Where are you?

Can you hear me?

Iseul's POV

Doojoon still continued to come often to my place for Eun, but nowadays when he sees me, it is not anger anymore, but more of embarrassment. It was like he was afraid I would tackle him to the floor and do something weird to him. I know I should not have kissed him that day, but I honestly do not regret it. Although it would have been a better kiss if he was not against it, but what more could I ask? I am really glad he is not cold towards me anymore.

"Eun~~" I picked the baby girl up in my arms.

She grinned at me and rubbed her face against my chest.

"Where's your Doodoo? Shouldn't he be here already?" I asked as I carried her to the window.

We sat near the window where I explained what was outside to her as we waited for Doojoon's arrival.

"Baby, don't do that. Birdy will get scared." I said when she kept smacking the window and screaming at the birds.

But really, birds these days are not as afraid of humans anymore.

I smiled to myself as I watch Eun entertain herself. She may be an accident, but she is a beautiful one. I cannot seem to imagine life without Eun anymore. She is more than just my daughter. Eun, you have no idea how much your presence mean to me.

"Those are day stars, sweetheart." I said when I saw her trying to catch the dust in the air.

"Who says we can't have stars in the day? We do. Just not everyone sees it." I said, stretching out my palm as well.

"It's the same in life. Just because people don't see the goodness in you does not mean you aren't good. Everyone is a star. Everyone shines." I said.

"And you, my darling, is the brightest star in my life." I said, snuggling my face into her neck, causing laughter from her.

"If I put Doodoo and family on the same line as you, will you be jealous?" I asked.

She looked at me with pouted lips.

"How about just Doo?" I asked.

She smiled and rested against my chest.

"Do you even know what I am saying or are you just smiling because of Doo?" I laughed.

I have no idea how long we sat by the window, but the day stars were slowly turning into night stars and still no sight of Doo.

Eun was being patient, not whining or crying, but I was getting impatient and worried.

"Maybe I should call him." I said, picking up my phone.

Eun was trying to take the phone away from me when I was trying to call him.

"What's wrong, princess?" I asked, holding the phone away.

She frowned at me.

"You don't want me to call Doodoo? Are you afraid that he is busy and we would be disturbing him? But he should be here already, and he isn't. Don't you miss him?" I asked her.

She spoke to me in her baby language. I smiled and nodded, assuming that she meant that she does not want me to be disturbing Doodoo.

“Alright, alright. But I could certainly sent him a text, right?” I asked her.

She did not seem to be against it, so I pulled out my phone and sent him a text.

‘Are you okay? Will you be coming today?’ I texted him.

I let Eun entertain herself crawling around the house while I did my own work. She crawled to me after awhile, trying to climb up onto the sofa.

“Aigoo, you little puppy~ What’s wrong? Tired already?” I asked, carrying her up.

She pouted sadly at me.

“Missing Doo?” I asked.

“Should I call him?” I asked, bouncing her on my lap.

She chuckled and grabbed tightly onto me, as though afraid I would drop her.

“I’ll call him, okay?” I said as I picked up my phone.

“Why is he not answering?” I muttered to myself as I called him on the phone again.

Eun was looking at me, blinking her huge eyes in anticipation.

“He’s not answering.” I said to her.

I put the phone down and looked at her. She stuck out her lower lip, obviously upset.

“Maybe he’s really busy?” I asked, poking her lower lip lightly.

She started crying.

“Shhhh~” I rocked her gently, in hope to hush her.

“Don’t cry, sweetheart. Doo will be hurt if he knows you cried because of him.” I said, kissing her tears away.

As I was busy with her, I felt my phone vibrate. I was ready to ignore the call when I saw Doojoon’s name flash on the screen.

“Shhh~ Shhh~ Baby, it’s Doo.” I said, showing her the phone.

She stopped crying, but was still sniffing.

“Hello? Doo? Where are you?” I asked.

There was no sound on the other line.

“Doojoon?” I called out again.

I heard fast-paced panting over the phone.

“Doojoon? Is that you?” I called out again.

“Iseul,” He finally spoke, but he sounded so breathless.

“Doojoon! What’s wrong? Where are you? Why do you sound so breathless?” I asked.

“Iseul, where are you? Help me. Please. Where are you?” He sounded really desperate, as though he was about to cry.

“Doo, where are you?” I asked, putting Eun down into her playpen.

“I am scared, Iseul. I.... NO! GET AWAY FROM ME!!!” I heard him shout.

“DOOJOON!” I yelled.

Then the line went dead.