Chapter 24

You're Still The One

Kim, Matteo and Fred were on the dance floor when suddenly she felt someone’s hands covering her eyes. His scent was so familiar, she didn’t need to hear him say a word to guess that it was Enchong.

Kim: You know there’s only one other guy I know that wears a perfume as cheap as what you have on now. This friend of mine called Enchong! (laughed)

Enchong: Wow! Alam na alam talaga ah. Hoy, since when did Gucci Rush for men became cheap?

Kim: Ah sorry, the smell is more like for women kasi eh, ang perfume yata ng kalaguyo mo ang na-aamoy ko. Hehehe… How are you E? Sinong kasama mo tonight?

Enchong: Been a little down since Friday but a lot better now that I get to see your gorgeous smile. Si Joel lang kasama ko I wanted to get out kasi just to take my mind off things.

Kim: I know you probably want to forget about your problems for tonight pero if you ever want to talk, I’m right here ok? You’ve been there for you me when I had problems and I’m very grateful for that.

Enchong: Thanks Kim. I’ll take you up on that offer pero later na lang. I just wanna dance and have a good time for now.

Kim: Well, that we can arrange. Join us. You know naman makukulit tong mga kasama ko, they definitely know how to have a good time!

They continued to dance for a while then decided to get some drinks.

Matteo: Kimmy, you look different today!

Kim: Different? How? Nag-run ba yung mascara ko? Is there something on my face? Do I look drunk na? Hindi pa naman ako lasing ah.

Matteo: Don’t panic, I didn’t mean different in a bad way. Ang saya mo kasi, you have this radiant glow as if you’re in love.

Kim: Radiant glow talaga ha? It’s the alcohol, namumula na siguro ako sa ini-inom ko.

Matteo: Why did you choke on your drink when I mentioned the word love huh? Sobrang giddy mo tonight, tili ka pa ng tili while dancing. In love ka yata eh.

Kim: Siguro!

Enchong: What? In love ka nga! With who?

Kim: Sorry boys, but I don’t kiss and tell.

Matteo: At nagkahalikan na talaga! That means it’s not one of us here in the table. Non of us here have that “I’ve just been kissed look”. Do we know this guy?

Kim: Mel, Joyce, Shaina! Over here!

Matt: Nice save.

Mel: Hey everyone! Aga ninyo ah I thought we were meeting at 9pm.

Matteo: I got so bored at home kasi kaya I decided to pick up the boys and head here early. Sumama na rin si Kim.

Shaina: Hi Enchong nandito ka pala.

Enchong: Hi girls, na miss ko kayo. I’ll get you girls some drinks.

Shaina: Sounds great samahan na lang kita sa bar.

Mel: Kim, halika muna dito. (whispered) Where’s Gerald? Bakit si Enchong kasama mo?

Kim: He’s coming soon. Medyo late lang because he had to take his parents to the airport.

Mel: Does he know that Enchong’s here? Baka magtampo yun.

Kim: Wala namang masama if Enchong joins us. Friends naman kami. Besides, hindi naman seloso si Gerald eh.

Mel: If you say so. Wow! Daming drinks. Thanks Enchong! (whispered to Kim) In fairness, he’s not stingy on drinks! Since you don’t want him, sa akin na lang kaya. Hehehe..

Kim: (laughed) He’s all yours honey!

After a few more rounds of drinks, everyone started to get a little tipsy. They all hit the dance floor and had a great time. As Mel was a little tipsy, she almost fell and was luckily caught by a curly-haired guy. “Are you okay?”, he uttered while staring at her, mesmerized by her beauty.

Mel: Yes, I’m fine. Sorry ha, medyo tipsy lang kasi ako eh. I’ll try to stay out of your way. Sorry again.

Matt: Wait! I’m Matt. (extending his hand for a handshake)

Mel: Nice to meet you. I’m Mel. (shaked his hand)

Matt: Wow magkatugma ang names natin ha, like we’re meant to be.

Mel: (murmured) Ew, weirdo!

Matt: What was that?

Mel: Nothing. My friend is calling me so I gotta go dance with her.

Matt: I’ll come with you.

Mel: You don’t have to, really. Stay with your friends.

Matt: You are so gorgeous! I’d really like to know you better. Please dance with me. Kahit once lang?

Mel: Okay, but after the dance, you leave me alone ok?

Kim: Shaina, check out Mel. She picked up! (laughed)

Shaina: (shouted loud enough for Mel to hear) Yeah!! You go girlfriend!

Kim: (shouted) You can do it put your back into it!

Mel glared at her friends.

Kim: Oh my god! Did she just give me a greasy?

Shaina: Uh-oh! She looks mad.

Matt: Mel, looks like your friends are in favour of me.

Mel: Ew…Hindi, mga lasing lang yan. You know naman, the more you drink, the better looking the person gets. Hay salamat tapos na ang song. I’ll see you around! Bye!

Mel started walking towards her friends but stopped when she noticed Matt right behind her.

Mel: Are you stalking me?

Matt: Ikaw naman, I just want to introduce myself to your friends. They’re waving at us, how rude naman of me not to say hello.

Mel: Bahala ka sa buhay mo!

Kim: Hello there, lovebirds!

Mel: Hali ka nga muna dito, I need your help friend. Wa’g kang pa-smile dyan, don’t encourage that freak. Hindi ko sya type!

Kim: I thought you like him. Why are you dancing with him kung ayaw mo sya?

Mel: Hello! Like as if it’s not obvious enough, I’m a lilttle intoxicated! I’m not thinking straight. He was ok at first until he opened his mouth!

Kim: You KISSED?!

Mel: Gaga! Of course not! Ang weird lang nya magsalita at sunod pa ng sunod. Bwisit!

Kim: Hehe.. You should see your face! This is so much fun.

Mel: I am so disowning you as my bestfriend.

Kim: Eh kasi parang enjoy ka at the same time kahit naiinis ka. Hey, he’s coming over. Admit it Mel, he worships you and like it! Hehe..

Matt: Ang ganda mo talaga Mel. You’re like Princess Leah and I’m your Han Solo.

Mel: See what I mean? Friend, awatin mo ako, sasakalin ko na talaga to.

Kim still couldn’t stop her laughter.

Mel: (turned to Matt) I’m glad you like science fiction sugar cause you’ll never get a date on this planet!

Matt: I feel so blessed to be meeting the woman of my dreams tonight. Maganda na, y and with a great sense of humour pa!

Mel: Kimmy, tumigil ka dyan sa katatawa mo, I can fit two dead bodies in the boot of my car you know.

Kim: Sorry Matt pero may bad news. The woman of your dreams turned out to be a lesbian. She’s actually my lover. Come here honey!

Kim hugged Mel and they started showing some y moves together while dancing. This turned out to be a bad idea as all the guys around them ended up enjoying what they saw.

Matt: Thank you heavens! I feel like all my birthdays came at once! Prospect to score with two hot dream babes!!

Kim and Mel: Ew! Ew! Ew!

Kim: Ok, I completely retract that statement. Just for the record, I love men okay?

Gerald: Exactly how many of us men do you love??

Kim: (startled) Gerald!