Come back

Can you hear me?

Iseul’s POV

Eun and I moved back to my parents’ place while I got my apartment cleaned up. Jaehyun took all his belongings and disappeared. I really did not expect myself to be doing this, but I reported him to the police. I could let him get away with being an , but him doing something like that to Doojoon was just unacceptable. I swear that even if he went on his knees this time to beg for forgiveness, I am not going to forgive him.

The police could not get anything out of Doojoon because he refuses to talk. Not only is he not talking to the police, he is not talking to any of us too. It feels like he is distancing himself from us. It is really difficult to even get him to look at us for a second. As much as we did not want to force him, we are not willing to let him be like this forever.

The only person who is able to get Doojoon to take at glance at her would be Eun. She would constantly be climbing all over Doojoon like a puppy, trying to get his attention using all means. She would poke him, pinch his cheeks, drool on him, hug him or amuse herself by doing something funny. Although most of the time she was just laughing by herself, I caught Doojoon smiling and smoothing her hair on a few occasions.

The doctor had discharged him and although I should be happy, I was in fact more worried. In the hospital, there would be nurses constantly on a watch-out, but now that he would be back at the dorm, it is only the boys looking over him but they need their rest too. Then again, holding him in the hospital would do more harm than good to his situation right now.

“Doo, are you ready?” I asked as I packed his stuff.

I turned to find him smiling at Eun and caressing her cheek with his finger.

“Doo~” I went towards him.

He looked away immediately, his expression blank again.

“Doo~” I held onto his hand.

He tried to pull away but I tightened my grip.

“Doo, please~” I pleaded.

He stopped resisting my hand, but did not look at me. I circled my arms around his waist, pulling him closer to me.

“Doo, I am sorry. I am sorry for letting this happen to you. I am so sorry.” I said.

“I should have listened to you. Your judgments were always right, but I always chose to trust my own terrible ones. In the past, I only hurt myself, therefore I never learnt my lesson. But this time… I am really sorry, Doo. I’ve learnt my lesson. From now on, I’ll listen to whatever you say, Doo. Please, Doo.  Come back to me, come back to us.” I cried onto his shoulder.

He gave my hand a squeeze, and then got up and walked off. I quickly dried my tears, carried Eun and followed after him. The ride back to his dorm was a quiet one, with the exception of Eun blabbering to herself, or perhaps, to him.

“Eun ah~ Aren’t you tired?” I asked, smiling at her through the rear mirror.

She grinned at me and continued to blabber, occasionally smacking Doojoon’s arm.

“Doo, are you feeling okay? Is the air-condition too strong?” I asked.

He shook his head, not giving eye contact still.

“Then, are you hungry? Do you want to eat something? The nurse told me you did not have breakfast today.” I said.

He shook his head again.

“But you need to eat.” I muttered.

Apart from not talking, he has not been eating much too. Getting him to swallow just a scoop of rice would take almost half an hour of coaxing, and like a child, even if he opens his mouth to allow me to feed him that scoop of rice, he would not even chew on it. He would just leave it in his mouth, as if it would melt off.

***
“We’re home!” I announced when we arrived at the dorm.

The boys hurried to the door to welcome him back.

“Let me take your bag!” Kikwang said, taking Doojoon’s bag from him.

“We ordered takeout from your favourite place! It should be coming soon!” Yoseob said, dragging the leader to the sofa.

“Stay for food too.” Junhyung said to me quietly.

They are still somewhat cold to me after what happened, but I know I deserve this.

I sat alone, watching them play with Eun. My eyes found its way to Doo who was sitting by the window, watching them as well.

Doo, I used to call you noisy, but now I miss your voice so much. I used to say you should calm down and not be so active, but now I miss you being all over me. I used to say you smile too much that it becomes fake, but now I wish you would flash me a smile, even if it were not genuine. Doo, I miss you being Yoon Doojoon.

Eun crawled away from the boys and went towards Doojoon. She used his legs as a support to help herself stand. She only recently knew how to sit on her own and crawl, but she is already wanting to stand. She surprised us when she successfully pulled herself up onto Doojoon’s lap. She lied on his lap and hugged his arm like as if it was her bolster. He let out a small smile. Eun, only you have the ability to do this.

Food came shortly, and although everyone looked excited, I knew they were dreading it. Mealtime would also mean having to spend time coaxing Doojoon again.

“I’ll do it.” Junhyung said, taking the bowl of food I scooped for Doojoon.

“But I can do it.” I said.

“It’s fine. I can manage.” He said.

“I think.” He added softly.

“Come, Doojoonie, look what we have here. It’s your favourite!” Junhyung said in an overly excited voice, exactly how you would speak when you are speaking to a child.

Doojoon did not even look at the bowl.

“Try it! I specifically told the person to add more gravy into the rice because you always complained that it’s too dry, isn’t it?” He said, putting a spoonful of rice at Doojoon’s mouth.

Doojoon shook his head and pushed Junhyung’s hand away gently.

“Just one scoop, Doojoonie. If you don’t like it, then we’ll not force you anymore.” He said, putting the spoon at his mouth again.

This time, Doojoon pushed his hand away roughly, causing the spoon to fly out of Junhyung’s hand.

Junhyung’s expression changed. All of us took a quick glance at each other, perhaps, thinking about the same thing; ‘That’s it. Junhyung is going to explode.’ Not only did Junhyung had a change in expression, Doojoon did too. For a split second, he looked apologetic.

As we were ready to go pull Junhyung away to calm him down, he surprised us by picking up the spoon and cleaning up the mess on the floor.

“Accidents happen! It’s okay! We have more rice and more spoons! Give me a second!” He said cheerfully.

He ran into the kitchen and came back with not only a spoon, but also a wide smile plastered on his face.

“Here! Try it! It looks really yummy!” Junhyung urged Doojoon again.

Doojoon snatched the spoon from Junhyung, ate the spoonful of rice, threw the spoon onto the table and walked back into the room.

“NOW THAT YOU’VE ATE ONE SCOOP, I AM SURE YOU CANNOT RESIST IT ANYMORE! COME! THERE’S MORE!!!” Junhyung said excitedly, behaving like an annoying promoter, but I would be lying if I said it was not cute.

For Junhyung to throw his temper and pride aside to go to the extreme of behaving like a kid just to get Doojoon to eat was something I never expected to see. This is how strong their bromance is, and I am so envious of them.

***
I jumped up when my phone rang. I silently cursed myself for forgetting to turn it on to silent mode. Thankfully, Eun was a deep sleeper, so she was still in a deep sleep despite the loud ringing. I took a glance at the clock. It was 4AM. The person calling me was Dongwoon. What the hell was Dongwoon doing calling me at 4AM? Was he drunk?

“Woonie, this better be good.” I said tiredly.

“It’s not good.” He said.

I was awoken by the seriousness in his voice.

“What is it?” I asked quickly.

“Did hyung go to your place?” He asked.

“My place? No. Why would he? What’s wrong? Is he missing!?” I asked.

“Hyunseung hyung woke up to go to the toilet and found hyung not on his bed. He thought he was either in the toilet or dazing on the sofa like how he always would, but he isn’t! He isn’t in the dorm. The other hyungs have went out to look for him. I am alone in the dorm just in case he comes back.” He said.

“Okay. I’ll go look too. Keep me updated.” I said, grabbing my jacket.

I did not want to worry my parents but I had to tell them if I was going to disappear in the middle of the night. I needed them to look after Eun too. They were very worried for him when they heard of what happened, but I kept telling them he was fine just to give them peace.

Doojoon ah, where did you go? This is not funny. Losing your soul is enough, I cannot take losing you physically.