0327

Can you hear me?

Iseul’s POV

“So, how do you like it?” Doojoon asked me as I walked out of the room into the living room where he sat on the couch.

“It’s great.” I said, sitting down next to him, looking around the well-furnished interior of the house.

“But…” I looked at him.

“Is there something you don’t like? We could always get it changed.” He said.

I shook my head.

“This place is perfect. It’s just that… it looks so new. As if no one ever stayed here.” I said.

“Ahhh~” He smiled slightly.

“You didn’t have this place all along, did you?” I asked.

He shrugged his shoulders.

“I can’t accept this.” I said.

“Why not?” He asked.

“You can’t just simply buy a house like that!” I said.

“First, I have not bought this house, yet. It’s still on rent. Secondly, I’ve been eyeing on this apartment since a while ago, but because I live in the dorm, it would be wasteful to have another apartment. Now, I have all the reason in the world to fulfill my wish. I’m not doing this for you. You’re doing this for me.” He said.

I stared at him.

“I’ve already paid the rent for the month, so might as well just live here? Or else it’s just gonna be empty.” He said.

“I hate you for doing this.” I mumbled.

“I know you love me.” He winked.

I smacked his chest, but unable to contain my smile.

“So, is there anything we need to buy to make you comfortable?” He asked.

“I don’t like the bedsheets and the curtains.” I said.

“Sure, we’ll go shopping.” He smiled.

“And the fridge is empty.” I pouted.

“We’ll go to the supermarket too. You’ll buy and I’ll be your slave. Anything else?” He asked.

“I want to change the pass code.” I said.

His smile faded away.

“Wh.. why?” He asked.

“Because you know this one, and I don’t want you to know it.” I said.

“Oh.” His expression obviously upset.

“So, how do you reset the pass code?” I asked, walking towards the door.

“I can just forget this one, or don’t come at all, or I’ll knock. Why..?” He asked.

“I don’t feel comfortable.” I said.

“You… what?” He asked.

“I don’t feel comfortable with other people knowing the pass code to my house. It’s my house now, right? At least for this month?” I asked.

“Yea.” He muttered softly and then headed towards the door.

He fiddled with it for awhile before gesturing me over.

“You can key in your desired pass code now.” He said.

“Okay, turn away.” I said.

He looked at me.

“Turn.” I repeated.

He reluctantly turned away from me. I smiled to myself as I watch him with his head hung low. How is this person standing here the same as the one standing on stage facing thousands of fans? This one here is obviously a puppy.

“Okay, done!” I announced.

“Alright. Let’s go.” He said, walking straight out.

“Yay! Let’s go!” I linked my arm with his.

***
“Which should I.. Eh?” Doojoon was beside me just a moment ago, and now he is gone.

I looked around the store, trying to find him.

“You said you’ll help me choose and now you just disappeared?” I grumbled to myself as I walked around, looking for him.

I rehearsed a really cool speech in my head, ready to yell at him and make him feel bad. I walked towards him, smacking him hard on his arm, startling him.

“You scared me!” He said, but did not look angry.

“Where did you go to!?” I yelled.

“I got distracted looking at these cots.” He smiled as he turned to the wide range of cots.

“Why are you looking at the cots for!? We’re here to buy my bed sheet and curtains!” I shouted.

“Which do you think would be good for your baby? If it’s a girl, this baby pink one looks sweet. Look at the cute flowers at the side. But what if it’s a boy? How about this blue one? Or maybe we could get the white one and then I’ll paint it!” He said excitedly, as though he did not hear any of my words at all.

 “Shall we buy it? Hmm?” He asked, his eyes brightened.

“Pale yellow.” I said.

“Huh?” He looked at me.

“Get the pale yellow one.” I pointed to the pale yellow one with little duckies painted around it.

“OH! Why didn’t I see that!? Right! Like that it’s uni, right? Ahhh~ Why didn’t I think of it!?” He laughed.

