Chapter 34

You're Still The One

Kim didn’t hear from Gerald the whole weekend. She was hurt by his lack of trust but at the same time, she was more hurt not having him around. She was missing him so badly. Since they got back together, not a day went pass without hearing from him or seeing his smile. She wanted to stay upset but she couldn’t fool herself. She needed him, wanted him badly. Every time her phone beeps her heart skips a beat thinking and hoping it could be Gerald. She was hurting everytime she checks her messages realizing that the message was from someone else. “Ugh! I can’t take this anymore!” She grabbed her keys and got on her car.

Kim: Good evening po yaya Claire. Is Gerald home?

Claire: Hi Kimmy. Andun puntahan mo na lang sa kwarto nya. Ewan ko anong nangyari dun buong araw nagmukmok sa room nya. I think ganun din yata yan kahapon eh. Matutuwa yun when he sees you. Hindi pa nga yan kumain buong araw, alagaan mo yan iha baka magkasakit si babe mo.

Kim: (blushed) Thanks yaya. I’ll go see him.

She knocked gently but didn’t get a response. She turned the knob open and saw him sound asleep. Kim sat down beside him on his bed, caressing his forehead and running her fingers through his hair. “Gerald?” He moved to change positions so that his back was facing her but she realized that he was still deep in his sleep. “I’ve missed you. I miss being next to you.” She hopped on the bed and laid down beside him. After a couple of minutes she couldn’t help herself and she placed her arms around his waist, hugging him from behind. She held on to him tight. Gerald knew then that he was way too weak and this girl had got him good. He temporarily put aside any issues. He just really wanted to hold her. He never had the will to resist her, he couldn’t pretend any longer. He didn’t care that she could see the tears on his eyes. He turned around and hugged her back. Kim was about to say something but decided to remain silent when he started weeping, holding on to her tightly.

Kim: Ge, I don’t like feeling this way. I don’t like not having you around or knowing that you’re upset with me. I couldn’t get anything done. I just keep finding myself thinking about you, missing you.

Gerald: I know. This . It’s hard to imagine my life without you.

Kim: I hope you’re not considering leaving me because you think I cheated on you. I love you and I would never do anything to mess up what we have. I can’t even go through a couple of days without hearing from you. I thought you trusted me enough that there’s no need for me to explain Nick’s comments. I thought wrong. I couldn’t enjoy watching you being held by another woman at the photoshoot and after someone mentioned that she was your ex, I decided to leave. I admit, I got depressed, upset to see you with your ex so i went to a café to ponder. That guy, Nick, started pestering me, he just wouldn’t take no for an answer. Matteo came just in time to help me get rid of him and we pretended that he was my boyfriend para umalis na sya. That was the reason why he pointed Matteo out.

Gerald: You disappeared for quite a while tapos you came back to the cottage with Matteo.

Kim: I wanted to go someplace quiet, I wanted sometime to myself, para makapag-emote ng todo. Matteo offered to come along para safe in case a guy like Nick would come along again, he was cautious. Baka daw anong mangyari if I go somewhere by myself. The whole time we were talking about you, about us. I do that with Matteo sometimes. I like talking to him when it comes to matters involving you kasi he offers a guys’s perspective on things. Hindi yung puro negative lang. If you only knew how much has Matteo had contributed to get us closer.

Gerald: I know. I know I owe him a lot. I’m so sorry for being jealous babe. I succumbed to my heartbreak without even finding out the full story. I’m sorry too that I didn’t say anything about Heather. I guess because she was nobody special to me, we just used to hook up when we meet up at parties. That was all. She’s 5 years older than me. At that time I got excited at the thought of hooking up with someone daring, someone who could teach me a lot. None of the girls I’ve been with means a thing to me. You’re the only one who ever had my heart babe. Wala kang dapat ipagselos about women in my past.

Kim: Insecure lang ako minsan kasi ang daming beautiful girls dyan and sobrang y pa. I’m scared na once nagsawa ka na sa akin ang dami mong pwedeng pagpilian. We both are still so young and people our age want to be open to all options. Ang daming mas y and prettier than me. In fact your exs are all hot, mahilig ka talaga sa magaganda. There’s no guarantee that you won’t move on to the next chick in line once you get what you want from me.

Gerald: Babe, I’m happiest when I’m with you. I’ve never been this elated before. Even if I get a chance to be with so many hot women at once, it won’t amount to the happiness I get being with just that one woman that I’m so deeply in love with. Not even close. Yeah there are great looking, y women out there that have shown interest in me but I’m looking for that someone that I want to be with for more than just one night. I don’t get that connection with them like I have with you. You and I can laugh at anything and everything. Nobody gets me like you do. Like you, my day isn’t complete without you. I’m craving for you twenty four-seven. Adik na ako sa’yo eh. There’s no reason to be insecure because baby, you’re everything I have ever wanted and more. You’re beautiful, y, intelligent, fun and I love your personality. I love your looks but what I treasure most is your personality, your heart. For me, no one can ever equate to all your qualities Kim. I love you so much I would never get sick of being with you. I already got what I want from you. Your love. And I’m not planning to move on to the next chick. Some people spend half their lifetime looking for that someone extra special to complete their life, I’m lucky enough to have found the one who can make me happy every single second of the day this early in life. As I’ve told you before, I’m never letting you go babe. I know we’re still so young, a lot can still happen but all I know is I can’t picture my future without you.

