Chapter 29

You're Still The One

Kim cautiously submerged her legs in the water when suddenly, Gerald swept her off her feet and dived in. He laughed and wrapped his arms around her as she was playfully hitting him. They joined their friends and played in the water for a while. Gerald and Kim isolated themselves from others and swam further until the water was up to their necks. With a big smile on his face, Gerald faced Kim, touched her cheeks and placed his arms around her waist. “Have I told you how gorgeous you are? I’ll never get tired of telling you that I’m so in love with you babe.” Kim rested her arms on his shoulders. “I love you too babe. My day isn’t complete if I don’t get to be with you. Thanks for always being so wonderful to me.”

Gerald: Thank you for loving me baby. Man, do you have any idea how hard it is to try and control myself right now? I’m really tempted to kiss your luscious lips.

Kim: Gerald, behave! There are kids around!

Gerald: I know. Hey, why don’t we just go back to the room like this morning?

Kim: Mister, I don’t think I should be alone in a room with you while you have that seductive gaze and naughty smirk on your face! (laughed and swam towards the girls.)

They swam for a couple more hours then Mel, Shaina, Joaqui, Kim and Gerald decided to explore the whole resort. They were laughing, making jokes while admiring the fishes in the big pond when a beautiful girl approached Gerald. “Oh my gosh! Baby boy! It is you!”

Gerald: Heather?!

Heather: It’s been ages. You look even hotter since I last saw you. (gave him a tight hug). I’ve missed you baby boy.

Gerald: What are you doing here?

Heather: We’re here for a photoshoot. If you’re not too busy you should come and watch doon lang kami sa pool oh. We’re just on a break but we’ll be starting again soon.

Gerald: I’ll see what my girlfriend wants to do. By the way, this is Kim, the love of my life. These are my classmates Joaqui, Mel and Shaina. We’re here for a class excursion.

Heather: Hi nice to meet you everyone. Kim, you must be one special chick for Gerald to actually introduce you as a girlfriend. I thought he was allergic to that word.

Kim: (“That’s right girl, I’m the girlfriend so you better keep your hands off my man!”) (smiled) Nice to meet you too Heather. Are you a model?

Heather: Yes, actually our photoshoot is just about to start. Do you guys want to watch?

Kim: Wow, sure! Uhm…how did you know Gerald?

Heather: Well, meron bang hindi nakakakilala kay baby boy? Alam nyo naman siguro yan when it comes to chicks--

“We met at a modelling agency”, Gerald quickly interrupted.

Kim: You did modelling?

Gerald: Once lang, para sa catalogue. The photographer saw me at a mall and I thought I’d give it a try. I didn’t like it though, nakakapagod trying to project a few different emotions on your face. I guess it’s just not for me.

Heather: You just needed a little training sweetie. You would make a great model, ang gwapo talaga ng baby boy ko eh. (pinched his cheeks)

They stayed for the photoshoot and enjoyed watching the models pose and strut their stuff. Kim noticed that Heather kept gazing at Gerald while getting her shots taken. She was giving him flirty smiles but Kim chose to brush it off. Gerald was right behind her holding her tight. She was curious of his reactions but she didn’t have the guts to turn around. She was too afraid that she might not like what she will see. (“Why am I jealous? She’s much older than us at parang big sister lang naman sya ni Ge. Kaya nga siguro baby boy tawag nya kasi she considers Gerald as her little bother. She’s probably just trying to project that look for the camera.”)

Gerald was feeling awkward as he noticed Heather’s smiles. “Babe, this photoshoot will take a while. I’d rather spend my time cuddling with you. Do you mind if we go someplace else?” Kim felt relieved. “Let’s go back to the cottage”.

As they were heading to the cottage, Gerald was very excited anticipating a round two of this morning’s fun. He looked at Kim happily as he was turning the lock. “Gerald, parang may balak ka yatang hindi kanais-nais sa smile mong yan.” He gave her a quick smack on the lips. “Have I mentioned that I am so in love with you? All I can think of is holding you close and kissing you whenever you’re near.” She smiled. “Only about a million times but I’m sure saying it again and again won’t do you any harm.” He kissed her once more then opened the door, only to find that the room was totally occupied.

Joyce: Hi guys, wanna join our truth or dare game?

Kim: Sure, sounds like fun!

Gerald: Are you sure Kimmy? Wouldn’t you rather go for a walk with me?

Kim: Sorry Ge, I’m a little tired from all that swimming, I’d like to chill muna. You can head out if you want.

Gerald wanted to stay right next to her but he didn’t want to be confronted about his private life especially his past while Kim is listening in. They were trying to establish trust in their relationship and bringing up the past won’t be beneficial to their progress. He gave her a kiss on the cheeks as he said goodbye. He went to the bathroom to look for his hat as the bottle pointed to Matteo. Gerald was heading out the door but immediately halted as he heard the dare. “We dare you to kiss Kim on the cheeks while putting your arms around her waist.” Gerald frowned and walked back into the room. (“Dang! Sometimes I wonder what’s with Lara. Did she really have to think of that dare? At si Kim pa talaga ang pinili knowing that those two were onced involved!”)


