Chapter 47

You're Still The One

Gerald and Kim enjoyed the rest of their summer holidays. Along with their group of friends, they made the most of their summer just hanging out at the beach, playing basketball, hanging out at each other’s houses, going shopping and enjoying a few night outs. The most memorable part of their summer holidays was their roadtrip along with Mel, Shaina, Joyce, Matteo, Matt and Joaqui. Matteo was the first designated driver as they used his van to accommodate the whole group.

Gerald: Babe, are you getting sleepy?

“Nope, not after I just gulped down two cans of coke”, she replied then went back to singing along to “y Love” which was playing on Matteo’s cd player.

Gerald: I was hoping you were so we can cuddle up to sleep. After 2 hours on the road, my eyes are getting a little heavy.

Kim: Oh my poor baby. Here, lie down on my lap.

Gerald had a happy grin as his head sanked into Kim’s lap. He loved the feel of her fingers gently caressing his forehead and playing with his hair as he closed his eyes.

Mel: Oh wow, Wonderland Park is in the next town. I can’t wait! There are so many rides I want to try there.

Matt: Hun, I’m cool with that as long as the rides are suitable for pre-schoolers. I really can’t handle those big scary rides.

Mel: Oh no, don’t you chicken out on me hun! You will love the adrenaline rush, trust me.

Matt: This can’t be good but I guess I can try one semi-scary ride. Kung hindi lang kita mahal eh.


Mel: Oh don’t be such a wuss! If you want to get lucky with me, you better prove your worth first.

Matt: How am I going to get a chance to get lucky kung namatay na ako sa takot?

Matteo: Naku Matt, either way you’re a dead man anyway. Kung hindi ka susunod sa honey mo patay ka rin kahit hindi ka sasakay sa big rides. We’re almost there so Mel, you better wake up the rest of the gang.

They were all like little kids jumping for joy as they were trying to decide what to do or which ride to go on first. The whole gang had a blast enjoying the rides. Gerald held Kim’s hand the entire time. As the rollercoaster was ascending towards the highest point, Gerald held Kim’s face. Her heart was beating three times faster than it’s usual speed brought about by the anticipation of the rollercoaster dropping at a thrilling speed but also by the suggestion of Gerald’s gaze. Gerald captured Kim’s luscious lips just as the rollercoaster was descending at a high speed sending butterflies on their stomachs. The feeling was so sensational, leaving both breathless. As Gerald was helping Kim step out of the ride, he whispered, “I love you”. She could only blush and smile sweetly at him. She could still feel the thrill of his tongue entertaining as they reached the of their rollercoaster ride. Their fingers entertwined as they lovingly gazed at each other, their smiles had that extra-special meaning. (“Boy, am I glad we’re in a public place because for some strange reason, I feel like just ripping his clothes off, pinning him down and consume him to my heart’s content! Dios ko po! What am I thinking? Ang dirty ng thoughts ko. Stop it Kimmy! Bago ka matuluyan at maging certified manyak! Note to self: Gerald is not a object.”) She giggled at her crazy thoughts. “Bakit naman kasi kung makatingin sya parang may pagnanasang makakagat!” She let out another giggle and didn’t realize that she had scolded herself loud enough for Gerald to hear her last few words.

Gerald: Huh? Sinong nangangagat?

Kim: Huh? Eh… I can’t wait na makakagat ng food gutom na kasi ako eh.

Gerald: Oh, my baby is hungry. We better get to a restaurant fast. Guys, are you hungry?

Joyce: Super, I’m starving.

Matteo: Me too.

Matt: Hay, thank goodness we are finally taking a break from those rides. I can’t believe I let you guys talk me into this. My chest feels so numb, I swear I can feel that my heart had stopped.

Gerald: Hala! I think that’s called necrosis diba?

Matt: Huminto talaga ang heart ko kasi I haven’t noticed it beat.

Mel: Tanga! Ang OA mo naman, kung wala ka nang heartbeat eh bakit kaya buhay ka pa?

Matt: Honey naman, I sacrificed my life for you tapos binatukan mo pa ako. Wala man lang thank you kiss?

Mel: Kimmy, someone has officially upstaged Gerald sa pagiging drama queen. Hehe..

Gerald: Thanks Matt, about time they find someone else to pick on!

Since it wasn’t such a good idea to get back to the rides after a big meal, the guys decided to try their luck on winning stuff toys for the girls at the carnival games. Gerald would have paid twice more than the actual price of the homer simpson stuff toy but he persisted on playing the game again and again until he could finally win it for Kim. He knew she really liked the toy so he didn’t quit until he could get it. It was all worth it after he got a sweet kiss from her for his efforts. They all headed for the bumper cars afterwards and had a blast attacking each other. The ghost train was the last ride they all went on before they called it a day. Being aware of how scared Kim gets when it comes to the supernatural, Gerald kept a protective embrace the whole ride. Kim also loves hugging him tight everytime she gets a rather scary surprise when the ‘ghosts’ appear out of nowhere. She wasn’t actually spooked out by the whole ride since she was aware that it was all fake but she loved holding on to Gerald so she took advantage of the chance.

