Chapter 27

You're Still The One

Gerald and Kim were so much in love that Kim realized that it was useless to try to hide their sweetness. They were inseparable, always teasing and tickling each other. They often go on dates or just hang out at each other’s places outside school hours. Neither of them confirmed nor denied the real status of their relationship which left the whole campus with just speculations.

Gerald: Babe, thank you for making me so happy every single day. You mean so much to me babe, I couldn’t imagine life without you.

Kim: I feel the same way too Gerald. Happy ka ba talaga? Kahit na we have to watch what we say and do in front of others?

Gerald: Ecstatic! I would love to tell the whole world that we are so in love with each other pero I’m sure they can already see that. Mas easier sana if I didn’t have to get in trouble all the time. Pero ok lang, as long as we are happy in love. Hirap kasi magpigil kaya I end up calling you babe and telling you how much I love you kahit maraming nakikinig.

Kim: It’s not those things that got you in hot water hon, yung pagnanakaw mo ng kisses in front of everyone! Kahit tayo na, dapat private moment lang yun.

Gerald: Babe, I haven’t heard any complaints naman eh, kinikilig pa nga sila. Since tayo lang naman dalawa dito sa house, can I have one of those private moments? (smiled, raised his eyebrows then pulled her close)

Kim: Ayan ka na naman, dumadalas yata yang mga requests mo.

Gerald: Kasalanan mo kasi you look so hot all the time. Nananabik tuloy ako palagi na ma-kiss ang kissable lips ng babe ko. I think you’re trying to seduce me that’s why you always look so gorgeous and y.

Kim: Hoy mister! You can’t blame me for being naturally gorgeous! Kung nabighani ka sa beauty ko, that’s your own fault! (laughed)

Gerald: Lumabas na naman yang pagka-humble mo ano? (tickled her then wrapped his arms around her) Talagang nabighani ako kaya you’re stuck with me forever kasi hindi talaga kita pakakawalan.

Gerald held her face and kissed her gently. It scares her that she’s never wanted someone this bad. Things are going so great between them that it terrifies her. “Sana nga baby. I know it’s a long shot but I’d like to hope we’ll be this happy forever”, she thought while responding to his soft lips.

Kim: Babe, we’re never gonna finish packing up if you keep distracting me. You need to get home soon para makatulog na tayo. The excursion bus is leaving early tomorrow for the resort.

Gerald: Eto na po boss, I’m closing the luggage na. I get the point. I know when I’m being kicked out.

Kim: Nagtampo na naman itong babe ko. Come here sweetie! (hugged him tight)

Gerald: Ikaw kasi, every night mo na lang ako pinapalayas.

Kim: Syempre you need to get home naman no. You know very well you can’t sleep over, tayo lang kaya dalawa dito!

Gerald: You don’t trust me pa rin hanggang ngayon. Gentleman naman ako ah. All I want is to have you next to me, to hold on to you all night. I would never do anything to violate your trust and respect for me.

Kim: (“I know you’re a gentleman but it’s myself that I don’t trust!”) I know you’re a gentleman pero you’re still a guy. There’s only one thing on a guy’s mind especially when they’re in bed with a woman. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out what that is!

Gerald: Sige na nga I’ll get going na. To be honest, it’s real hard to control myself being next to you.

Kim: I must admit, that’s exactly my dilemma too. Kaya you better get going na before we get ourselves in a whole lot of trouble.

Gerald: Oh great! How can I leave now after what you just said? Can I just say that I’m more than willing to oblige if ever gusto mo akong pagsamantalahan.

Kim: Kapal mo ha, hindi ako no! Kahit kasing gwapo pa sayo ang guy in bed with me, kayang kaya kong dedmahin!

Gerald: You wanna bet? Let’s get in bed. See how long you can last not touching me. How long mo ako kayang demahin!

Kim: Gerald, I’m not as dumb as I look. I know you’re trying to trick me into cuddling in bed with you. I’m so not falling for that! (laughed)

Gerald: (laughing too) Dang! I really thought it was going to work.

Gerald pulled her close and planted another gentle, delicate kiss on her lips. Kim gave him sweet little kisses all over his face. “Goodnite babe. Uwi kana so we both can get some sleep.”

Gerald: Sige na nga. I’ll miss you babe. Can’t wait to see you tomorrow.

They kissed again.

Gerald: I love you. Sweet dreams, baby.

Kim: I love you too. Sweet dreams.

**********************************************************

Members of the drama class gathered outside of their school by 6 am. Kim, who wore an off shoulder red top with white shorts exposing her hot legs managed to grab everyone’s attention as she entered the bus.

