Promises

You're Still The One

Kim’s mom and Gerald’s parents bought them a duplex home near their university where the boys resided on one side while Mel, Shaina, Joyce and Kim occupy the other side. Although he keeps his things in his room, Gerald had never actually spent a single night in his own room. Kim’s protests went unnoticed as Gerald managed to sneak his way into her bed one way or another.

He stood by the kitchen door watching her lovely girlfriend singing and dancing while making their breakfast, unaware of his adoring eyes. He smiled to himself. He is greeted by such wonderful sight almost everyday and yet, she still manages to mesmerize him, looking so fresh, vibrant and happily lost in her own little world. He snuck up behind her and wrapped his arms around her tiny waist.

Gerald: Hmmm… The food smells so good. I know they are all delicious but you my baby girl taste even better!

He started kissing her neck which made her giggle with delight.

Kim: Babe! Kain muna tayo.

Gerald: Exactly what I’m doing baby…

He continued to nibble on her shoulders.

Kim: I mean, real food! Real breakfast na pinaghirapan ko lutuin!

She was laughing as she tried to push him off her but instead, he turned her around and kissed her lips tenderly.

Gerald: Why do I always give in to your demands?

“Because you love me!”, she beamed as she brought her lips closer to his, teasing his lips by barely touching them with her semi-parted lips.

“The things I do for love!” He couldn’t take it anymore. He pulled her closer which made her lips touch his and she melted in his arms.

Joyce: Hey lovebirds, you have a room for a reason!

Kim blushed and rested her head on Gerald’s shoulder, giggling. As soon as their lips parted, Gerald was missing her lips already and all he could think of was how much he wanted more. There was mischief in his smile as he acknowledged the presence of Shaina and Joyce in the room. “You mean, to do this?” He expertly dipped the surprised Kim and savoured her lips once more.

“ Gerald Anderson!” Kim stomped her foot acting all annoyed once she managed to catch her breath.

Gerald: Yes baby? My one and only love in the whole wide world?

Kim: Don’t you ‘yes baby’ me!

Gerald: Before I get in trouble, baby just remember how much you love it when I kiss you!
Gerald wrapped his arms around her waist from behind.

Shaina: Now how can you fault that? You said so yourself Kimmy, he’s a great kisser.

Kim: How unfair! I made you guys breakfast and you gang up on me?

Gerald: You know we all love you baby. You are so cute when you’re irritated!

Kim: Ikaw, kanina ka pa! Pasalamat ka you’re an amazing kisser!

Joyce: Hoy mamaya na yang LQ ninyo, let’s eat I’m starving.

***********************************************************

As it was their last day of school holidays, the whole group decided to have a dinner party. The boys volunteered to prepare the entire dinner while the girls spent their afternoon at the spa for a last minute pampering session before school starts.

The girls were very impressed with what the guys had prepared. The food was great and dinner was filled with jokes, laughter and occasional whining about the upcoming workload. “Come with me”, Gerald whispered to Kim who was sitting on his lap, while everyone was preoccupied with the movie.

“Where to?” Kim whispered back, excited to know if Gerald has something else planned for their evening.

He grabbed her hand and excitedly led her to the rooftop. “Wow! Amazing!” She was lost for words. She could not believe the beautiful sight right before her eyes. There was a gazebo and a two-seater swing in the middle of a garden filled with roses, tulips, daisies and lilies and decorated with colorful lights.

Kim: How come I didn’t know about this place?

Gerald: I’m the only one who has a key to the rooftop. You like it babe?

Kim: I absolutely adore this place! It’s like our very own paradise right above our ceiling!

Gerald: I planted all these flowers for you baby. Well okay, I hired a gardener to help me and these plants were already budding when I got them but I still did a lot of work with the design and the lights. I thought since we really loved that secret place we had back home, we need one here too.

Kim grabbed him by the neck and ravaged his lips, determined to please him with every of her tongue.

“Have I mentioned how I love the way you show your gratitude?” Gerald had a huge grin on his face, still in a daze after that fiery kiss.

Kim was smiling too, caressing his cheek as she looked in his eyes. “How did I get so lucky?”

Gerald: Stick with me babe and it will just keep getting better!

Kim: Gotta hand it to you babe! I never once have suspected that you have been living a double life as a gardener these past months. Have I told you what an incredible boyfriend you are?

