Chance

Can you hear me?

Iseul's POV

"What do I do? What do I do?" I started panicking.

I wanted to run out to look for Doojoon, but Eun was here and I could not leave her alone, neither could I take her with me.

I jumped when I heard a loud banging on my door.

"ISEUL!!!" A familiar voice shouted. Doojoon.

I rush to open the door. He looked scared as he ran in and hid behind me.

"Doojoon, what...?" Before I could finish asking, I saw who was scaring him.

Behind him was a drunkard. He was grinning as he stumbled over.

"Come here, handsome! Spend the night with me! You wouldn't regret!" He said, trying to grab Doojoon who was trembling badly behind me.

"Don't touch him!" I yelled, kicking him away.

He fell backwards. He glared hard at me as he tried to pick himself up.

" YOURSELF IF YOU'RE SO IN NEED OF IT!" I yelled, punching him in his nose, knocking him down again.

"!" He yelled, trying to push me but he was obviously not sober enough.

I was about to hit him when someone else beat me to it. Doojoon threw himself onto that drunkard, tackling him to the ground.

"HOW DARE YOU CALL HER A , YOU BLOODY DISGUSTING IDIOT!" He yelled as he punched the man.

"WHAT DID I DO TO YOU!? WHY DID YOU DO THIS TO ME!? WHY!? WHY!?" He shouted as he punched continuously.

"Enough! Doojoon, enough!" I tried to pull him away.

I did not mind if he killed that ert, but he would get into trouble and I have no desire to let him do that. He was obviously not being himself now. He saw that ert as the one who him.

"I MUST KILL HIM!" He yelled.

I hugged him from behind, trying my best to drag him away, but an angry man has triple the strength he originally has.

"PLEASE, DOOJOON!" I pleaded.

Just then, Eun made her presence known.

"Gooooooo!!"She said with a pout.

Although it sounded funny, I was still surprised, and so was Doojoon. He stopped punching the guy and turned to Eun. Eun smiled at him. We were both so captivated by her that I momentarily forgot the existence of the ert until he punched Doojoon in his nose.

"YAHHHHH!!" I yelled as I caught Doojoon before he could hit the ground.

I contemplated on running after the ert but I decided that it was not important after all.

"Are you okay!?" I asked Doojoon who was still smiling lovingly at Eun despite his bleeding nose.

"Gosh, why am I even talking to you now?" I asked as I pressed a piece of tissue onto his nose to stop the bleeding.

"DOESN'T IT HURT!?" I yelled when his stupid grin annoyed me.

"No." He chuckled, making faces at Eun who was a laughing mess.

"Aigoo~" I shook my head, laughing at their cuteness.

“Stop staring at each other so lovingly! Let me clean your nose first!” I said, literally turning his head away from Eun.

He looked at me, smiling slightly.

“Did he hurt you anywhere else?” I asked.

He shook his head.

“You shocked me, you know? I was so lost between going to find you and staying here with Eun.” I said.

He looked down, saying nothing.

“How did you find your way here? Where were you exactly?” I asked.

“I was here all along.” He muttered.

“What?” I asked, surprised.

“I was nearby all along.” He said.

“Then why didn’t you come?” I asked.

Doojoon’s POV

I looked at her, and then looked away.

“You were here all along, but you didn’t come in. Why?” She asked, cupping my face.

“I…” I mumbled, not knowing what to say.

I was here since evening, but I stayed hanging out for a few hours, not daring to go in. I could not seem to face Iseul. She has become so nice and loving towards me I had no idea how to react. It is not that she did not love me in the past, but this time the love she is showering on me is obviously different from before.

I walked around her estate, walking passed their house countless times. I could see her and Eun from the curtain gap. Many times I wanted to head in, but something inside me was stopping me from doing it. I was walking when I felt someone behind following me. There was no one when I turned behind, but when I turned back, a drunkard was grinning at me.

He tried to grab me and said disgusting things like how he wants to pleasure me tonight. I tried to run away from him but he ran after me. As I was running away, Iseul called me and I almost manage to answer her call but I tripped and fell. Thankfully for me, the ert was drunk, so despite the fact I fell, I could still pick myself up fast and run away.

I called Iseul back as I was running. Just by hearing her voice, I felt safe already. As I talked to her on the phone, I had no idea where I was running to but somehow my legs brought me back to her house. I banged onto her door, and when it opened, revealing her standing there, I knew I was going to be safe.

“But I’m so glad you called me back. I’m so glad you came.” She said, hugging me tightly.

I had no idea why, but I cried.

“I was so scared. I thought it was going to happen again!” I cried.

“You’re safe, Doo. I’ll protect you. I said I’m here for you, didn’t I? I wasn’t kidding when I said that. I mean it.” She said, caressing my back.

“I’m so dirty. I’m so gross. So useless. I can’t even protect myself! I hate myself!!” I yelled as I soaked her shirt with my tears.

“It’s not like that.” She said.

Tonight, I cried the hardest ever since that incident happened, and Iseul said nothing except hold me in her arms, kissing me on my cheek as and when. When I had no tears left, I was left tired, but surprisingly I felt good.

“Doo,” She called out as she wiped my face.

“Doo, you’re not useless, neither are you dirty or gross. You’re Doojoon, the brave and loving Yoon Doojoon I know. Don’t punish yourself for the mistakes he made. He should be the one suffering, not you.” She said.

“But how? I…” I could feel the tears sting the back of my eyes again.

“YOU’RE A STAR! STAR!” She yelled.

I looked at her, surprised by her sudden loudness. I could not help but laugh at her attempt to try copy Junhyung’s character in Monstar.

“Laughing already?” She asked.

“You’re a bad actress.” I said.

“Of course. I’m a forensic pathologist. And besides, everything I say or do is genuine.” She said.

What was she trying to say?

“Doojoon, let’s go through this together, okay? Me, you and Eun.” She said, holding my hands.

“What does this mean?” I asked.

“Would you give me a chance to shower you with tender loving care?” She asked.

I stared at her, genuinely in shock. Was she indirectly asking me to be her boyfriend?

“Gooooooooo!!!” Eun called out again.

I turned to her. She was grinning and jumping in her playpen.

Eun, do you want this too?

***
4hz.gifDoojoon: I MUST KILL HIM!