying in this unknown place. My mind started wandering and I suddenly remembered Eun. Where is my Eun? I sat up but was pushed back down by a pair of hands.

“Don’t do that.” Doojoon said, frowning at me.

“Eun!” I said, trying to resist his palms.

“She’s here. She’s asleep. Calm down. Look.” He gestured, pointing to the back.

I looked behind him and let out a breath of relieve when I saw Eun asleep in the cot.

“She’s okay?” I asked him.

“Of course.” He smiled, covering the blanket over me.

“Thank God.” I mumbled.

“More like thank you.” He said, sitting back down.

I looked at him, confused by his sudden nice attitude towards me.

“What?” He asked.

I shook my head, looking away.

“Are you feeling okay?” He asked.

“Yea.” I mumbled.

“Sure?” He asked.

“I thought you didn’t care. Why are you bothering now?” I asked, turning to look at him.

He seemed a little taken aback by my sudden statement.

“I…” He muttered.

“Make up your mind, Doojoon.” I said.

“What?” He asked.

“Make up your mind whether you want to ignore me or talk to me. You cannot ignore me today and then talk to me tomorrow. It is confusing and I would not know how to react.” I said.

He sighed and said nothing.

We remained in an awkward silence until I broke it.

“I guess I know your choice. I am not dead and would not die soon. I apologize for interrupting your day. You may leave now.” I said.

He looked at me with widen eyes.

“I… But…” He muttered.

“What, Doojoon? What? I’m tired of guessing. If you aren’t going to tell me, then I am just going to assume that you hate me and never wish to be speak to me again.” I said, feeling tired out of a sudden.

“It’s not like that.” He said quietly.

“If not like that, then like how?” I asked.

He bit his lower lip, looking down.

“I know it’s my fault and all, but I am really tired, Doo.” I said.

He looked at me sadly, and then turned to head towards the door.

“IF YOU WALK OUT OF THE DOOR NOW,” I raised my voice.

He stopped walking.

“If you walk out of the door now, it would be the end of everything.” I said.

“Was there even a start to begin with?” He asked.

“What are you talking about?” I asked.

“You said that if I walked out of the door now, it would be the end of everything. End of what? How is there an end when there was never a start?” He asked.

“Our friendship.” I said.

“You mean the end of my one sided love as well as friendship?” He said mockingly.

“How could you say that?” I asked.

“How could I not? I loved you for years, Iseul.” He said.

“I’m sorry I didn’t see you before. But now, I…” He stopped me before I could continue.

“Don’t tell me you love me. Don’t tell me you see it now.” He said.

“But…” I muttered.

“You’re confusing love with pity, Iseul. You pity me. Because I got . Because I am deaf. Initially I blamed you for it, but it’s really not your fault, Iseul. Let it go. It’s fine. It’s over. I don’t blame you. Just don’t love me because you pity me.” He said.

“I’M NOT PITYING YOU!” I got agitated.

“YES, YOU ARE!” He screamed.

“YOU’RE ING PITYING ME! YOU NEVER LOVED ME THE WAY I LOVED YOU, SO WHY SUDDENLY!? IF IT’S NOT PITY, THEN WHAT IS IT!?” He continued to shout.

I got off the bed and stormed towards him. I pushed him against the door.

“What…” Before he could finish his sentence, I grabbed his cheeks and crashed my lips against his. 

“Mpfff!!” He struggled, but I kept on forcing the kiss onto him.

He eventually gave in and kissed me back. I have never kissed him like this before, and to be honest, it was a fresh feeling. Although this kiss was a sudden one, I dare say out of all the guys I kissed with, this was the best.

As dramatic as this sounds, but as I kissed him, I could feel the weakness in my knees, the knot in my stomach as well as the fireworks going off in my head. We were both panting as we pulled away from each other.

“What the did you think you were doing?” He hissed.

“Kissing my best friend?” I said, grinning at him.

He rolled his eyes and looked away like an angry toddler. I cupped his cheeks, forcing him to look at me.

“I am not sure if I love you the way you love me yet, but I am very certain I like you more than I used to in the past and it is definitely not out of pity. Are you so unconfident of yourself?” I asked.

“It’s not important now. We’re not possible.” He said.

“Why not?” I asked.

“Because I said so. I don’t love you anymore.” He said.

“Really? Then why did you kiss me?” I asked.

“YOU WERE THE ONE WHO KISSED ME!” He stomped his foot.

