Precious

Can you hear me?

Isuel's POV

"I want to..." He interrupted me before I could finish.

"No." Doojoon said.

"Huh?" I looked at him blankly.

"No, no." He said.

"Are you rejecting me?" I asked, trying to hold back my tears.

"Yes." He said.

I never knew being rejected would hurt so badly.

"Oh. O..okay." I muttered. My mind was in a state of confusion. I just wanted to disappear into thin air in that instance.

I stood up and turned to walk away, but another grabbed my hand. I turned to find Doojoon holding onto my hand. I stared at our hands, and then back at him.

"How could you steal my question? I should be the one asking it." He said.

I frowned, feeling pretty confused.

"Be my girlfriend, Iseul ah~" He said.

"I don't care if you love me out of pity or what. It doesn't matter. I cannot hide my feelings for you anymore. I tried to ignore it but it's not working. I know you don't need me, but I need you. It is very selfish of me, but... I..." He bit his lower lip.

I nodded and smiled at him.

"Is that a yes?" He asked.

I nodded, kissing him on his forehead.

He grabbed me by my waist and pulled me into his embrace.

"BUT WHY DID YOU HAVE TO REJECT ME JUST NOW!? I WAS SO SAD!!" I yelled at him, punching his chest when I remembered what he just did just now.

He laughed and grabbed onto my hands.

"How can you punch me the moment we are a couple?" He asked.

"WHY NOT!? I TAKE BACK MY WORDS!" I said, pushing myself off his chest.

"What!? Is this a breakup!?" He asked, sounding shock.

"YES!" I yelled, carrying Eun away.

"Come backkkkkk!!!" He yelled.

"NO! DON'T TOUCH MY BABY!" I smacked his hand when he tried to touch Eun.

He pouted, causing Eun to laugh.

"Are you laughing at me!?" Doojoon's eyes widened.

Eun laughed like it was the funniest expression she ever saw.

"Is it funny?" He asked, pinching her nose lightly. She giggled and grabbed his hand.

"You are like a clown to her. That's why she is laughing." I said.

"It's okay. I'm a clown for the both of you." He said, hugging us.

"Who said you could hug us?" I asked.

"You sure you want to push away?" He asked, gesturing me to look at Eun.

She had her head rested against his chest, her tiny palms clutching tightly onto the neck of his shirt, looking really cute and comfortable. Of course I would never bear to break that. I handed Eun to him. She looked so happy in his arms, and he looked really happy holding her too.

“I love you.” He said, kissing me on my forehead.

“Already?” I asked.

“Have always.” He smiled.

I rested my head against his chest, only to have Eun push me away. Jealous baby~

***
“Doo, aren’t you coming?” I whispered as I headed into Eun’s room.

He was leaning against her cot, smiling as he watch her sleep.

“Come on~” I said, tugging onto his arm.

“But Eun~” He pouted.

“Eun is asleep. Doo needs to sleep now.” I said, pulling him into my room.

“You may want to change.” I said, handing him clothes.

“You have my clothes?” He asked, looking surprised.

“Why not?” I asked.

He shrugged his shoulders and got change before crawling into bed with me.

“What?” I asked when he looked at me shyly.

“It feels weird.” He said.

“Why is it weird? Have we never slept together before?” I asked.

“We sure did countless times, but this time, the identity is different.” He said.

“Well, then you got to get use to it.” I said, kissing him on his cheek.

“You had a rough night. Sleep well.” I said as I tucked him into bed.

“If all the rough nights were to end like this, I would never mind.” He said, closing his eyes.

“What? Do you mean you want to switch girlfriends all the time?” I .

“Don’t twist my words.” He chuckled.

I laughed and rest against his chest.

“Eun will be jealous.” He said, putting his arm around me, pulling me closer to him.

“Shhh~ Then don’t tell her.” I said.

“Okay.” He said.

We enjoyed the silence until he spoke.

“Forgive me if I don’t do a good job.” He said.

“Do a good job for what?” I asked.

“Being your boyfriend.” He said.

“Why so unconfident of yourself?” I asked.

“I…” He muttered.

“It’s my first time dating my best friend too, so if I don’t do a good job, forgive me and give me chances.” I said.

He laughed and messed my hair lightly.

“Sleep.” I said.

“DAMN!” He sat up suddenly.

“What is it?!” I the sidelight, looking at him in confusion.

“I forgot to tell the boys I wouldn’t be coming back! They would be so worried!” He said, getting out of bed perhaps to grab his phone.

I grabbed onto his hand and pulled him back.

“Silly, I’ve already told them. Now, calm down.” I said.

“You told them already? Were they worried?” He asked.

“No.” I laughed.

“Really?” He asked, looking disappointed.

“Just kidding! They were so worried they almost called the police. It’s Yoon Doojoon we’re talking about. He’s our precious baby. Of course we’ll worry if he goes missing.” I said, pushing him to lie back down.

“I’m not a baby.” He pouted.

“I’m sure~” I smacked his chest lightly.

He wanted to say something else but I covered his mouth. If I let him continue talking, he will never stop.

I knew he was not asleep yet, but neither was I. In one night, everything changed. Will the coming days be better? Was this a correct choice?

“I’m not precious, Iseul ah~” He said suddenly.

“I’m nothing.” He said with a sigh.

I pretended to be asleep, not answering him. But I snuggled closer to him, hugging him tighter. He fell asleep eventually, but his words kept me up.

I the sidelight but turn it away so it would not be shining in his face. I caressed his cheek, watching him sleep. I touched his ear and removed his hearing aid for him.

“Silly thing, you’re very precious to everyone, especially me.” I said into his ear despite knowing he could not hear me.

I kissed him on his ear before falling asleep against his chest, listening to the calm rhythm of his heartbeat. 

***
1fd0cfbf.gifIseul: WHY NOT!? I TAKE BACK MY WORDS!

kjq.gifIseul: NO! DON'T TOUCH MY BABY!

tumblrmjvpk1c19o1qi21mn.gifIseul: It’s my first time dating my best friend too, so if I don’t do a good job, forgive me and give me chances.