Shock

Can you hear me?

Doojoon’s POV

“Hyung, are you okay?” Dongwoon asked, looking at me curiously.

“How am I not okay?” I asked.

“You’re smiling at your shoes. Is that a normal thing to do?” He asked.

I nodded, still smiling.

“You’ve been smiling a lot lately. Is there something we should know but don’t?” He nudged me, grinning as well.

“Not exactly.” I muttered, looking away, trying to hide my smile.

I screamed when I saw Junhyung sitting next to me, smiling stupidly.

“WHEN DID YOU GET HERE!?” I yelled.

“When you were grinning to yourself~” He smiled.

I pushed him away.

“What is this strength-less push?” He laughed as he got back up.

“Hyung, tell us~” Dongwoon said.

“Tell what!?” Yoseob asked as he ran over.

“There’s nothing to tell!” I said, trying to run away from them but Kikwang and Hyunseung blocked me.

Great, now I am surrounded.

“Are you in love?” Junhyung asked.

My eyes widened.

“Is it that obvious?” I asked, feeling my cheeks heat up in embarrassment.

“WHO!?” They screamed into my face.

“I… I.. Iseul.” I muttered, covering my face.

“Chey~” They made faces at me.

“What!? What!? What’s with that!?” My eyes widened at their reaction. I did not expect it to be like this.

“Are you guys disappointed?” I asked, feeling the cringe in my heart.

“Disappointed? Why would we be?” Junhyung asked, putting his arm over my shoulder.

“Then what’s with that kind of look on your faces?” I asked.

“We thought it was someone else! We expected you and Iseul to be together some day, some how, so we aren’t that surprised after all. But imagine, if it were someone else you are dating, and then Iseul gets jealous. Woah! All that drama!” Dongwoon said.

“How dare you!?” I smacked his head.

“Owww! It hurts!” He pouted.

“Why would I hit you if I did not intend for it to hurt?” I asked.

“If only you treat us all like how you treat Eun~” He commented.

“Well, I would surely do that if you treat me like how Eun treats me. All fluffy and cute~” I smiled. The thought of Eun made my heart flutter. I miss that girl, and of course, her mother too.

“So, how long has it been?” Yoseob asked.

“What?” I asked.

“You and Iseul.” He said.

“About… two weeks?” I said.

“AND YOU ONLY TELL US ABOUT IT NOW!?” He shouted.

“I wanted to be sure of our relationship before announcing it to you guys!” I said.

“Are you unsure?” Kikwang asked.

“It’s not that.” I muttered.

“Do you like someone else?” Hyunseung asked.

“Of course not!” I exclaimed.

“Then why?” He asked.

“I don’t know. It just feels weird. I’m afraid, to be honest. I think I know Iseul too well. Iseul is not like that, but she feels different now.” I said.

“What? Do you think she’s not sincere about it?” Junhyung asked.

“I think she’s too sincere about it that it scares me.” I said.

“Aye~ Hyung~ You’ve been wanting this since the dinosaurs were around, and now you have it, you’re having doubts?” Dongwoon asked.

“I’ve been wanting it, yes. But Iseul… And you know, I… Arghhh~ I don’t know.” I messed my hair.

“Come on! Stop having doubts!” Kikwang said.

“I know, I know. It’s just… I still don’t know how to believe that this is happening. I mean… Iseul asking me to be her boyfriend? I was really surprised.” I said.

“Wait. What did you just say?” Yoseob asked.

“Iseul asked me to be her boyfriend.” I repeated.

“Iseul asked you? She asked?” Junhyung asked.

“Yea.” I said.

“Oh my god. That’s… Wow~ Now, that’s surprising!” He laughed.

“And so you accepted her?” Hyunseung asked.

“No, I rejected her.” I said.

“EH!?” They stared at me with wide eyes.

“And then I asked her to be my girlfriend.” I grinned.

They roll their eyes and threw their towels at me.

“WHAT!? I HAVE TO BE THE ONE ASKING! I’M THE MAN!” I yelled.

“WHATEVER!” They scoffed.

That night, I was sitting alone in the living room when Junhyung came to sit with me.

“Congrats.” He said, stretching out his hand.

“Thanks.” I smiled, squeezing his hand.

“Iseul’s an amazing person.” He said.

“I know.” I smiled as I thought about her.

“So why are you sulking?” He asked.

“Because I…” I muttered.

“You what? You don’t think you deserve her? You don’t think you should be with her? You think she’ll be better without you? If you have so many doubts, then call her now and say you’re breaking up with her.” He said, throwing the phone to me.

I looked at him, not knowing what to say.

“Doo, you crazy fellow, isn’t it too early to have doubts!? Or rather, why are you even doubting Iseul, or worse, doubting yourself?” He asked.

I wanted to say something, but I had not idea how to respond.

He pulled me into his arms and hugged me tight.

Stop it, Doo. Stop doing this to yourself. Give her a chance to heal you. Give yourself a chance to recover too. And besides, she owes you this too! After you've done so much for her. Give her the chance to repay you!” He said.

“Alright.” I smiled.

“Good boy!” He patted me on my head before sprinting away.

“YAH! HOW DARE YOU DO THAT!?” I yelled, running after him.

Iseul’s POV

“Wakey~” I felt someone poke my cheek.

I opened my eyes to find Doojoon awake and smiling at me.

“Hur~ I want to sleep~” I said, burying my face into his bare chest.

“Then sleep.” He said, kissing me on my hair.

He has been staying over quite frequently because he said he wants to be closer to Eun. Not that I actually mind but I would love it if he admits he was staying over to be closer to me. Yes, I am being jealous of my own daughter.

“I’ll go check on Eun.” He said.

“I’ll go. She kept you awake all night.” I said, forcing myself to wake up.

Eun was crying a lot last night and Doojoon had to wake up every half an hour just to check on her. He was not even asleep despite his eyes being closed because when I tried to take out his hearing aid for him, he stopped me.

“It’s fine, it’s fine. I’m awake.” He smiled.

“You barely slept.” I pouted.

“I slept enough.” He kissed me on my lips.

What a bad liar he is. His eyes were only half-opened and he could not even walk straight. But I knew he would do anything just for Eun. How badly he spoils her.

“At least put on a shirt!” I said.

He grinned and walked out of the room, still topless.

I lied back down onto my bed, closing my eyes. Just as I was about to fall asleep, I heard a loud thud, as if someone or something fell. I shot up from bed and ran outside.

“DOO!” I yelled when I saw him at the foot of the stairs, looking as if he was in pain.

“Did you slip!? Huh? Where did you hurt yourself?” I asked him worriedly.

“No, no. I…” He muttered, looking confused.

“Did you hit your head!?” I asked, checking his head for injuries but I saw none.

“No. Iseul. I…” He looked at me, and then behind me.

“Why do you look so scared?” A familiar voice asked.

I turned to see who it was.

“Oh my god.” I muttered, shocked as well.

***
3kz.gifJunhyung: Stop it, Doo. Stop doing this to yourself. Give her a chance to heal you. Give yourself a chance to recover too. And besides, she owes you this! After you've done so much for her. Give her the chance to repay you!

tvs.gifSlipping Doojoon XD