However, I stopped him from placing the order. It was still too early for baby stuff. He was upset for a little while, but then he went on to blabbering to me how he was going to decorate the baby room. I looked at him, unable to say anything. He was so excited for a baby that was not even his. With that, my really cool speech seemed to vanished into thin air, replacing its place, a semi melted heart.

“Iseul! Look at this!” He yelled, grabbing my hand and literally pulling me along.

“What!? What!?” I asked, surprised by his sudden action.

“This! Buy this bed sheet! You like it, don’t you!?”  He grinned, pointing at the floral patterned one.

I have been obsessed with floral recently, but I did not expect him to notice.

“How did you know?” I asked, picking up a set.

He winked at me and skipped off.

I let him pick out the curtains for me as well. I thought he would choose something floral as well but instead he chose a white one with small flowers sewn onto it.

“I thought you’ll choose that.” I said, pointing at the overly floral one.

“I would if your bed sheet is white and everything else is plain. We just need one pattern to stand out in the room, and that is the bed sheet. Only like that can it be unique.” He said.

“Why the bed sheet?” I asked.

“Because you sleep on it.” He smiled.

“Disgusting.” I laughed, but honestly felt really happy inside.

“What!? If you’re a monkey, I’ll get the floral curtains! Are you a monkey!?” He asked, running after me.

“Shut up.” I said, elbowing his chest.

“Aigoo~” He groaned, but the smile on his face never left.

In the supermarket, he walked next to me, pushing the cart, until we arrived at the biscuit section, then he lost himself and ran all over the place.

“STAY STILL!” I yelled, grabbing his arm.

“Huh?” He looked at me curiously.

“Why are you running around like a puppy on loose?” I asked.

“I’m not.” He said innocently.

“Why are you throwing so many baby biscuits into the cart?” I asked.

“I want to eat them all!” He said excitedly.

“For what? You’re not a baby. You don’t need such biscuits.” I said.

“I want to try everything and pick out the tastiest one, so in future, I’ll only buy that for baby! I don’t want baby to be eating something that isn’t tasty.” He said.

I let go of him and let him continue to run around.

Baby, aren’t you a lucky little thing? Look at what a fool Doodoo has become for you, even though you are not his.

I should be happy, shouldn’t I? But why do I feel so upset instead?

Doojoon’s POV

“I can put the bed sheet on myself.” She said.

“It’s fine!” I smiled.

“You’re perspiring so much.” She said, wiping the sweat off my forehead.

I winced softly when I stretched the wounds on my back.

“Come on, I’ll do it. You did the curtains, and that’s enough. I can manage the bed sheets. Your back is still in a bad shape. Come, let’s go outside.” She said, dragging me out.

“But the bed sheet….” I mumbled.

“I’ll do it. Tsk!” She frowned.

“Just sit here, I’ll go put the groceries properly then get you some food.” She said.

I nodded, but after she disappeared into the kitchen, I ran back to her room to finish up putting the bed sheet for her. I just felt the need to do it. I do not know why.

“YOON DOOJOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” She screamed, startling me.

I turned to find her staring at me with hands on her hips.

“Heee~” I grinned.

“I told you to sit down and rest your back!” She pouted.

“Aww~ Stop being angry~” I pinched her cheek as I pushed passed her and headed outside.

“I wouldn’t be angry if you would just listen. Your wounds are still pretty fresh. I don’t want you to hurt yourself further.” She grumbled.

“I get it, I get it. Aigoo~” I laughed.

“You think it’s funny?” She asked.

I shook my head.

“Does it hurt or not?” She asked, lifting my shirt.

“Omo! How could you just lift my shirt like that?” I asked, surprised by her sudden action.

“Quit acting like I’ve never seen you only in your boxers.” She rolled her eyes.

“That’s true~” I agreed.

It is not uncommon for me to see her in shorts and sports bra, neither is it uncommon for her to see me topless, only dressed in my boxer.

“Go lie down for awhile. I can prepare dinner.” She said.

“No, I got to go.” I said.

“Where?” She asked.

