Chapter 41

You're Still The One

Their group stayed back after the party to help Joaqui clean up.

When Matteo saw Kim by the balcony putting some rubbish into the bag, he took the opportunity to catch up.

Matteo: Hey!

Kim: Hey Mattie!

Matteo: Congratulations. I know it’s no surprise, you get the top honours every year but I never got the chance to let you know how proud I am.

Kim: I know we haven’t had a chance to catch up, sorry ha. I’m totally proud of you too Matt. This had been your best year yet, academically. Sana magka-lovelife ka na rin para truly the best na talaga for you ang year na to.

Matteo: That would have been the case kung hindi lang dumating si Gerald eh.

Kim: You’ll find the right girl for you Mattie. Sa gwapo mong yan, ang dami kayang girls naghahabol sayo. If you were’nt so darn picky, you could be happy in love by now.

Matteo: What did happen between us? Why didn’t we work out?

Kim: Uhm, hello? You flirted with another friend of mine, in front of me pa talaga!

Matteo: Kimmy, I know you still don’t believe me but it really was nothing. Besides that’s not what I meant naman eh. You’ve had worse jealousy moments with Gerald but you were willing to work it out with him. It worked out with him and not with me. I’ve never been a player and our personalities have always been compatible. I just want to know what I’m doing wrong when it comes to pursuing a girl, I don’t want to stuff it up for the next girl.

Kim: Gerald always knew just what to say. For some reason, he happens to do just exactly the sort of things I would have imagined a guy would do for me. With you naman, things didn’t turn out the way I had imagined. You didn’t run back into my arms, saying the sort of things I wish you would have. With Gerald, like when things were’nt so great between us, he always seemed to say just the right words that would take my breath away. He matched the scenes in my head and even surpassed all the romantic illusions I had wished would happen to me. I guess that’s how he captured my heart. I don’t know, it’s like we have a lot of things in common pero we’re also opposite in a lot of ways. I don’t know how to explain it but it just feels right for me to be with him. Am I making sense at all?

Matteo: Sort of, I guess. You women are so complicated. You change your minds every other minute, how are we suppose to read what’s in there?

Kim: Hey, you guys are more confusing kasi most of the time, you don’t even know what you guys want.

Matteo: We do naman pero we know that we if do things our way, we’ll get in trouble with you girls kaya agree na lang kami to whatever you girls decide.

Kim: Hehe... You’ll definitely be in our good books with that way of thinking!

Matteo: I think the reason why you and Gerald worked out is because meron talagang love. Real, undeniable love between you two. I mean, meron din naman love on my side eh, but I guess your feelings for me were not strong enough.

Kim: That about sums up what I wanted to say. Sa kanya talaga ako na in-love. By the way, may nahahalata na ako sayo ah! Spill!

Matteo: What?

Kim: Someone caught your attention, am I right? Has Matteo actually found a potential girlfriend?

Matteo: What makes you think that?

Kim: Well, you want to know how to make the right moves and you want to correct your past mistakes with girls. There has to be a reason for all these questions?

Matteo: Well sweetie, if you didn’t snob off our last family get together, you could have been there to witness it all.

Kim: Dang! I missed something actually important?! Eh kasi naman it had to be scheduled at the same time that I had dinner with Gerald and his family! She must be one gorgeous lady, knowing how picky you are! When can I meet her?

Matteo: She’s cute and very sophisticated type. I got her number but I haven’t had the guts to call her yet.

Kim: Why not? That is exactly the reason why nauunahan ka ng ibang guys. You’re a great guy Mattie, sa gwapo mong yan, kikiligin ang girl if you make a move kaya you don’t have a reason to chicken out. I say go for it, sweep that lucky girl off her feet!

Gerald: There you are, I was wondering where you went! Pare, I hope you’re not trying to steal my girl here.

Matteo: You need to watch her more closely bro, she might just slip out of your hands. Hehe. Joke lang dude! She’s all yours so you better take good care of her.

Gerald: I’ll keep that in mind bro.

Kim: Boys, boys, boys! Wa'g nyo na akong pag-agawan. There's plenty of me to have around! You both can have me para pantay ok?

Gerald: What?!

Matteo: Naku naman feeling mahaba ang buhok ha! Sorry Kimmy you’re beautiful and all but I’m over you na and I don’t want to get another headache all over again!

Gerald: Are you really over her? Hehe, just kidding!

Kim: Come on guys, let’s get inside. Baka saan pa makarating yang asaran nyo!

While they were heading back to Kim’s place, Gerald couldn’t help but enquire about Matteo. The thought had been bothering him since they left Joaqui’s place. ”Babe, parang ang saya ng kwentuhan nyo ni Matteo kanina ah.”

Kim: Lovelife kasi ang topic eh. Close din naman kayo so you know how rare it is to hear Matteo talking about a girl that he’s interested in. Don’t mention it to anyone baka private information to pero may type na si Matteo na girl!

Gerald: Talaga? That’s good to hear! Akala ko kasi kung ano nang pinag-usapan ninyo.

Kim: Like what?

Gerald: Nothing, forget I said that.

Kim: Oh no way! You can’t make that sort of statement and expect me to just drop it. What did you think we were up to?

Gerald: I don’t know. I know Matteo had been great to both of us, he’s a good friend. Pero I still get nervous sometimes pag magkasama kayo. He’s a good looking guy, the type na gusto ng mga girls and most of all, you two had a history. If I had to be honest, I didn’t feel very comfortable when I saw just the two of you, happily talking.

Kim: Wait, is my baby jealous? (tickled his side)

Gerald: Medyo. I don’t want to kasi I know naman that you both wouldn’t do that sort of thing pero I still couldn’t stop myself from feeling hurt. Ewan ko kung bakit pero na-bad trip talaga ako to see you two happily bonding, away from everyone else.

Kim: Oh my god! Am I hearing this right? Gerald Anderson admits that he’s actually jealous? Somebody pinch me. I need to know if I’m dreaming!

Gerald: Ang sama mo. Hurt na nga yung tao, you’re making fun of me pa talaga.

Kim: Sorry babe, I just can’t believe that until now selos ka pa rin kay Matteo even though you know that we will never do such thing. Stop the car nga muna.

Gerald: Bakit naman?

Kim: My turn to re-assure my baby that he’s the only man I want. I think I need to kiss those hurt feelings away.

Gerald parked the car on the side of the road and moved into the front passenger seat. After a few minutes of their kissing session, Kim grabbed his shirt and pushed him towards the backseat without breaking the kiss. She pushed him down and settled on top of him, caressing him all over. Her kisses were intense and full of passion. “I love you baby. Everytime you can’t help but feel hurt, just remember how much I love you and how much I want you.” She parted her lips from his and stared at him while running her fingers through his hair. “Happy ka na ulit ok? Hindi ko kaya masaktan ka dahil mahal na mahal kita baby.”

Gerald: Thank you for loving me baby. You are one of a kind, everything rolled into one. I love you so much. Magic talaga ang kisses mo babe, you’ve definitely kissed my sadness away! Maybe I should get Matteo to talk to you more often. I could get used to this type of make-out session. You look hot on top baby!

Gerald and Kim sweetly smiled at each other and indulged themselves in another hot, smoldering make-out session.