Matteo: Grabe yang dare nyo ha, I might get bashed with this tingnan nyo oh, bumalik tuloy si Gerald.

Kim: Matteo naman ang dami mo pang arte dyan kiss lang naman eh. I don’t have a contagious disease and besides, hindi seloso si Gerald. Ok lang yan. Let’s just get this over and done with. Diba Ge?

Gerald couldn’t answer her straight. He knew that Matteo is a good friend, he had played a huge part in reuniting him with Kim. However, Gerald still feels uncomfortable whenever Matteo comes close to Kim. Perhaps it’s the fact that she used to have feelings for him. Or maybe because he was and surely still is in love with her. They shared something special once and the thought still haunts him. “Uhm, of course. I’m not the jealous type and wala naman akong dapat pagselosan diba Kim?”

Kim: See Matt? Ok lang.

Matteo was hesitant. He was dying inside as he felt her so close and yet he knew he couldn’t have her. He messed up once and that was all it took to lose her. Now she belongs to a wonderful guy, someone so dear to her. And he knew she deserves to be happy in love. He had to accept the fact that it’s not him that she deserves. Holding her while his lips were touching her cheek revived all the feelings he had put aside. “Gerald pare, no hard feelings ha? Just playing the game. Talagang tumabi ka agad kay Kim natakot tuloy akong mabugbog mo.”

Gerald: Wala yun dude. (whispered) I better stay right here with my girl, mahirap na.

Kim: What was that?

Gerald: I said, you were right. This is fun kaya I’ll join in na rin.

After the fourth spin, the bottle pointed to Kim’s direction. Mel, who just entered the room volunteered to ask the question. “Have you slept with Gerald?”

Kim: A big fat NO!

Gerald: Ha! That’a a big fat lie so you have to do a dare now!

Everyone: Oh my god! You two have done it?!!

Kim: Ano bang pinagsasabi mo dyan ha Gerald? Not even close! Kung may ginawa ka man, it sure wasn’t with me! Goodness knows which biatch gave you that satisfaction! Sa dami mong girls nalilito ka na, you can't even get it right anymore.

Gerald: Diba ang question was whether you have slept with me? We were sleeping together in the bus on our way here diba? So your answer should be yes. Sleeping lang naman eh. Iba naman yata ang wish mong mangyari.

Kim: Oi kapal mo! Ok fine yes na answer ko.

Everyone: Oooooyyyyy. Kimmy ha ganun na ka-deep ang imaginations mo about Gerald!

Kim: Sama nyo! Humanda ka lang sa akin when it’s your turn Gerald!

Unfortunately the bottle pointed at Kim again and this time, she chose to do a dare.

Joaqui: I dare you to kiss Gerald on the the lips.

Kim: Ay, did I say dare? Cause I meant truth.

Gerald: Oy hindi pwede bawiin. You said dare we all heard it.

Kim: Truth na lang. Promise I’ll answer any question kahit gaano pa kahirap.

Lara: Sige, tell the truth. Have you told Gerald that you love him? Love as in in-luuurve ka ha hindi bilang friend lang.

Gerald: Hala Kimmy. Tell the truth daw! (laughed) Otherwise kiss mo ako!

Kim: Ano ba ang hirap naman ng pinapagawa nyo sa akin.

Joaqui: Haha! It’s pay back time. You dared me before to kiss Joyce on the lips!

Kim looked at Gerald and gave him a quick smack on the lips. Everyone cheered and which turned her cheeks red hot.

Joaqui: Gerald love ka talaga nyan kasi hindi makasagot sa question eh.

After a few spins, the bottle finally landed on Gerald and Kim was quick to blurt out her question. “Out of all the girls you’ve been with, sino ang pinaka-favourite mong maka-bed scene. I’m talking about getting in bed, as in R-rated type of bed scene.” He blushed. With a smile on his face he admitted, “Of course ikaw!”

Everyone: Oyyyy!

Mel: I think that’s our hint to give our lovebirds some privacy.

Kim felt as if her cheeks were burning. She quickly added, “Hindi pa tapos ang question no! I was going to say na excluded ako. You have to pick only one from all your past chicks and since hindi pa naman ako past, I’m not one of the choices.”

Gerald: (whispered) You never will be my past. Just simply my now and forever.

Kim: (blushing even more) O ano? Excited na kami marinig ang answer mo.

Gerald: Kimmy naman eh, hindi ko talaga masagot yan kasi wala naman sa choices ang gusto ko.

