Nothing

Can you hear me?

Doojoon’s POV

“Doo, what do you want for dinner?” Hyunseung asked.

“Erm… No.” I said.

“No?” He asked.

The boys turned to look at me.

“I’m going for dinner with Iseul.” I smiled.

“Ahhh~ Iseul over brothers. We understand.” Junhyung said.

“Yah!” I punched his stomach playfully.

We have been flying to countries for the past months for tours and promotions. Today, we finally have time to settle down in Seoul. Even before I called Iseul, she already called me, telling me that she is booking me for dinner and that I would have to appear no matter what.

“Fine, fine. Go enjoy dinner with Iseul. You need some Iseul to energize your tired body.” Junhyung said.

“If you’re planning on bringing her home, do let us know in advance so we can keep the house empty for you.” Dongwoon said, winking at me.

“What do you take me for!?” I yelled.

“A ert?” Yoseob said.

“YAH!” I grabbed him and tackled him to the floor.

We fooled around for a while before I surrendered to go prepare. I took a warm shower before changing.

“Wow! What’s with the suit?” Junhyung asked as he lied on my bed.

“Iseul said to dress nicely.” I said.

“Iseul says, Iseul says, Iseul says~ Aigoo~ Look at how Iseul has the almighty Yoon leader clenched in her fist tightly.” He said, clenching his fist.

“Tsk!” I threw my towel into his face.

“YAH!! It’s dirty!!” He shouted.

“Suits you.” I winked.

“Suits me?” He asked himself. Stupid~

“I am leaving!” I announced.

“Doo!” Junhyung ran out just as I was wearing my shoes.

I thought he was going to scream at me, but he did not look like it. He still had not realize what I was trying to say?

“You forgot this.” He said, handing me my hearing aid.

“Ouh. Thanks.” I smiled.

“You’re not going to put it on?” He asked.

“Later. In the car.” I said.

“Okay. Have fun. Drive safely.” He said.

“Jun,” I called out.

“What?” He looked at me.

“Nothing.” I smiled as I headed out.

***
“Where are you Doodoo ah?” Iseul called out as she answered my call.

“I am on my way. Where should I pick you?” I asked.

“Pick me? No need to. Just make your way to the restaurant. I’m already almost there.” She said.

“Almost there!? You said 7.30PM, didn’t you!?” I gasped, looking at the time.

It was only 6.45PM.

“Yes, yes! Relax, hahaha! Take your time. It’s fine.” She laughed.

“Alright, alright. I’ll be there soon.” I said.

“See you later, Doodoo~” She ended the call.

She sounded exceptionally happy. So am I~

When I arrived at the restaurant, I parked the car and stared at the hearing aid. Should I put it on? I contemplated for a while before getting out of the car, without it. Today, I want to listen to Iseul talk only.

Iseul waved to me when I stepped into the restaurant.

“I miss you, Doodoo ah! You lost weight!” She hugged me.

“Feed me then.” I smiled.

“Sit down!” She said excitedly as she pulled out the chair for me.

“Thanks. Did you wait long?” I asked.

“Nope.” She smiled.

“You look stunning.” I said, looking at her black dress.

“And you too~” She said, playing with my tie.

“Let’s order. I’m hungry.” I said.

“Sure! Take a look at the menu.” She handed the menu to me.

I was curious when I saw three set of cutleries set out when there is only two of us.

“Why is there… three?” I asked.

“You’ll see.” She grinned.

“Look at the menu first!” She gestured.

I nodded awkwardly.

Did she invite someone else? But why did she not let me know? Iseul usually is not like this. She would ask if I would mind if someone joins, but then again, Iseul never asks anyone to join us, with the exception of the boys at times. She always says that we have very little time to bond with each other, we cannot afford to share our time with a third person.

“Doodoo!” She shook my arm while I was looking at the menu.

“Hmm?” I turned to her.

She smiled and stood up.

“My boyfriend.” She smiled, gesturing in front.

I turned look. A tall, dashing guy stood in front of me. He was totally Iseul’s type. His hand extended with a slight bow. I had so much going through my head. Her boyfriend? She never told me she had a crush on anyone, or vice versa. How is it that she is attached out of a sudden? Why did she not give me any warning beforehand? What is this odd feeling in my chest? I cannot breathe. 

"Doo~" She shook me.

“Oh.” I only managed to choke out this lousy respond.

 “Yoon Doojoon.” I said softly, shaking his hand briefly.

“Darling, he’s my best-est friend.” Iseul said, linking her arm over mine.

“I heard a lot about you from Iseul. Initially I thought she was just fangirling, but who knows, it’s really you.” He said.

“Yea.” I smiled awkwardly.

How I wish the tiles below me would open up and swallow me in.

“Let’s order! Doodoo, have you made your choice? Or should I do it for you?” Iseul asked.

“You’ll do it then.” I handed the menu to her.

“Alright! Let’s see~ Everything on the menu for you!” She grinned.

I forced a laugh.

Throughout dinner, I poked my food, having no appetite whatsoever at all. I am so glad I did not put on my hearing aid. Like that, I could hear only Iseul’s voice clearly. I have no desire to hear how he sounds like.

“Doo!” Isuel shook me, startling me, causing me to drop my fork.

“Are you okay?” She asked, looking at me worriedly.

“I…” I muttered.

“Are you alright?” She asked again.

I nodded.

“I’ll get you another fork. Don’t bother.” She said when I bend down to pick up the fork I dropped.

“It’s okay, Iseul ah. I’m done.” I said.

“Done? But didn’t you say you’re hungry? You barely ate.” She said.

“I.. I’m not exactly feeling well.” I said.

“You’re unwell? Why didn’t you say?” She felt my forehead.

“I’m fine. Just tired, I guess.” I said, pushing her hand away.

“Do you need me to give you a checkup? You look pale.” Her boyfriend said.

“I’m fine.” I muttered.

“Let him help you. He’s a doctor. Tell him where hurts.” Iseul said.

Ahh~ So he is a doctor. One saves lives, another gives justice to the dead, what a perfect match.

“I’ll just go wash my face.” I said as I got up.

I tripped over my own feet, almost sending me falling flat onto the floor in this high-class restaurant. Her boyfriend caught me in time and steadied me.

“You okay?” He asked.

“Yes.” I mumbled as I made my way to the gents.

“Doo! I’ll go with you!” Iseul said, grabbing my arm.

“No need, Iseul ah. What are you doing? Trying to peep at my ?” I .

“Aye! What a thing to say!” She smacked me playfully.

“I’ll be okay. Don’t leave him alone. Go~” I said.

“Come back quick.” She said.

I nodded.

I hurried to the toilet and splashed my face with the cold water. I looked up at my horrible self in the mirror. Junhyung’s words are coming true. Now that she has a boyfriend, would I be able to sincerely wish her happiness?

Don’t they always say true love is when you can be happy for the other party even though the reason behind her smile is not you? As noble as that sounds, no one mentioned that it would hurt like crazy. But Iseul looks so happy with him, and they match so well with each other. What am I? I am nothing as compared to them. Yoon Doojoon, you’re nothing but her best friend. But Iseul, you're everything to me. You're my Vitamin I. What do I do without you? How do I live?

“Iseul ah~ I can’t. I can’t.” I ended up crying on the floor.

***
tumblrmh5353lbob1rga73p.gifWhen Iseul introduced her boyfriend to him

tumblrmlglgy3yub1qmd7bc.gifDoojoon throughout dinner

tumblrmk0yfzvlac1qed9kg.gif tumblrmk0yfzvlac1qed9kg.gifYoon Doojoon, you’re nothing but her best friend