Here, but not

Can you hear me?

Iseul’s POV

It has been a week since I last met Doojoon after he left my place. The boys were the ones who informed me he was back at the dorm that day. Only with their confirmation was I able to be at peace. I stopped calling him after a few days of trying. I guess he wanted to calm down.

I called the boys instead to check on him. After calling them a few times, they perhaps got annoyed by my calls and decided the only way to shut me up was to update me about him without having me to ask them first via text.

I glanced over at my phone when I heard it rang. It was Junhyung calling. I dropped whatever I was doing and hurried to answer it.

“Junhyung? Is Doojoon okay!?” I asked even before he could say anything.

“Doojoon.. He..” His voice trailed off.

“What happened to him!?” I was starting to pack my stuff, ready to leave.

“He is not in a good state…” He muttered.

“Is he sick!? Or did he injured himself!? What the happened!? Where are you!? I’m coming!” I yelled as I shoved my stuff into my bag.

I was running out when he started laughing.

“Ouch! !” I cursed when my hip hit the edge of the table.

“What happened!?” He asked.

“I hit the table. Why are you laughing?” I asked.

“Are you okay?” He asked.

“Why are you laughing?” I asked again.

“Because the both of you are funny.” He said, still giggling.

“Do you think this is funny!? How old are you!? you, Yong Junhyung!” I shouted in anger.

I should be relieved that this was just a stupid joke Junhyung decided was appropriate to play on me, but I was so angry.

“Yes, I think it’s funny. I’m 25 this year according to Korean age. And ahh, you want to me? Get in the line!” He laughed.

“Bloody… hell.” I rolled my eyes, unable to get really angry at him.

“The both of you obviously care for each other. I have no idea why you’re having this ridiculous cold war.” He said.

“It’s not me…” I mumbled.

“Then can’t you come humor him? He has done it for you so many times. Can’t you let that man throw a little bit of tantrum? Be childish once in awhile or something like that?” He asked.

“I want to humor him, but would he let me?” I sighed.

“Gosh, Iseul, you sure have no idea how to make use of your resources well.” He said.

“What resources? Doo is not interested in my s or .” I said bluntly.

“WHAT!?” He yelled.

I laughed at his response.

“I was not talking about that!” He said hurriedly.

“Then about what?” I asked.

“Go think about it! And, for goodness sake, you’re a girl! How can you speak like that?” He asked.

“I only speak like that to you guys because we’re close.” I said.

“We’re close?” He asked with a hint of happiness in his voice.

“Yea. Or else would I even consider getting in line to you?” I .

“YAH! ISEUL! STOP IT! GOSH!” He yelled, and then ended the call, perhaps in embarrassment.

I could not stop laughing.

What did Junhyung mean when he said to make use of my resources well? What resources was he referring to?

Doojoon’s POV

“Hyung…” Dongwoon poked my arm.

I glared at him.

“Hyung… Please don’t be angry.” He said.

“GET LOST! DON’T COME NEAR ME! I HATE ALL OF YOU!” I shouted at them.

Dongwoon turned to the rest of the boys who were looking from behind.

“Hyung….” He pouted.

“I hate all of you.” I said.

“No, you don’t.” Junhyung said, coming to sit next to me.

“I hate you the most!” I pushed him away.

He almost fell off the seat if not for me who caught him in time.

“You still love me.” He grinned.

I pushed him, causing him to fall flat on his .

“WAS THAT NECESSARY!?” He shouted at me.

I rolled my eyes and looked away.

“Come on, don’t be angry already.” I think that was what Yoseob said.

I could not exactly hear properly with one ear. His voice was a little distant and muffled. Recently, I have been teaching myself how to lip read, but it was not easy trying to catch up. It gave me frequent headaches when I tried to concentrate, but if I had to try.

I turned to glare at him. He pouted and hid behind Junhyung.

“I don’t understand why you’re so angry. You obviously still care for her. This cold war is ridiculous. You know you may be physically ignoring her, but your heart is over at her place.” Junhyung said.

I hated how he always spoke so honestly, hitting me with words so sharp like knives. However, I was also thankful for the fact he does not sugarcoat his words.

“But there was no need to do that!” I yelled.

/FLASHBACK

“Hello?” Kikwang answered his call.

“Who is.. Oh.. Iseul? What? Don’t cry. Calm down. Talk to me.” He sounded worried.

I looked up at the sound of Iseul’s name. Kikwang was staring at me with a worried look on his face.

“I can’t hear you, Iseul. What’s going on? What? Who is hurt? Are you hurt?” He asked.

