Dance Floor Blues

You're Still The One

Just as planned, their whole week went very well which involved sightseeing, picnics, trips to Bondi Beach, the Zoo, Darling Harbour and they even got to try the Gold Class Cinemas. Gerald had been successful with his plans to romance and satisfy Kim every night so that she will find it very hard to replace him. He was indeed making it very hard for her to say goodbye. Gerald particularly enjoyed taking her to the revolving restaurant at the Centerpoint Tower for dinner where they got a 360° view of the whole city at night. It was definitely a magical night full of romance and passion. Kim didn’t let a single minute come to waste as she instantly plunged straight into him, ping and ing all the hindering garments the moment they got to the door. She violently threw him on the couch and had her way with him. Gerald just sat back and let her take over as she pleasured him in a way that he will never forget.

He could not believe how lucky he was to have a girlfriend as wonderful as her. She was certainly one of a kind, a surprise package in every aspect. She has that innocent yet extremely y characteristic about her, particularly in bed. Her kisses alone are enough to pleasure him in ways unimaginable. No one can stimulate him the way she can. He was thankful that they were alone in that big house because there was no way he could hold his loud moans and screams! He had no self control at that time as he was taken to another dimension.

Kim: Babe, my friends called and since it’s Saturday night, they want to go clubbing. Are you cool with that?

Gerald: Sure. I want to get a taste of the nightlife here so I know exactly what it involves when you call me up later and tell me that you went clubbing. Pero teka, we’re both underage, you have to be 18 to get in, right?

Kim: All taken care of baby. Liv’s got our fake IDs. Just remember your new year of birth in case the bouncers ask.

Gerald: My God! I think I’m staying here with you, with the kind of things you and your friends get up to!

Kim: Baby, ayan ka na naman.

Gerald: Okay, okay! I’ll think positive na. Sorry babe, I know I promised not to discuss those issues until the last day but I can’t help it sometimes. That’s all that’s on my head right now.

Kim: Kaya nga mag-ready ka na and let’s go dancing to distract you from those thoughts.

Gerald enjoyed the company of Kim’s friends. They were definitely fun and easy going, he didn’t have any trouble getting along with any of them. He loved the club as well. They were able to get to the VIP room upstairs which had a swimming pool on the dance floor! A lot of rich men hang out on that section and Liv and Jaimie being two gorgeous blondes did not have trouble scoring free drinks from the guys. Watching her friends kissing random guys got Gerald even more worried thinking about these girls’ night out when he’s not around. (“I guess I just have to trust her. I know she’s not that kind of girl anyway. She does have Filipino values. She wouldn’t do anything to hurt me.”)

An hour later, Liv’s ex and Jake showed up. Gerald made sure that his arms never left Kim’s waist. He didn’t like the way Jake came across as if he was too familiar with Kim and flirty even! He wanted to show him that Kim is off limits. He felt at ease that she was very sweet to him the whole night as well. They couldn’t get their arms and lips off each other even in the middle of the dance floor.

Gerald: I love you baby. I love holding you close.

Kim: I love you too babe. And as much as I love this song, I’m so busting for the toilet.

Gerald: I’m glad you said that. I’ve been holding this beer in for God knows how long. Kanina pa kasi tayong nagsasayaw and I didn’t want to let go. My kidneys are hurting.

Kim: Sira! Magkakasakit ka nyan! Halika na nga!

Gerald headed straight outside of the girls’ bathroom but there was no sign of Kim. He didn’t want to hang around there for too long as some girls were starting to check him out thinking that he might be there to pick up. He felt relieved as he managed to find Liv.

Gerald: Hey Olivia, have you seen Kim?

Liv: No, sorry hun. Check out the bar area, she might just be getting some drinks.

Gerald went to the bar and ended up ordering some drinks but still unable to find Kim. He went back to the table where Liv and Jaimie were sitting and handed them their drinks.

Liv: Any luck?

He simply shook his head, getting agitated thinking that she could be dancing with some random guy or even worse, Jake.

Jaimie: Don’t worry hun, she knows this is our area, she knows where to find us. Just hang with us for a while, we’ll look after you.

***********************************************************

It took a while for Kim to use the toilet since like usual, the girls’ bathroom was packed. It didn’t surprise her that Gerald was not able to wait. It wasn’t really the greatest idea for a guy to be hanging outside the ladies’ unless he was after some clubbin’ action. She headed to the bar to get a drink before looking for him.

Jake: Hey there gorgeous, what are you getting? My shout.

Kim: Hey Jake! It’s all good, I’ll get it.

Jake: No, my shout. I’ll get upset if you decline.

Kim: Okay then, I’ll just have a Bombay Sapphire and lemonade but the next one’s on me okay?

Jake: Cool. Hey do you wanna get shots? Is QF still your favourite?

Kim: Sure is!

Jake: There’s an empty spot over there. Let’s chat for a while and catch up.

Kim: Sounds good but I should find my lost boyfriend first.

Jake: Oh Gerald’s fine. Your man’s having some drinks with Liv , Jaimie and Tristan, he’s having fun.

Jake: So, how’s everything? How are things with your mom?

