Always welcome

Can you hear me?

Iseul’s POV

“You’re always welcome here, you know.” I said to Doojoon while he was playing with Eun.

He looked at me, and then continued to play with the girl as though I did not exist.

“Do you need me to send you to work?” I asked.

He shook his head. He gave Eun a kiss on her forehead before putting her back into her playpen.

“I am not working today. I could bring Eun along for a car ride.” I said.

He looked slightly interested at that.

“It’s been a long time since I took out Eun.” I added.

“Okay.” He said.

“I’ll go grab her stuff.” I smiled, hurrying to the room before he changes his mind.

I stood at the stairs, watching him carry Eun and throwing her in the air, earning chuckles from the girl.

“I want to put you in my pocket and bring you everywhere I go.” I heard him say to her as she tried to climb all over him.

“Can we go?” I asked, despite reluctant to break their little bonding session.

“Yea.” He said coldly, before turning to her and grinning excitedly.

I smiled to myself as I watch him hold her close to his chest, running to the car.

“I could shift the baby seat to the back so you can sit with her.” I said.

He said nothing and continued to excite the girl by balancing her on his shoulder, letting her mess his hair.

 I deliberately drove slowly so he could spend more time with her. To say I was not jealous at their bond would be a lie. It has never occurred to me before that a day like where Doojoon ignore me would come.

“We’re here.” I announced.

He looked up, sadness obvious on his face when he saw the CUBE building.

“Bye, princess.” He pouted, poking her cheek.

Eun grabbed onto his finger, looking at him with a pout as well.

“Eun, let Doodoo go.” I said.

Doojoon looked at me.

“I don’t mean anything.” I said quickly, afraid that he might think I was trying to get Eun away from him.

He said nothing as he turned to Eun, giving her a kiss on her forehead. He whispered something into her ear I could not hear. But, whatever he said to her surprisingly made her release her grip on his finger.

“Love you.” He said to her, earning a wide grin from the girl.

“Thanks.” He muttered to me.

“Doo!” I called out before he walked away.

He turned back, staring at me.

“Erm… You’re always welcome to my place, you know.” I said.

“Why would I want to come?” He asked.

“Eun likes your company.” I said.

“Mmm~” He hummed before walking off.

“And so do I.” I said to myself as I watch his retreating back view.

I turned back to look at Eun who was staring out of the window.

“Eun~” I called out.

She turned to look at me, blinking her big eyes. I was about to say something when I realize one side of her socks missing.

“Where did your socks go to, sweetheart?” I asked as I looked all over the floor of the car, but there was nothing.

“That’s strange.” I muttered to myself.

I was certain I put on both side of her socks for her, so where did the other side disappear to?