“Awww~” I laughed, cupping his cheeks.

***
“It’s amazing how she can sleep through all our yelling.” I said, looking at Eun who was still fast asleep.

“She sleeps like you.” He said.

“Really?” I asked, smiling at him.

He rolled his eyes.

“Stop being angry. Although you look really cute like that, but you’ll grow wrinkles.” I poked his cheek.

“Don’t touch me!” He got annoyed, which was pretty funny.

“Okay, okay, okay.” I laughed.

“ARE YOU STUPID OR WHAT!?” I was poking on my phone when he suddenly yelled, startling me.

“What?” I asked, surprised.

“How could you fight him alone!? Are you stupid!?” He scolded me.

What is wrong with this man?

“I am amazed how I can still understand you despite you speaking on a topic randomly like that.” I said.

He glared at me.

“What was I supposed to do?” I sighed.

“Call for help!” He yelled.

“Please stop yelling. Although Eun could sleep through, yelling like that is bad for your throat.” I said.

He muttered something I did not catch under his breath.

“Don’t you have a security camera at home? Why did you open the door despite knowing it was him outside? Do you know how dangerous it is?” He asked, speaking in a normal volume now.

“I didn’t know it was him. I opened the door without thinking because I thought it was you.” I said.

He looked at me, seemingly surprised.

/FLASHBACK

I was reading on the sofa when I heard the doorbell. Thinking it was Doojoon, I threw my book aside and ran towards the door to open it. I did not even bother to glance at the security camera. I had so much to tell him. I wanted to tell him how sorry I was about my behavior in the morning. I thought he would not come again but hearing the doorbell, I got so excited.

“Doo!” I exclaimed as I opened the door.

“Doo?” The person at the door said with a smirk.

“.” I muttered as I tried to slam the door shut, but he pushed it open.

“Cheating on me the moment I leave? Even if you want to cheat, you should at least find someone else who is clean. Why get someone as dirty as him?” He asked, walking into the house.

His statement angered me. How dare he speak of Doojoon like that?

“I’m so glad you came, Jaehyun.” I said.

“What?” He asked, looking at me.

“Do you know how long has it been since I waited for your arrival? I hope daily that you would come knocking on my door. My hard work paid off. You’re finally here.” I said.

He looked at me with a frown.

“So I can kill you.” I said, charging towards him.

I jumped onto him, putting my entire body weight on him as we crashed onto the floor. I knelt down on his chest, pinning him to the floor.

“BLOODY ER!” I slapped him.

“WHAT DID DOOJOON DO TO YOU!? HOW COULD YOU DO THAT TO HIM!? WHERE IS YOUR HEART!? BLOODY IDIOT!!!” I yelled as I continuously punched him.

“!” He yelled, grabbing onto my wrists tightly.

I struggled, but he was obviously much stronger.

“HOW DARE YOU!” He shouted, pushing me off him roughly.

“WHY NOT!?” I shouted back, giving him a kick in his chest.

He stumbled backwards, but did not fall. He grabbed my hair and slapped me. I dug my nails into his face, squeezing all the wounds I inflicted on him during the punches. He groaned in pain as he kicked me away.

“BLOODY !” He yelled. His face was bloody.

He pushed me hard, causing me to crash against the table. I fell to the floor, wincing in pain.

“Disgusting ! No wonder you and him get along so well! Both of you are the same kind of people! Gross!” He spat on me.

I had to practice all the self-control in me so as not to flare up on him. I had more important things to do. While he threw insults on me, I was secretly phoning the police.

I knew I could not say anything, but if I held onto the line long enough for him to not notice, I believe the police would be able to trace the call. I had no idea if it was a workable plan. It sure did work in dramas, but in reality, I have not tried it before. 

“Why are you not saying anything!? Don’t you always have something to say!? Huh!?” He squeezed my cheeks so hard I could taste blood in my mouth.

“What’s there to say to a person like you?” I asked.

His expression darkened. He grabbed my head and banged me against the table leg. I was dizzy but I recovered quickly.  I used whatever strength I had in me to head- him, but I was pushed away easily.

“You think you’re strong? You’re just a ing weak woman!” He kicked me in my stomach.

I glared at him.

“Who do you think you are to be glaring at me like that!?” He shouted, kicking me again.

I grabbed onto his leg, causing him to lose balance and fall.

“HHHH!!!!” He screeched.

He was ready to kick me again when Eun’s loud cries sounded through the house. I froze in fear.

