Chapter 30

You're Still The One

Kim felt Gerald’s soft, sweet kiss on her lips. Half awake and unsure whether she was dreaming, she responded with much eagerness. As the kiss became more passionate, she could feel that Gerald has positioned himself on top of her, caressing her face and breathing heavily. His touches felt so real she was sure that this was no longer a dream. Yet, she refused to open her eyes, too afraid to wake up. They continued to kiss, granting him access to explore wherever he felt like. She didn’t fail to take advantage of the opportunity to explore his territories. His lips occasionally wander off to her shoulders, back and neck but they would always find their way back to her lips. He kissed her ears and whispered, “I love you babe.” She was in heaven. “Please God, don’t let this be just a dream. Gosh this better be Gerald in bed with me!” She nibbled on his neck, let out another soft moan then finally decided to open her eyes. “Thank goodness it really is you and I’m not dreaming.” He opened his eyes, a big grin on his face. “Good morning gorgeous.” He held her face and gave her another quick kiss. “There’s nothing better than waking up next to my baby! Ganda talaga ng morning ko!” He couldn’t stop smiling and kissing Kim. “I must say I so don’t mind getting woken up by your lips babe. My morning can’t get any better.” With an eyebrow raised and a mischievous smile, he quickly responded, “Wanna bet? Let me show you how much better it can get.” He started kissing her again, her hair at the same time. Catching a quick glance of the room, Kim suddenly realized where they are. She quickly pushed Gerald off and sat up. “Oh crap!”

Gerald: Babe what’s the matter?

Kim looked around to see who else was in the room. It seemed like Gerald and her were alone but then again she hadn’t checked the bathroom or wardrobes, in case they were hiding. “I just realized the girls may be in the room and you’re not supposed to be in our room!”

Gerald: Baby chill, it’s just us. The girls have left ages ago.

Kim: They can still walk in anytime. We better stop fooling around. At ikaw naman Mr. Anderson you have to get back to your own room. Patay tayo nito sa mga pang-aasar nila.

She started getting up but fell back down as Gerald grabbed a hold of her. “Hey little miss? Where do you think you’re going?”

Kim: I gotta get ready. 9am na we might miss the breakfast buffet.

Gerald held her tigher and kissed her cheeks. “Dito muna tayo. Sarap mong i-hug eh. Let’s just stay in bed for a little while.”

Kim: Ge I wanna have some breakfast.

Gerald: (kissed her lips) You have breakfast in bed right here baby.

Kim: Okay just five more minutes but we really have to get up soon after ok? It’s getting late and when they start noticing that we’re both nowhere in sight, baka ano nang iisipin nila. I trust our close friends pero you never know baka i-bulgar na you slept in my bed.

Gerald: Five more minutes.

Gerald loved hugging her and breathing in her sweet scent. Kim rolled over to face him, gave him a quick kiss then leaned her head on his chest. She couldn’t explain the warm and fuzzy feeling that overcame her as she was listening to his heart beating so fast. She felt so comfortable in his arms and soon fell asleep. He caressed her face and watched her smile, looking so mesmerizing while she was sleeping.

It took another half an hour before Kim managed to convince Gerald to get back to his room to get ready so they can catch the last 30 minutes of the breakfast buffet. As they opened the door, Joaqui, Matteo and Rob were clapping and whistling.

Rob: Gerald pare, you’re the man! You two look radiant this morning!

Gerald and Kim could not say a word and both just simply blushed.

Joaqui: Hoy lalaki! Where were you last night? Kung may nangyari man sa inyo, you better be ready to marry our baby Kimmy.

Gerald: I’d marry Kim right now if I could!

Kim: Whether you guys believe it or not, nakatulog lang kami. The girls were watching a scary movie last night and we joined in. We didn’t notice na nakatulog na pala kami and just happened to wake up now. That’s the whole story ok?

Joaqui: So then, why do you need a ‘do not disturb’ sign hanging on your doorknob kung tulog lang pala ang kinaabalahan ninyo? And looks to me like you kicked the girls out nice and early this morning. Ayaw talaga ma-disturb huh? (winked)

Gerald: What sign? (He turned around and noticed what was hanging on the door knob.) Babe?

Kim: Hey, don’t you guys give me that look. As if! I bet the girls were up to no good this morning.

Gerald: Babe, bayaan mo na lang sila. They won’t believe us anyways. Let’s just get ready for breakfast.

Matteo: Gerald’s completely changed. Ang sweet na talaga nya, pinagtanggol talaga ang lovey dovey nya. Bilisan nyo na nga para makapag-breakfast na rin kami, I’m starving!

Kim: Why didn’t you eat?

Joaqui: Kasi hinintay namin na umuwi si Gerald. We wanted to find out kung totoo ang hinala namin that he got to spend the night in bed with you. Grabe naman kasi kayo ang tagal nyo nagising or should I say, you took forever to finish whatever it was you guys were doing.

Kim: Hehehe… Kalalaki nyong tao napakachismoso nyo. Ayan tuloy ulcer ang mapapala nyo.