Head Up In The Clouds

You're Still The One

Mel, Joyce, Shaina and Kim arrived at the airport to meet up with Joaqui and Matt. Kim was so surprised to see Gerald standing next to Matt with a luggage in his hand.

Kim: Mel, anong ginagawa ni Gerald dito?

Mel: Siguro gusto din nyang sumama. Diba bestfriends sila ni Joaqui?

Kim: Kung minamalas ka nga naman oh. Ngayon pa na I’ve been going well on my goal. Ngayon pa na I’m starting to accept life without him! I was hoping to meet someone during this trip who will help me completely forget about Gerald! Paano pa yan mangyayari if I see his face everyday for two weeks? Nakakainis talaga si Joaqui! When we get to Boracay, i-lublob ko talaga sya sa tubig!

Shaina: Chill Kimmy, let’s just focus on having fun. Come on! We’re heading to Boracay diba?

Kim: You’re right, I can’t let him get in the way of our fun.

Mel: Well then let’s go greet the guys. Ang cute ng smile ng honey ko oh.

************************************************************

The minute she sat on the plane and realized that her seat number happened to be right next to Gerald, Kim had a feeling that this whole trip was a set-up. She gave Shaina a piercing look and mouthed, “I’m sooo going to get you for this!” Shaina tried to hide behind Joyce and mouthed out, “sorry”, giving out a peace sign.

Her heart was pounding louder than the plane engines and she couldn’t understand how restless she felt. She was thankful that at least Shaina allocated a window seat for her. She didn’t dare look at Gerald’s direction. Instead, she focused solely on the clouds outside trying desperately to make cloud-watching a fun experience. (“This is going to be the longest 40-minute ride of my life! Why do I feel so nervous next to him? I shouldn’t feel anything for him. Gosh Kim! The guy has asked you repeatedly to leave…hanggang ngayon ba, you still can’t take a hint? Sino ba naman sya? Si Gerald Anderson lang naman sya!”) She could smell that manly scent of his. (“Damn I miss how good he smells. How am I going to get over him if he’s hanging around with us by the beach, smelling so nice! Looking so hot! Shirtless!”)

Her mind started to wander into more private territories but got interrupted when she felt his head leaning on her shoulders. (“What the?!! Oh, he’s fallen asleep. Dios ko po, ilayo nyo po ako sa tukso.”) Her heart skipped a beat looking at his gorgeous, sleepy face. (“Ang gwapo mo talagang kurimaw ka! I am definitely going to miss your adorable face.”) She thought about keeping his head on her shoulders but quickly snapped out of it. (“Naku, baka mapagbintangan pa akong mapagsamantala.”) She slowly moved his head away, careful not to wake him up.

“Damn, that didn’t quite work as I planned!” Gerald thought as he continued to play sleeping beauty. “Obviously, my presence still very much affects her. She must be as nervous as I am. She can’t even look at me. How can she resist my charms?!” He rested his head again on her shoulders.

“Ano ba naman tong taong to? Mukha ba akong unan?” He had to hold his giggle as he heard her whisper. He was surprised that this time, she stayed still. “It worked! I knew she couldn’t resist me. Love nya ako eh.” To his disappointment, she carelessly pushed his head away. “Damn, I spoke too soon! Sakit nun ah, talagang itinulak lang ang ulo ko ng basta basta.”

Kim was getting annoyed that Gerald’s ‘sleeping’ face kept finding its way back to her shoulder. She had repeatedly pushed his head away recklessly, hoping that it will wake him up. “Tulog ba talaga to?” She started to get suspicious. She was about to push him off for the fifth time but froze when she heard him speak ever so softly.

Gerald: Babe, please don’t go.

Her eyes widened. She felt mixed emotions after hearing him call her babe again. (“Does he know that I’m going back to Sydney?”) She wasn’t sure what to say. “Gerald? Are you awake?” No reply. She looked down at his face and saw that his eyes were closed. (“Is he just dreaming? Sleep talking?”) “Hoy! Ge! Gumising ka nga! Kanina ka pa nang-iistorbo eh.” She tapped on his face harder to wake him up. (“Only a person who had passed out or dead wouldn’t wake up after that. Arghh! This is sooo typical of him when he’s playing those silly games.”) She was fuming. (“How dare he, messing up with me like that?!”) How she wished he was man enough to have a proper, sincere talk with her rather than just playing those silly games, giving her mixed signals. She pushed his head away again.

Kim: Hoy Gerald! Kung akala mo maiisahan mo ako, you’re mistaken! Kung magkukunwari ka man lang na tulog para makachansing, pwede ba wa’g kang OA! Para naman hindi ka mabuking!

He was busted and had ran out of plans. He decided to keep his eyes closed while still thinking of his next smooth move. He could hear her telling him off, annoyed at his antics and asking him to open his eyes. He savoured the moment. That was the most interaction he got from her since they decided to break-up. He imagined that they were living a married life and his beautiful wife is nagging about something that she had asked him to do weeks ago.

Kim: Sige, kukurutin kita! Tingnan natin kung hindi ka pa rin didilat!

She started pinching him on his arm. He tried to tolerate the pain, determined to see what she’ll do next. Luckily, she stopped when she noticed that her nails were starting to make a mark on his skin. It infuriated her that he still wouldn’t give up when it was already so obvious that he’s busted. She had another brilliant idea that she sure would get his eyes wide open within a millisecond.

Kim: Ayaw mo pa rin ha? Sige, if you don’t wake up, hahalikan kita!

She was surprised that he was still determined to pretend. She felt as if she just got hit with the cold reality that she no longer makes an effect on him. She was so sure that it would make him nervous enough to open his eyes. He just disregarded her so casually. “Talaga bang I don’t really do anything for him anymore?” She was determined to find out. She slowly moved her face, getting her lips closer to his until she was just a breath away. She knew Gerald is very much aware of how close she was to kissing his lips. Then it dawned on her. “Teka? If I really do this, then maka-score sya ng halik sa akin! Hey, baka naman ayaw dumilat ng mokong na to dahil gusto ng kiss! Either way, ako ang lugi.” She quickly withdrew and straightened herself up in her seat. “Phew! That was close. Muntik na ako maloko ng gagong to ah!”

Gerald: Hey ang daya mo ha, where’s my kiss?

He had this devilish grin that made him look even more adorable. She wanted to strangle him.

Kim: Arghhhh!!

Kim turned her back on him and concentrated on the clouds again. She tried to ignore the butterflies on her stomach as he continued to stare at her throughout the rest of the flight.