“Ahhh~ My daughter is here.” He said with a smirk.

“No.” I muttered.

I was not going to let him take Eun.

“What do you mean by no? What can you do? She is legally my daughter, and I can take her wherever I want to.” He said into my face.

“NO!!! Don’t you dare!!!!” I yelled.

He smirked as he turned and headed towards Eun’s room. I was determined enough to not let him take Eun that I found the strength in me to stand up and grabbed him from the back. I locked my arms around him, not allowing him to move.

“GET AWAY FROM ME!!!!” He yelled, elbowing me in my chest countless times.

“NO!” I grunted.

“You want to die?! Huh!? You have a death wish!?” He yelled, turning to me.

He grabbed my neck, choking me.

“LET ME FULFIL YOUR WISH, SHALL I!? HUH!?” He tightened his hand around my neck as he shouted.

I struggled to keep my eyes open, unwilling to let myself die in his hands, but there was only so much I could take. I was about to give up when I heard the siren I thought would never come.

“What did you do?” He looked at me in shock.

 “WHAT DID YOU DO!?” He yelled, pushing me away.

I collapsed onto the floor.

“I win.” I said, smiling at him.

He stared at me angrily. He tried to escape, but he stupidly tried to go by the front door. What can I say?

/END OF FLASHBACK

“He really passed medical school?” Doojoon asked.

I shrugged my shoulders.

“Things like medical school are things you can study for. But things like escaping through the window instead of the front door when what’s coming for you is obviously at the front door is called common sense, in which I believe he lack.” I said.

“I’m going to kill him for hurting you like that.” He said.

“What are we now, Doo?” I asked.

He looked at me.

“I don’t know.” He said quietly.

“It’s okay. Just know I am not giving up on you.” I said.

He looked like he wanted to say something, but he just shook his head and smiled.

“Rest well.” He said, leaning over to cover the blanket over me.

I took the chance to give him a peck on his lips. He backed away quickly, looking at me with wide eyes.

“What?” I laughed.

“Did you just kiss me again!?” He asked, touching his lips.

“Yes. Stop looking like I violated you!” I said.

“You violated my lips! Twice in a row!” He yelled.

“And so?” I asked.

“Did you just say ‘and so’!?” He asked.

“It’s Kiss Day! Aren’t we supposed to kiss each other!?” I .

“Kiss Day?” He asked, looking at me, confused.

“Yea. Today is Kiss Day.” I said, my lips on purpose.

“STOP IT!!!!” He covered his face.

“Shut up. You’ll wake Eun eventually.” I laughed.

He threw himself onto the couch, his arms crossed, his lips pouted.

“Don’t pout like that. You make me want to kiss you again.” I said.

“Don’t you dare.” He glared at me.

“Is this a challenge?” I asked.

He narrowed his eyes at me.

“Okay, okay. I was just kidding.” I said, knowing better not to further.

I was about to fall asleep when he started talking.

“So did you kiss me just because it is Kiss Day?” He asked.

“What?” I asked, opening my eyes to look at him.

“You kissed me simply because it is Kiss Day, am I right?” He asked.

“Yes, and no.” I said.

“WHAT!?” He yelled.

“Yes, it is Kiss Day, therefore I kissed you. But no, it’s not simply because of that.” I said.

“Then what else!?” He asked.

“I said I like you!” I said.

“DON’T LIE TO ME!” He shouted.

“Oh my god. Whatever~” I laughed tiredly.

“GIVE ME AN EXPLANATION!” He yelled.

I was about to say something when Eun started crying loudly.

“Great! You finally woke her up.” I said.

“No, no, no! I’m sorry, princess!” He ran to her, picked her up in his arms and cradled her protectively.

“Shhhh~ I’m sorry, I’m sorry.” He apologized as he tried to hush her.

“It’s your fault.” He glared at me.

“How is it my fault?” I asked.

“Your kiss started it.” He said.

“It takes two to kiss, you know.” I said.

“What are you trying to imply?” He asked.

“I’m trying to imply that we should be sharing the responsibility.” I said.

“You forced the kiss on me.” He hissed.

“Yea, I sure did, but you dare say you don’t enjoy it?” I asked.

“I…” He was obviously lost for words.

“I win~” I grinned.

“Eun! She is bullying me!” He pouted at Eun who chuckled in response.

Are you back already, my Doojoon?

***
Sorry about the nonsensical part below.
 Happy Kiss Day!

z02.gif