Kim: Maniwala ako sayo! Ang dami ng choices mo impossible na kahit isa lang ay wala kang mapili. Ang ganda at y pa ng mga exs mo! You wouldn’t have been with them if you have no plans of getting far with them.

Gerald: Since the start of schoolyear, there’s only one girl that I really want to be with. And I don’t want to be in trouble with my special girl so I don’t want to answer that question kasi wala naman talaga. Selosa ka pa naman.

Kim: Hindi ah, bakit naman ako magseselos? One name lang naman arte arte mo.

Gerald: Okay siguro since she was my first girlfriend si Brittany na lang.

Kim: Now I know how you will react if you two meet and she asks you to go back to her place for a bed scene! (She knew she was asking for that response but what she didn’t expect was how she would feel when he answered the question. She turned towards Matteo and grabbed the bottle to spin).

Gerald: Diba sabi mo hindi ka magseselos? (hugged her) Baby, let’s go somewhere and talk muna.

Kim didn’t respond and just spun the bottle. “Fred, truth or dare?” She smiled at Fred and still ignored Gerald’s plea.

Joaqui: Out of all the girls in the room here, sino ang gusto mong maka bed-scene?

Kim: Copy cat!

Fred: Sige para makabawi naman si Kimmy, si Kim ang pipiliin ko.

Joyce: Oy Fred ha, I never knew you had a thing for Kim!

Matteo: That’s understandable, you are all pretty naman pero I think ang lakas talaga ng appeal ni Kimmy. Kahit wholesome ang dating nya very attractive pa rin. There’s something about her that makes men want to take care of her.

Kim: Aw, thanks Matt that’s so sweet of you to say that. (She purposely leaned her head on his shoulder to show off to Gerald.)

Gerald: Kimmy please if you don’t want to talk in private I’ll say everything na lang in front of all our friends.

Kim: Pakialam ko! Better yet, why don’t you go find your first love and talk to her in private?

Gerald: This is exactly why I didn’t want to answer that question. Babe kinikilig ako when you’re jealous because it shows that you really love me. Pero at the same time I hate the feeling of you getting hurt for absolutely no real reason. None of the girls in my past mean anything to me. I never knew how to love until you came along and that’s the honest truth. Kaya nga nahihirapan akong mag-choose ng name eh kasi wala talaga sa kanila ang gusto kong makasama ngayon, ikaw lang talaga. There is absolutely no reason to be jealous about. (He held her face in his hands) Deep in your heart I know that you can feel how much I love you.

Kim felt nervous as Gerald’s face was getting closer and closer. She regretted not taking up his offer of a private talk. She didn’t mind having everything out in the open. Her only problem was she was too embarrassed to find a decent response. She could hear her friends teasing. This was definitely not the place to air their dirty laundry. “Gerald, binibiro lang kita. I really don’t mind kahit sino pa ang gusto mong makasama, hinding hindi ako magseselos. So chill ok? Wa’g kang mag-emote emote dyan, drama queen naman nito.”

They were definitely not the sort of words he wanted to hear. Gerald wanted to ask her to go someplace else, just the two of them. He looked at her for a second then came to a conclusion to just play along for now. He didn’t want to show his friends that he was hurt. “As long as we’re ok.” The bottle went back to Kim. She gladly accepted her dare of holding Gerald in her arms throughout the whole game. She had wanted to give him a hug. He looked a little disappointed at her response and had been quiet eversince. She thought that a hug from her might ease his disappointment. She was content to see him smile again. After a few more of their friends had their turn, they decided to head out to meet the whole class for dinner. Kim noticed that Gerald was a bit distant during dinner. He didn’t even hold her hand under the table like he did at lunchtime.

As they were walking back to the cottage, Kim decided to swallow her pride and find a way to confront Gerald.

Kim: Babe do you want to go for a walk?

Gerald: Uhm, ok.

They found a little secluded place and sat down on the hammock. Kim wanted to initiate the conversation but couldn’t get the words out. They sat in the hammock in silence, occasionally glancing at each other but somehow they felt as if they have talked all night. Gerald intertwined his fingers with hers and smiled. “You know babe? I don’t want you to get hurt but natatakot ako when you said na hindi ka na magseselos. Not only because you’re cute when you’re jealous but because I can feel how much I mean to you when you’re jealous. I like the feeling that you don’t want anybody else to be with me.”

Kim settled her legs to lie down on the hammock. “You wanna lie down here for a while with me? This is a great spot to star gaze.” He did as he was told. She leaned her head on his chest which made him smile. For him, no words need to be said. Her hug says it all. “Babe, I’m sorry. I didn’t like the feeling that had gotten over me when I heard you say somebody else’s name. You do mean a lot to me. I know you’re upset with me. Please tell me how I can make it up to you?”