Kim: Gerald, how do you know just what to say everytime? You always say the words I wish a guy would tell me. I must have done something real good in the past to deserve someone as wonderful as you. I really love you babe. We have to learn to trust each other. If we really love each other as much as we say we do, we shouldn’t have any doubts about each other’s fidelity.

Gerald: I agree entirely babe. I would never do anything to hurt you, I would never mess around with another girl. I’m sure you would never do anything to ruin our relationship. I’m so sorry for thinking the worse of you babe. I really didn’t mean what I said, I wasn’t thinking straight. Deep down I really don't believe that you’re capable of doing that but I let my jealousy and frustrations take over and say those hurtful things to you. I have to work on being able to trust.

Kim: We both do. We’re new at this and we still have a lot to learn but we can work together to better our relationship. I promise that over time if my feelings ever change or before I even start to think about wanting to be with another person, I’ll tell you straight away. I wouldn’t do a thing with anyone else without letting you know first.

Gerald: As long as we keep each other happy and work our problems out everytime, I don’t think we’ll ever get to that babe. Pero if heaven forbid that would ever happen, I promise too. I’ll let you know immediately if I ever have a change of heart. I would never cheat on you babe. Even not as your lover but as a good friend, as a bestfriend, I could never do that to you.

Kim tightened her grip on him and gave him a quick kiss on the lips.

Kim: Ang sweet talaga ng boyfriend ko! I know now why I love you so much.

Gerald: Yeah? Why?

Kim: Because baby you’re sooo amazing! (Kissed him passionately.) I love you. Stop crying na ok babe?

Gerald: They’re tears of joy na babe. Hindi na ako sad. I’m head over heels in love and I’m so happy that my baby is here in my room, in my bed. What more can I ask for?

Kim: Hmmm… food? You must be hungry babe.

Gerald: Uh-huh, hungry for you babe.

Gerald started kissing her gently and she willingly retaliated. They were making out passionately, only coming up for air to say “I love you” or whisper sweet nothings to each other. Things started heating up and Kim finally managed to control herself when she noticed Gerald’s hands on her thighs. “Babe. We have to stop.”
He murmured “okay” and continued what he was doing. “Ge, baby, you need to have some dinner. Sabi ng yaya mo you haven’t eaten all day daw.” He planted another passionate kiss on her lips. “Babe you can’t have dessert until you’ve had your meal. I’m talking about real food.”

Gerald: Okay. So after dinner, I can have my dessert?

Kim: Ewan ko sayo! (laughed and started getting up only to be pulled back down on his bed). Babe, kanina pa tayo dito baka ano nang isipin ng yaya mo.

Gerald: I’m sure we’re not even halfway through what’s on yaya’s imagination. I just love hugging you babe, you’re so cuddly! (Kissed her again.) And so kissable!

Kim: Let’s go eat babe, it’s getting late.

After dinner, Kim and Gerald decided to get back to his room. They didn’t get to watch the movie that was playing in the DVD player as intended as they went straight back into their make-out session. “Babe?”

Gerald: Hmm.. (still kissing Kim’s neck)

Kim: I have to get home. It’s 1 am.

Gerald slowly moved his sweet little kisses from her neck up to her lips. She pressed her lips on his and kissed him back with so much intensity. “Thanks for a wonderful night babe.”

Gerald: Thank you for your surprise visit babe and thanks for loving me that much. (He hugged her tightly and kept her in his arms.) I love you babe.

She rested her head on his chest. “I love you too babe. It feels so natural cuddling with you. I wish it wasn’t too late so I can stay a little longer.”

Gerald: Don’t go babe. Stay here with me tonight.

Kim: I can’t. We have school tomorrow.

Gerald: Oo nga pala. I’m comfy here, I don’t want to let you go. Gusto ko ganito lang tayo all night.

Kim: Me too babe, I feel so cozy in your arms.

Gerald: Thirty more minutes please? I don’t want to get up just yet.

Kim: Fifteen. Then I really have to go. I’m so sleepy na babe.

Gerald: Ok, deal.

They stayed quiet for a little while, just enjoying the moment of being in each other’s arms.

Gerald: I can’t wait until we’re older and we can live together babe. We can stay like this, holding each other every night. Babe? Kimmy?

Her eyes couldn’t take it anymore. Her brain was telling her to stay awake and get up but she didn’t even realize that her eyes were already closed. (“Aww, poor baby. She seems tired, nakatulog na pala. Sweet dreams babe, I love you.”) He kissed her lips, cheeks then forehead. He grabbed the blanket to cover themselves and held her tightly until he fell asleep.