Chapter 25

You're Still The One

Kim: Hi! Have you been here long?

Gerald: Just on time to see your little number with Mel. Gosh, I disappeared from your side for a few hours and you end up changing your gender preference?

Kim: (grabbed Geralds hands and took him aside) Si Mel kasi, she’s trying to avoid this guy na sunod ng sunod so we thought of a plan na mag-pretend to be lesbians para ma turn-off yung guy.

Gerald: Hehehe.. Only it backfired! Instead, you girls managed to turn on all the male species in this club.

Kim: It’s actually fun watching Mel getting so irritated. I don’t think she can do anything wrong with this guy. Whatever she says, he’s still mesmerized by her.

Gerald: You haven’t answered my question yet.

Kim: What question?

Gerald: You said you love men? Plural yun ha.

Kim: General statement lang to confirm na we were just pretending to be lesbians. You know what I mean! It was hard enough for me to open up to one guy I’m in love with na mahal ko siya. You seriously think that I would increase that headache by adding more men to love?

Gerald: Wow, in love ka Kim? Swerte naman ng guy na yun. Is this guy good looking?

Kim: Of course! I have good taste when it comes to men. Gwapo, athletic and y.

Gerald: Come here, you gorgeous thang! (hugged her tight) y eh? I bet you love checking out his body! (winked)

Kim: Kusa kasi nyang dini-display body nya for everyone to see so kaming mga girls around him have no choice but to look. My gosh, sobrang vain nya!

Gerald: What?! I thought you love this guy! (looked sad and started walking away)

Kim: Gerald, I was kidding! Hey, come back please. Patay nagtampo. Kawawa naman babe ko. Gerald, babe? Sorry na oh! You know I love you. I love your gorgeous face, I love your y body, I love everything about you!

Gerald: Yeah right, you’re just saying that. (trying hard to hide his smile)

Kim: Gerald naman eh. You know I really meant what I said. In fact, why don’t we go somewhere private para mawala yang tampo mo?

Gerald: Hmm… what’s on your mind Mrs. Anderson?

Kim: Dare to find out?

Gerald: Oh honey, I so dare!

Gerald grabbed Kim’s hand and led her uptairs to the balcony. There were a few lovers talking and drinking but no one they recognised. Kim leaned on the balcony rail, taking in the cool air. Gerald hugged her from behind and rested his chin on her shoulder. “Babe, did you miss me?”

Kim: Uh-huh. I’m so getting used to your hugs, if you keep holding me like this, ma-mimiss talaga kita everytime you’re not with me.

Gerald hugged her tighter and they stayed silent just enjoying the moment. “I love you babe”. Kim turned around, “I love you too. You know what else I miss?”

Gerald: What?

Kim: This.

Kim initiated the kiss this time, sweet and tender at first then things started heating up. She loved the feel of Gerald’s fingers running through her soft hair and onto her back. His kisses made her tingle all over.

Kim: Ge, we better go back downstairs they’re probably looking for us.

Gerald: Baby, let’s just stay here. Para masolo kita. It feels so comfortable holding you. (held her tighter then gave her sweet little kisses on her nose, cheeks and lips) And I love kissing my baby.

Kim: Hmmm, babe? I’m starting to really enjoy this we really better get downstairs. I could really use a drink.

Gerald: Sige na nga. Mas prefer mo pala ang alcohol than me. (pretended to look sad)

Kim: Oh don’t be sad sweetie, it’s a very close battle naman eh, konting konti lang talaga ang lamang ng alcohol sayo. (laughed and tried to run away but Gerald tightened his grip)

Gerald: Oh don’t think you can get away with that little miss! For that, you gotta have to kiss me again. And it better be a good one or you can’t get back downstairs.

Kim turned around and gave Gerald another long, sweet kiss. She was caressing his face and making sounds at the same time which drove Gerald insane.

Gerald: Whoah! That was way hot! I love you so much babe. We’re definitely staying here because I want more of that.

Kim: Not fair! I held up my end of the bargain!

Gerald: Okay, okay, let’s go give you your dose of alcohol.

Kim and Gerald enjoyed a few drinks together then decided to hit the dance floor where they found Mel and Shaina. Shaina looked amused as Mel was trying to get rid of Matt. Gerald and Kim walked over to their friends joining in Shaina’s fun.

Mel: Wala ka ngang chance Matt eh. Did you know that I’m married at may anak na ako?

Matt: I don’t believe you. You’re so young and ang y mo, you don’t look like you have a baby. At bakit hindi mo kasama asawa mo?

Mel: (saw Gerald and quickly grabbed him) Oh ayan na pala ang honey ko oh! Hello mahal kong asawa. (gave them a ‘help me’ look)

Gerald: (hugged Kim from behind) Sorry talaga Mel ha pero patay ako dito sa misis ko if I pretend to be sweet with another chick.

Kim: Misis ka dyan! Pero good answer. (She looked behind her and kissed Gerald on the cheek and they started dancing).

Mel: Nandito na nga lang tong bwisit na to, might as well get my money’s worth for it. Matt halika nga dito.

Matt: Your wish is my command my goddess!

Mel: Inom tayo. Since I can’t get rid of you anyway, lasingin mo na lang ako.

*******************************************************

Rob: This has been a great night. I love hanging with you guys! We’ve been dancing for hours but I feel like I could dance till morning.

Kim: Must be the vodka kicking in Rob. We should find you a chick so you can put that energy to some good use. (naughty smile)

Gerald: Baby, I’ve had vodka too and plenty of energy waiting to be used!

Kim: Eh di maghanap ka rin ng chick mo!

Gerald: I found her. She’s gorgeous, a total hottie and she’s trapped in my arms.

Rob: Hoy kanina pa kayo grabe ka-sweet dyan ha. I haven’t seen Gerald let go of his hugs Kimmy. Nakaka-ingit naman kayo. Sa sobrang inggit nga ni Enchong kanina eh, hindi nakaya, nag walk-out.

Matteo: Kim, the guys and I have to get home na. 2 am kasi curfew namin eh.

Kim: Okay lang ba sayo Ge if we head home too? I’m actually getting sleepy.

Gerald: Well, I better get my girl in bed.