Out of my sight

Can you hear me?

Doojoon’s POV

I pushed pass Iseul and walked out. I slammed the door shut and leaned against the wall. I hated the look she was giving me. It was so full of sympathy. I did not need it, at least not from her. I could not help but feel that everything that happened was partly her fault.

“Oh. You’re up.” A familiar voice said.

I turned to the source of the voice; Junhyung.

“What happened to your face?” I asked, staring at the long scratch across his face.

He narrowed his eyes at me.

“You really don’t remember?” He asked.

“Did I do that to you? When?” I asked.

“You unleashed the Dooverine in you while you were asleep and slashed me across my face!” He exclaimed.

I ought to be extremely sorry, but his reaction made me laugh.

He smacked me across my arm.

“I’m sorry!” I apologized.

“Forget it.” He muttered.

“Just slap me the next time.” I said.

“You said it!” He sounded excited.

I laughed and shook my head.

“But Doo, maybe you want to… you know..” He mumbled.

“What? See a psychiatrist?” I asked.

“Maybe.” He mumbled.

I sighed and looked at him. He looked like he wanted to say something, but had no idea what to say.

“Iseul…” He said suddenly.

My mood dampened at the sound of her name.

“Is she still inside? Is she asleep? She’s been watching over you for hours.” He said.

“Don’t mention her!” I yelled at him.

“Eh?” He looked at me, shocked.

“I said, don’t mention her! Never ever mention her!” I shouted.

“But, Iseul…” I pushed him against the wall before he could finish talking.

“Doo…” He muttered, looking scared.

“Doojoonie! What are you doing!?” I heard voices shout, but I saw nothing except Junhyung’s scared face.

“I’m warning you. The next time you mention her name, I’ll strangle you.” I threatened him.

“But she…” He muttered.

The door of my room opened, revealing the face I least wanted to see at this point of time; Iseul.

“I’ll go if you don’t wish to see me, but don’t hurt him, you’ll regret it.” She said.

“Who are you to teach me how to act!?” I diverted my anger to her.

“If you’re angry at me, then stay angry at me and me only!” She raised her voice.

I let Junhyung go. I stared hard at Isuel, clenching my fists tight.

“I know it’s my fault. But if I knew this would happen…” I had no idea why I did what I did, but I slapped her across her cheek.

She held onto her reddened cheek, looking at me in shock. The other boys were shocked too. And honestly, so was I.

“Doo…” She muttered, tears flowing down her cheeks.

“Iseul, you know, sometimes it is better not to try explaining. If you knew this would happen, if you knew! What are you trying to say!? To whom are you trying to push the blame to? Huh?” I asked.

She shook her head, crying.

“Don’t look at me with those eyes. It angers me. Yes, I ing got , but I don’t need your sympathy.” I pushed her outwards.

She stumbled, but did not fall.

“I just want to help you.” She cried.

“HELP ME!? Then get out of my sight! Nothing good ever happens to me with you around! Just get out of my sight! That would be the biggest help to me!” I yelled at her.

“I’m sorry.” She cried even harder.

“Doojoon ah~ You don’t mean what you said, did you?” Kikwang asked, looking surprised.

“I meant every single ing word I said.” I said.

“I want this out of my sight. Forever.” I pointed at Iseul.

“I’m sorry.” She cried before running off.

I should be feeling bad, but surprisingly, I was not. But deep down inside, I could hear a part of me yelling ‘Iseul, don’t go!’