They were all exhausted when they got to the motel.

Matteo: Guys I got us three rooms, one for the boys, one for Shaina and Joyce and the last one will be the love shack. Sorry na lang to our couples, you guys have to share your honeymoon suite, mahirap na.

Matt: Ay, may parental guidance pala tayo dito.

Kim: Ang sama mo Matteo, pwede naman mag-share kami lahat ng girls ng room ah.

Matteo: Kimmy stop pretending, you’re not fooling anyone. Alam ko namang Gerald and you wouldn’t have it any other way. Same goes for Matt and Mel.

Gerald: Baby, it’s no secret na wherever you decide to sleep tonight, chances are I’ll end up where I should be. Right next to you.

Mel: Hay naku Kimmy, the whole community knows na in love tayo sa mga to. Hindi na bagay sa atin ang magpakipot. Let’s go na, doon na lang sa room nyo ituloy ang lambingan nyo.

Kim: Ouch. Tama ba naman yung pagtulungan nyo ako! Ang sagwa kasi, sleeping with a guy sa isang motel.

Gerald: Hindi naman if we give people the impression na mag-asawa tayo and we’re on our honeymoon.

Gerald winked and picked his ‘bride’ up and walked towards the room.

Kim: Babe put me down! Ang cheap mo naman sa motel mo lang ako dalhin for our honeymoon?!

Gerald: Ito lang kasi ang ma-afford ko since isang hamak na labandera lang ang nanay ko at lasenggero ang itay. Pero it’s the thought that counts diba?

The whole gang was amused at Gerald’s desperate attempt at trying to appear as newlyweds.

Gerald was lying down and had tucked himself in when Kim got out of the bathroom. She noticed that Matt and Mel were already asleep.

Gerald: (whispered) Wow, I love how you crawl towards your pillow baby. You look so y especially with those hot pants and tight singlet.

Kim just blushed as she joined him under the blanket and dropped her head into his anticipating arms. “You look pretty hot yourself with your hair all messed up like that and shirtless nonetheless!”

Gerald responded with a loving, sweet kiss. “I love you my y thang!”

Kim: I love you too my hottie.

Once again, they shared another passionate kiss. Gerald felt this deep longing for her. He couldn’t get enough of her lips, her scent, her soft skin. Since Gerald came back from US, they have both been aware of this intense between them and both have struggled hard to ignore it. They both wanted each other so badly. The feelings grew stronger everyday they were together and tonight was no exception. They were in bed, in each other’s arms and the fact that they couldn’t go any further than just a kiss was killing them both. They had company. Having Kim next to him looking so gorgeous, so alluring, was complete torture for Gerald. He was breathing in her sweet scent, her porcelain skin. She was like a forbidden fruit. He could tell she felt the same way. She too was struggling to control her feelings. The tension was way too obvious to ignore yet they couldn’t act upon it.

Kim: Goodnight babe. We better get some sleep before those two notice what we are up to.

Gerald: Goodnight baby. I love you.

Kim: Sweet dreams. I love you too.

Gerald loved how perfectly she fits in his arms.

Kim: Babe are you alright?

Gerald: Oo naman. Why?

Kim: I can feel your heartbeat. It’s racing! You seem tensed babe.

Gerald: Ikaw kasi eh.

Kim: Bakit ako? What did I do?

Gerald: The usual. The thing that you always do to me when we’re together. I tried to think un-y thoughts pero there’s no point because you are right here lying on my chest, seducing every bone in the body.

Kim: He..he.. Including?…

Gerald: Hehe.. Especially THAT bone!

Kim: (Laughed) Asan na nga ba yun si Homer Simpson? Gusto mo itabi natin si Homer para sya na lang ang kayakap mo?

Gerald: Well, that’s definitely un-y!

Kim: Problem solved then. Wait lang.

Gerald held on to her tighter. “You are staying right in my arms missy. Kayang kaya pa naman ng willpower ko eh.”

Kim: Itulog mo na lang yan. You might get lucky in your dreams! If it’s any consolation babe, you’re not the only one struggling here. Sabagay, who wouldn’t be sa gwapo and y kong boyfriend?

Gerald: Great! Mas lalong hindi ako makakatulog nito now that you’ve confirmed that you feel the same way too.

Kim: (giggled) Kaya mo yan baby. Tira tira!