“Practice.” I said.

“With your back like that!?” She yelled.

“Chill! I’m fine!” I laughed.

“How is it fine!?” She asked.

“I’ll take care of myself, okay? Don’t worry.” I smiled as I headed towards the door.

“Doodoo ah~” She whined.

“I’ll be okay, I promise.” I assured her.

“Tsk! Hurt yourself for all I care!” She yelled.

I turned to her. She was pouting at me angrily.

“It’s vocal practice, silly.” I said.

“You…. You teased me!?” She yelled, kicking my shin.

“ARGHHH!” I jumped at the sudden pain.

She stuck out her tongue at me.

“Hmph! I’m leaving!” I said.

“GET OUT!” She opened the door, pushing me out.

I almost kissed the wall.

“Call me if you need anything.” I said, turning to her.

She smiled and nodded.

“Be good.” I patted her head lightly.

She laughed and nodded.

“You be good to your Mummy too.” I bend down to talk to my belly.

“Take care.” She said.

“Okay.” I said, staring at the lock on the door.

I felt a sudden wave of sadness hit me. How could she not tell me her pass code? Am I some stranger?

***
We had five hours of vocal practice, and after that we were all drained and thirsty. I handed out bottles of water to them before grabbing one for myself.

“How’s your back?” Junhyung asked as he settled down beside me.

“Good.” I said.

“Thankfully your fever subsided.” He said.

“I didn’t know I had a fever.” I said, feeling apologetic towards him.

“Of course you didn’t know. You were sleeping like a log.” He smiled.

I woke up in the morning to find him hugging the bucket of water, sleeping in a sitting position next to me. I wanted to take the bucket away from him so he could sleep properly, but I ended up shocking him so badly he splashed the water all over himself.

I was about to say something when he pointed to my phone. It was flashing with a text message from Iseul.

‘Still in practice?’ She texted.

‘Just ended. You’re not supposed to be awake at 2.30AM.’ I replied.

‘Neither should you.’ She replied.

‘Go to bed! Go, go!’ I replied.

I expected her to reply, but she did not.

We had some snacks before heading back to the dorm where we shower and then headed to bed. I was lying in bed, trying to make myself as comfortable as possible but it was pretty impossible. I ended up sleeping on my side, not that it did not hurt, but that was the best position out of all.

I was about to drift off into sleep when my phone vibrated. Iseul again. Shouldn’t she be asleep?

‘0327’ She texted.

‘???’ I replied.

‘Figure it out yourself :P’ She replied.

I smiled to myself as I instantly knew what the numbers were for.

‘I thought you didn’t want ‘other people’ to know the pass code?’ I replied.

‘Are you ‘other people’?’ She replied.

‘Of course not! But why 0327?’ I replied.

‘You don’t know what 0327 means? :(‘ She replied.

‘What does it mean!?’ I replied.

‘If you can’t figure it out, then our friendship is OVER! Hmph!’ She replied.

‘NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! >.<’ I replied, but her reply never came again.

What does 0327 means? Is there something I am forgetting? I cannot let this mere numbers take away our friendship! No!!!

I could not sleep at all. The numbers ‘0327’ kept floating in my head, but there was nothing indicating its significance. My head was starting to hurt.

“0327~ 0327~ What does it mean ughhhhh???” I hit my head with my fists.

Then it struck me out of a sudden.

“OH!!!” I yelled out.

“Owww~” I groaned when a pillow hit my face.

“Sorry.” I mumbled to Hyunseung.

I could not stop smiling. 0327 means March 27, which also marks the day Iseul and I became friends. She remembers even the littlest detail. Tell me, how can I not love this girl?

‘It’s been almost ten years, Iseul ah~ Thank you for being my friend.’ I texted her.

I closed my eyes, falling asleep smiling, literally.

***
tumblrm8bkkw66kf1r0xrqh.gif
Doojoon looking at baby stuff

tumblrlngr87orig1qckrgt.gif
Doojoon: What does 0327 means?