Gerald: Babe, of course I’m not upset. I just got nervous when you said ok lang sayo kung may kasama akong iba. I thought maybe ayaw mo na sa akin. Kasi it’s not okay for me to see you with another guy. I just kept things to myself earlier pero talagang nainis ako kay Matteo kahit na he’s a good friend. Ganun kita kamahal.

Kim lifted her face to bring her lips close to his. He held her in his arms, closed his eyes and kissed her tenderly. She then gave him sweet little kisses on his lips and smiled. “Babe, I love you okay? If it makes you feel any better, ok I admit. I do get jealous. Kahit na alam kong hindi mo pinapansin ang mga nagpapacute sayo, I still get jealous when girls throw themselves at you. I do love you that much.” Gerald hugged her tighter. “I know that babe, I can see it in your reactions naman.” He kissed her again. This time a longer, more sensual kiss. She didn’t care that she was on top of him and anyone could walk by and see them. They wanted and needed each other so badly and they were’nt afraid to show it. Gerald loved the feeling of snuggling with Kim, breathing in her sweet, alluring scent. She felt so secure and warm in his arms. They were madly in love and they loved being engulfed with this feeling. They held each other and watched the stars for a while then decided to head back to the cottage, holding hands.

When they got to the room they found the girls hiding behind the blanket. Gerald noticed the tv and laughed.

Gerald: Kaya pala nagtatago kayo “The Ring” kasi pinapanood.

Kim: Oh I love this movie! I still get so terrified whenever I see Samara. Babe, do you wanna stay for a little and watch the movie?

Gerald was overwhelmed with gladness. Snuggling in bed with the love of his life? As if he’d decline. “Sure. I can protect my baby from Samara.” They settled in the unoccupied bed. Gerald wrapped his arms around her and smiled as she hid her face under the covers. She would emerge from the blanket when the scary part is over. He thought that was adorable. “I don’t get you girls. How can you enjoy a scary movie when you don’t actually get to see the scary parts?”

Kim: The thought that a scary part is coming up is scary and enjoyable enough for me! Besides we’ve seen this movie before. The first time I watched this I didn’t actually miss the scary bits.

Gerald gave her a quick smack on the lips and pinched her cheeks. “You are soooo cute! Don’t worry babe I’ll be right here, I won’t let anything bad happen to you. I’ll take care of you.” She smiled. “That’s why I love you Mr. Anderson. I know that you won’t mind if I feed you to the ghost so that I have enough time to run away.” “How nasty, di bale makain ako as long as you can save yourself?” She couldn’t help but laugh. “Baby I have faith in you. You’re like my superhero, strong and powerful so I know the ghost has nothing on you.” “Galing mo talagang mambola. Sige na nga.” He held her tight throughout the movie. As the movie was coming to an end, he wondered why she had not said a word nor peeped from the blanket. He was mezmerised gazing at her gorgeous face while she was deep in her slumber. He layed her down in a more comfortable position and adjusted her head to fit comfortably on his chest. He held her and didn’t ever want to let go. He closed his eyes and prayed that she will stay wrapped up in his arms forever. He couldn’t believe how lucky he is that he got to be with the most wonderful girl. He was a man obsessed. He couldn’t get enough of her scent, he loved the feel of her soft silky skin, he loved enjoying every single second of the day being in love with her. He caressed her face and her hair while he was drowning in his feelings of love.

Joyce: Girls nakatulog na ang lovebirds natin.

Shaina: Aww, ang sweet naman nila tingnan. Gusto ko na ring magka-boyfriend, nakaka-inggit kasi sila eh. Gusto ko rin may ka-hug sa bed ng ganyan.

Kim wondered why there were arms holding her tight in the middle of the night. She then realized that Gerald was sleeping right next to her and she has holding on to him. She knew she had to send him back to his room. It wouldn’t be right not to. “Babe? Gerald. Babe wake up.”

Gerald: Hmmm.

Kim: Gerald, you need to move. You’re in my bed.

Realizing that he was hearing Kim’s voice, he forced himself to wake up. “Sorry babe ha, I didn’t realize nakatulog na pala ako. It feels so great sleeping next to you baby.” He hugged her tigher and she couldn’t deny how happy she felt in his arms. She felt so safe closing her eyes knowing that Gerald was there, holding on. “Ge, you need to get back to your room.”

Gerald: But it feels so cosy snuggling in bed with you.

Kim: Still, what will people say if they find out that you spent the night in bed with me?

“Fine.” He hesitantly sat up. Kim pulled him back down. She missed his hugs already. “Maybe just one more quick hug?”

Gerald: Once you’re in my arms again, I won’t be able to let go.

What the heck, it felt too good to stay in his arms. “Okay”, she whispered shyly. Gerald was thrilled to hold her tight and cuddle her to sleep. “Thanks for not letting me walk out the door babe. I love you.” He kissed her gently and they held each other blissfully.