Rob: I think I speak for every male in here when I say I’m so hating you right now, Gerald. Ang swerte mo sa katabi mong babe for the whole trip.

Gerald: Mamatay kayo sa inggit but she’s all mine pare, there’s no way I’m sharing!

Kim: What makes you so sure na tatabi ako sayo?

Gerald: Kasi mahal mo ako and you can’t bear not to be next to me?

“Oh is that so?” Kim smiled mischievously and walked past Gerald and walked up to Mel sitting right behind. “Mel thanks for saving me a seat”, she winked at Mel as she sat next to her.

Mel: Sweetie, as much as I love you and love spending quality time with you, nakakaawa ang babe mo if you don’t sit with him. Baka ma-heart attack pa yan. Ayoko ko na maging partner in crime mo ako na lang palagi napasahan ng karma. Ayan tuloy sa baduy na Matt ako napunta.

Gerald: Babe naman don’t be so cruel. Sige kung dyan ka I’ll just sit on your lap the whole trip.

Joaqui: Kanina pa yang excited si babe mo Kimmy. Move na please, you’re on my spot.

Everyone whistled and started teasing as Kim moved next to Gerald. They decided to just smile and ignore them all. They talked for a while and sang along with the rest of the class but eventually the long trip started to take its toll. Everyone started to catch some sleep. Gerald had been trying to distract himself as he had wanted to hold Kim in his arms. When he noticed that she was falling asleep and her head was leaning on his shoulder, he gently moved her head into his chest and wrapped his arms around her. He gave her a quick kiss on the lips then on the forehead and smiled while watching her sleep. Even in her sleep, Kim could feel Gerald right next to her, holding her close. She hugged him back.

Rob: Wow, ang sweet naman ng favourite couple natin. Pahiram nga ng camera, we have to capture this moment before they wake up.

Lara: Here, use mine. Parang sanay na sanay silang magyakapan habang natutulog ah. No doubt, sila na nga talaga.

Gerald heard noises around him and realized that he is still on that bus trip. He smiled as he noticed Kim on his chest, still fast asleep. What’s going on guys?

Mel: Ang ingay natin hayan tuloy nagising na si Gerald.

Rob: Bro ang swerte mo talaga that you’ve got Kim.

Gerald caressed her face and brushed her hair off her face. “She’s the most amazing girl. I am thankful everyday that she chose to be with me. Alam kong ang daming guys na gusto sya.”

Lara: Kayo na ano? Hindi naman yan yumayakap si Kim with guys ng ganyan in public kahit na sa mga exs nya.

Gerald just smiled, “mahal na mahal ko si Kim, yun na yun.”


Rob: Oo nga, parang second nature na lang for her to hug you when she’s sleeping. Mahal ka talaga nyan.

Kim: Don’t put words in my mouth Rob. I was sleeping so I didn’t realize na naka-hug na pala ako kay Gerald. (She sat up and took her hands off his stomach.)

Lara: Yeah sure, enjoy ka naman. Kinikilig ka oh, it shows on your smile.

Gerald: Hey little miss, dito ka lang. Just ignore them, jealous lang sila kasi kulang sila sa lambing. (He wrapped his arms tightly around her. She smiled and leaned on his chest.)

Lara: Nakakainis nga kayo, ang sweet ni Gerald sayo Kim kahit dedma ka lang sa smooth moves nya. Most guys are not that sweet with their girlfriends naman. Pwede ba kita ipa-clone Gerger?

Gerald: Naku wa’g na, dadami pa ang competition ko with Kim. Mahihirapan na ako nyan kasi lahat sila kasing gwapo ko! (laughed)

Kim: Wa’g mo na lang ipa-clone, sayo na lang to.

Gerald: Babe naman ipamimigay mo ako sa iba?

Joaqui: Lagot, nagtampo!

Kim: Kiss lang katapat nyan. (She was aiming to kiss his cheek but he turned swiftly resulting in a quick lip smack.) Gerald!

Kim blushed and hit him playfully. Gerald hugged her tightly, grinning form ear to ear. “Tulog tayo ulit babe. There’s still another hour before we get to the resort.”

Kim: Changing the subject won’t get you out of trouble mister!

Gerald: Missus, who got herself in trouble in the first place? You’re the one who willingly gave me up as if I’m an unwanted toy.

Kim: Fine, I’m sorry. (whispered) Baby naman, you know I love you and would never give you away.

This made Gerald smile and held her tighter as they went back to sleep.