Chapter 16

You're Still The One

Gerald ran after Kim and found her sitting on a bench in the garden. He sat down next to her and took a deep breath. After a moment of silence, Gerald wrapped his arms around Kim and rested his head on her shoulder.

Kim: Hoy! Bitawan mo nga ako.

Gerald: (still hugging her) Kimmy, I’m really sorry. I know I was being a jerk, I really was just kidding. Don’t be mad please? Hindi ko kaya na galit ka sa akin. Please peace na tayo.

Kim: Didn’t I ask you to let go of me?

Gerald: Not until you talk to me and forgive me. I swear Kimmy I’ll stay here and hold you the whole night if I have to until sabihin mo na hindi ka na galit sa akin.

“This guy’s unbelieveable! Bakit ba kasi may pa-cuddle cuddle pa! Kainis talaga, he’s making it too hard for me to stay mad. Be strong Kimmy, wa’g ka padala sa mga pa-cute nya.”

Gerald: I’m really really sorry. I’m such an idiot! Pero at the same time I must admit, kinikilig ako na you’re jealous. Mahal mo na talaga ako no?

Kim: Uhm, hindi…hindi ako nagseselos no! Irritated lang ako sayo dahil you’re supposed to prove to me na seryoso ka sa panliligaw tapos kung sino sino ang nasa utak mong pormahan!

Gerald: Kimmy I’m hurt that you think that way. It was a bad joke pero please believe me wala talaga akong iniisip na other girls. You are way special to me, there’s no other girl for me.

Kim: (turned to face him) Ge ok lang naman if you want to go back to your old ways and date other girls. You probably miss all the attention and the fun of being a player. I’ve always known na this thing with us isn’t gonna last. Once a player, always a player. All I’m asking for is that please don’t give me false hope tigilan mo na ako.

Gerald: I can’t force you to believe me but I’m so in love with you Kimmy. Every single second of the day ikaw lang ang nasa isip at puso ko. I was lost and confused and yes, ginu-goodtime ko ang girls before I met you. But when you came along, you gave me a new outlook in life. My life has direction now and may mga pangarap na ako because of you. (tears started falling down his cheeks) Mahal na mahal kita Kim.

“Aww, how can I not fall in love sa gwapong ito? He knows just what to say to melt a girl’s heart.” Kim wiped Gerald’s tears and rested her head on his shoulder as they hugged each other tightly. “I love you too Gerald and I really want to tell you how I feel. Sasabihin ko na kaya or should I let him wait a while?”

Kim lifted her head to gaze into Gerald’s eyes. Before she could utter a word Gerald moved his lips closer to hers. Their lips touched, hands caressing each other’s faces and both can feel the tingling sensation all over brought about by their soft, tender, passionate kiss. They were lost in the moment and neither one wants the sensation to end. They kissed twice more.

Gerald: (while holding her tightly) I love you Kim. (gently touched her face) I love your beautiful face…I love your luscious lips…I love kissing you…I love holding you…I love everything about you…

Gerald couldn’t stop gazing into Kim’s eyes as he held on to her. Kim savoured the moment being in Gerald’s arms and closed her eyes as she held on to him tightly.

**********************************************************

Mel: There you guys are! We’ve been looking for you it’s so late na. Kaya pala tagal nyong nawala ang sweet naman pala todo yakapan pa kayo ha.

Gerald: Sorry we didn’t get back ha nakatulog kasi tong isa eh.

Mel: Parang sanay na sanay sa chest mo Ge ah. So I take it, ok na kayo?

Gerald: Yes! We’re more than ok.

Mel: Ahhh! Is there something I should know about?

Kim: (waking up) We just talked, that’s all. What time is it?

Mel: Midnight na and Tito is here to pick us up.

Gerald: I’ll walk you guys to the car.

Kim: Goodnight Ge. Thanks for a great night.

Gerald: Goodnite Kimmy. Best night ever all thanks to you! Sweet dreams sweetie. (kissed her cheeks).

***********************************************************

Kim: Hello?

Gerald: Hey gorgeous. Are you busy tonight?

Kim: Not really. I just woke up an hour ago kaya I probably won’t wanna get to bed till much later. Why?

Gerald: Let’s go out for dinner. Medyo tinatamad kasi ako magluto ng dinner sa house eh. Do you have a hang over from last night?

Kim: No, I’m ok. Yeah dinner sounds good. I haven’t had much to eat tinatamad din ako magluto.

Gerald: Sweet. I’ll pick you up in an hour ok?

Kim: Ok see you soon Ge. Bye.

Gerald: Can’t wait! Bye. Love you!

***********************************************************

Kim: Gerald, where are we going? We just went pass the restaurants.

Gerald: Basta may mas special na place that I wanna take you to.

Kim: It’s dark na and ayaw mo pang sabihin saan tayo pupunta. Kinilabotan tuloy ako. Teka, you’re not one of those psycho killers, right?

Gerald: I guess you’ll find out soon enough.

Kim: Gerald, wa’g ka naman manakot dyan. Just in case talagang psychotic ka, promise I’ll do anything, you name it, I’ll give it to you wa’g mo lang akong patayin please! Wala pa akong karanasan!

Gerald: Anything? (smiling)

Kim: Ewan ko sayo! Wait, this is the way to our secret place ah. What are you up to Mr. Anderson?

Gerald: Basta trust me lang ok?

Kim: Sige na nga!

Kim was completely dumbfounded when they got to their secret place. The whole place was decorated with candles, roses and lilies which made the whole place look so magical.

Kim: Ge, did you do all these?

Gerald: Hope you like it. I wanted to do something special.

Kim: I’m absolutely amazed at what you’ve done with the place. I feel like I’m in paradise. (turned to Gerald and wrapped her arms around his neck) You are definitely the most wonderful hottie on earth! I think I’ve found my prince charming.

Gerald: (caressed her cheeks) And you’re my beautiful princess. Dinner is served. Shall we?

Kim: Sure.

Gerald and Kim enjoyed a lovely dinner, flirting and laughing the whole time. When they finished, Gerald set up his ipod and speakers and held Kim tightly in his arms. They danced to the tune of ‘No Ordinary Love’ while they were gazing into each other’s eyes and surrounded with candles and roses. “Dang he really set the mood right. How can I resist when I’m lost in his eyes in this romantic setting? Gerald you biatch, you’re making me fall in love with you even more.” Gerald dipped Kim and they shared another passionate long kiss.

Gerald: Woman, you sure can kiss! Hands down to you, you’re definitely the best kisser babe.

Kim: You’re not too bad yourself. (smiled and gave him a quick smack on the lips)
(Got excited as the next song started playing). Oh my gosh! I’ll Make Love To You? My song! You really came prepared huh, mga fave songs ko pa nilagay mo. This song always gets me weak in the knees.

Gerald: I know. (smiled and kissed her once more).

They danced and kissed through two more songs (Gerald’s fave songs – ‘No One Else Comes Close’ and ‘With You’). Kim then decided to sit down by the tree. Gerald sat behind Kim and wrapped his arms around her. Kim leaned on him as they started stargazing. They talked for a couple more hours before they decided to head home as it was almost midnight.