“What is going on?” I asked, hurrying to his side.

“I don’t know. Iseul is on the line and she’s crying.” He said.

“Let me talk to her.” I said, wanting to take the phone from him but he did not allow it.

“Let me talk to her!” I raised my voice.

Why was Iseul crying? Did that jerk hit her? Or did something happened to Eun?  Why did she not call me instead? That stupid girl~

“Iseul? Stop crying.” Kikwang said, backing away from me.

“Give me the phone!” I yelled, trying to snatch the phone from him.

Why wouldn’t he let me talk to her? What the hell is wrong with him?

“No… She called me!” Kikwang hogged onto the phone.

“What the hell is wrong with you!? Give me the ing phone! Iseul!!!” I yelled.

I grabbed his hand and snatched the phone from him despite him screaming.

“Hello?! Iseul!?” I called out, only to be responded by an abrupt ending of the call.

I wanted to call back, but found something more interesting instead. The last answered call on Kikwang’s phone was Junhyung.

“Why did Junhyung call you?” I asked, glaring at Kikwang who had his back plastered to the wall.

“Hyung…” He smiled awkwardly.

“You tricked me?” I asked.

“It’s not… AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!” He screamed when I grabbed his neck.

“HOW DARE YOU!?” I shouted.

The door opened, revealing the other boys who looked shocked that I was strangling Kikwang.

“Let go of him, you crazy man! Strangle me! It was my idea!” Junhyung shouted as he pulled me away from Kikwang.

I was about to raise my fist to punch him when he said something.

“Yea! Punch me! But you cannot deny the fact that you ing still care about Iseul! After you punch me, cut out this stupid ridiculous crap and just go back to her because I know you’re dying to do so!” He yelled.

My fist stopped midair. He squeezed his eyes shut, waiting to be punched.

“Do you think it's fun to toy with someone's emotions like that?" I asked

"I hate all of you.” I muttered, and then walked out of the room.

/END OF FLASHBACK

“We were not trying to scare you or anything, we were just trying to let you realize that you still love and care for Iseul very much. So why are you torturing yourself like that?” Kikwang asked.

“My job is done. I’m not needed anymore.” I said quietly.

“Doo, a friend’s job is never done.” Junhyung said, patting my back.

I looked at him. But Junhyung, do you not get it? I do not want to just be friends with Iseul.

“You’re almost there, Doo. How can you let the return of that jerk push you down again?” He asked.

“Almost there? More like never was there.” I mumbled.

He was about to say something when the doorbell rang.

“I’ll get it.” Hyunseung said.

He opened the door, and then turned back to us, looking shocked.

“Doo, you got to come see this.” He said, looking serious.

“I swear I’ll break all of your necks if this is another prank.” I grumbled as I headed towards the door.

My jaw dropped when I saw what he asked me to see.

Outside our door, Eun, wrapped in her bunny blanket, was placed in a basket. On the basket, there was a note; It hurt when I fell from heaven. Would you hold me until I am okay again? Pwetty pwease~ >.<

I laughed and rolled my eyes at Iseul’s stupid attempt. I picked Eun up in my arms. I almost died when she smiled at me.

“I miss you, princess.” I rubbed my nose against hers, earning soft chuckles from her.

“Do you not miss me?” A familiar voice said.

I looked up to find Iseul pouting at me. I caught her wink at someone behind me. I turned and Junhyung stared at me with wide eyes.

“What?” He asked.

“Are all of you in this together!?” I yelled.

“NO!” Iseul shouted.

“Come on, Doo, stop thinking everyone is out to prank you. You’re not that worth it after all.” Junhyung smirked.

“WHAT!?” I was about to hit him when Eun let out a loud wail.

“Sorry, princess. Did we scare you?” I quickly hushed her.

“She misses you.” Iseul said.

“Me too.” I tapped Eun’s nose lightly. She wiggled her nose cutely and let out a chuckle.

“And I miss you too, Doo.” Iseul said.

I looked up at her. She bit her lower lip and looked away.

“I miss you very, very much.” She said.

Although she was standing in front of me, she sounded so far away, like she is here, but not. Just like our relationship, she is here, but not mine. 

***
tumblrmk77g6snhi1r7mqq6.gifDoojoon: Do you think it's fun to toy with someone's emotions like that? 

tumblrmk77g6snhi1r7mqq6.gifDoojoon: I hate all of you.

tumblrmn4kg999f41r7mqq6.gifDoojoon: Just like our relationship, she is here, but not mine.