Gerald: You have but I love hearing you say it. I love pleasing my woman in every way possible!

Kim ran to the swing and Gerald sat beside her. He guided her head to rest on his chest, one hand wrapped around her waist while the other reached for her hand.

Kim: The stars are not as bright as they are in the countryside but still beautiful nonetheless.

Gerald was not paying attention at the night sky at all. His eyes were glued on how gorgeous Kim’s face look illuminated by the gentle soft glow that surrounded them. “You are so breathtakingly beautiful baby!”

Kim: Sos, nambola ka na naman. The effort you’ve put into this lovely garden had already earned you a ticket to get lucky babe so hindi mo na kailangan pang mambola.

“No, I mean it. You are so beautiful both inside and out and I don’t want to lose you again babe.” He had a very serious face which made Kim nervous. “Whenever you get upset with me or with what you have heard about me, iniiwan mo ako. I’m afraid that it will happen again. I really don’t want to go through another year without you babe.”

Kim: Well then you better behave! (She pinched his cheeks and smiled to lighten up his mood but he kept a serious face.)

Gerald: Tomorrow when we get to uni, you will most likely hear things. Things that are absolutely untrue. Things that are just pigments of some girl’s wild imagination. Before you react at the first gossip you hear about me, just know that even though we were not together last year, I remained true and faithful to you. I never showed any interest to any other girl. I was Alison’s and that was the only time na nagkasama kami despite what exaggerated stories she might spread. You’ll see none of their stories really make much sense. And you know, if it doesn’t make sense chances are they are fabricated, exaggerated, hallucinated so I’d really like you to trust me babe.

Kim: Ge, we’ve talked about this. We’re okay, really. Even if something happened while we were broken up I’m okay with that as long as I’m the only one that you’re with now.

Gerald: It had always just been you babe, and always will be.

Kim: Well then, there’s nothing to be worried about. Smile ka na baby ko, okay? You look a lot more adorable with your gorgeous smile.

Gerald: I’m determined to make us work babe. I don’t want you to go through unnecessary pain. I want you to promise me. Promise me that whenever you hear some gossip that concerns you or me, you will talk to me first. I promise, you will hear the truth from me everytime.

Kim: Okay, if it helps to wipe that serious look off your face, I promise. And while we’re at it, let’s make a promise that if ever we get to a point that we get sick of each other or we are thinking of seeing someone new, we will tell each other first before making any moves. That way we won’t end up cheating.

Gerald: That’s never gonna happen babe. I could never get sick of you and I’ll make sure that you will only want me more and more as each day passes.

Kim: I didn’t hear your promise.

Gerald held her chin and kissed her lips with much desire. “Now how can I ever get sick of this beautiful face?”, he whispered while caressing her cheeks. Any man would have to be completely out of their mind not to want to taste your delicious strawberry lips everyday for the rest of his life. It’s never gonna happen but I do promise to tell you everything babe. I want your complete trust.”

Kim: Okay now that you’ve got that out of your system, can we get on with the good stuff now?

Gerald: Kimmy naman eh. This is important! You’re not taking this seriously!

Kim could not help but laugh. He looked so adorable whining like a little child. “Oh babe! I am, I swear. I know I’m giggling right now but I do agree with everything that you just said. Ang cute mo kasi when you’re trying to be serious.”

Gerald looked away acting all irritated. “You are so not helping with my ego right now.”

Kim wrapped her arms around his abs. “I know a trick or two that can boost your bruised ego.”

He tried to hold it but there was no stopping his lips from curving upwards and his speeding heartbeat made him want to jump in excitement. (“Damn this woman! She got me again!”) He thought about playing hard to get before letting lust take over completely but we was defeated the minute he felt her hands started teasing her body and her tongue nibbling on his sensitive neck. He shivered to her touch which brought a somewhat ticklish delight, awakening all his senses.

“I sure do hope that we have the same thing in mine baby because it will take a lot to stop me!”

He turned around and lifted her into his lap before seeking out her lips to show how much he wanted all of her. They shared a passionate kiss as they started stripping each other’s clothing off until they were down to bare essentials. Kim arched her back, in extreme pleasure as Gerald feasted on her body. It didn’t take long before she was riding him, both moving in rhythm along with the swing, screaming each other’s names as they reached that little piece of heaven.