Kim: Same old, same old. At least she never fails to provide the financial support so I guess that’s her way of showing love. She’s in Paris with potential husband-number-five this time. How about you? It’s so strange that so far since I got here, you haven’t shown up with a girlfriend.

Jake: Haven’t you received the memo? I’m a good boy now.

Kim: Bull! Since when?

Jake: Since 6 days ago. Apparently Cosmo declared that good boys are the in thing this season. Who am I to go against every girl’s bible?

Kim: Oh sure! Why am I having a hard time believing the words coming out of your mouth? Seriously, there are heaps of hot chicks around tonight, not once have I noticed you try to pick up! It’s like I’m in a twilight zone or something!

Jake: Hehe.. . Kim, you haven’t changed a bit. You still pick on me every chance you get. That’s why we love you!

Kim: While you mister, I am no longer impressed with your skills. You’ve lost your touch man, you can’t even get one number!

Jake: I told you, I don’t play those games anymore.

Kim: Whatever you say Jake. Don’t think I didn’t notice you checking out that brunette that just went pass a second ago.

Jake: She’s not too bad. I guess I’d turn lesbian for her if I were a girl.

Kim: She’s hot man, go for it!

Jake: Nah, I don’t want you thinking of me as a womanizing pig.

Kim: Since when do you care what I think? Seriously how am I going to make fun of you if you have suddenly changed into this goody-goody, so-serious type of guy? Who can I laugh at for the next three years if my main source of entertainment no longer gets blind drunk and makes a fool of himself on a regular basis?

Jake: Whoah! Wait up! You’re staying here for Uni?

Kim: Yeah duh! Why do you think I came back here for?

Jake: Whooo! That’s awesome Kim! I thought you guys are just here for holidays. I could have sworn you said you were only going to be here for two weeks.

Kim: No, Gerald will only be here for another week but I’m staying for the duration of my course. I’m invading your Uni honey, I’m going to Sydney Uni too!

Jake: I knew it! You are still so into me, you can’t help but stalk me.

Kim: What can I say, I come from a family with stalker genes. It’s in the blood.

Jake: Woman don’t freak me out! I think I should stop putting off those karate classes I’ve been meaning to attend!

Kim: Heehee.. By the way, your stalker might need to hitch a ride with you to uni since I still need to get my Learner’s license.

Jake: Great. I’ll be stuck with a psychotic, stalking, hitch hiker!

Kim: Don’t worry I’ll make sure you’re still in one piece at least until I graduate…or when I get my Provisional license, whichever one comes first. Hehe… Hey, we should go find our friends, we’ve been here for a while.

***********************************************************

Kim snuck up behind Gerald and surprised him with a hug and a kiss on his cheek. “Hey babe, missed me?”

Gerald: Baby, where have you been?

Kim: Jake here wanted to have a few drinks. He’s having trouble picking up chicks, maybe you should show him some of your smooth moves! Hehe..

Jake: Well, if they worked on you, it might be worth learning a thing or two from Gerald.

Gerald: Oh my smooth moves wasn‘t necessary with her.

Jake: Oh how could I forget? She would have worked her smooth moves on you before you could even start!

Kim: Hey! Are you implying that I’m easy? Who resorted to the most corny and gay stunts just so he could score with me?

She started walking away acting irritated.

Gerald was quick to follow and wrapped his arms tightly around her waist. “Baby, I was mocking around.” He kissed her cheek. “Forgive me?” Kim just glared at him. He turned her around and kissed her lovingly on the lips. “Now am I forgiven?”

Kim: I’ll think about it.

Gerald kissed her again.

Kim: Gerald what are you doing? (whispered) In case you haven’t noticed, my friends are watching you know.

Gerald: I’ll keep kissing you until I’m no longer in trouble.

Kim: Okay, okay. You’re not in trouble.


Liv: Aww, you guys are sweet. Kim your boyfriend is such a cutie.

Kim: He’s adorable, right? I hope you guys haven’t terrified him or said anything bad about me!

Jaimie: Don’t worry, we kept the worse stuff for later. We just told him the basic of what we got up to back in Year 8.

Kim: Huh?! Baby, whatever they said to you, technically they were all lies.

Gerald: You don’t even know what they said yet but you’re already blushing!

Kim: I swear you guys! If any of you said anything to tarnish my dignity, I know where you all live!

Liv: Wow, Kimmy I didn’t think that word was even in our vocabulary!

Jake: Puhleeze! You and dignity in the same sentence?!

Kim: Hey, I’m Mother Theresa compared to you guys!

Gerald continued to hold her tight as he laughed along and joined their friendly banter. He was glad that at least although he won’t be around to look after her, Kim had some great friends to turn to. His only problem was the fact that she remained close to Jake. He found out from Kim’s friends that Kim and Jake had a history together. Seeing them laugh at each other’s jokes really got him worried.

He had always thought that he was the only guy that she could have that certain chemistry with. That he was the only guy that can make her laugh until her stomach hurts…the only guy that she can get along so well with. Now by the looks of it, he thought wrong. He thought he was ahead of others. Looks can fade but their natural chemistry, his ability to make her laugh with just his simple words, he thought those were his greatest weapons against the other guys. If tons of other Aussie guys can do exactly just that, can do what he could for her, then what’s stopping her from shifting her attention to those guys? He had never felt more insecure in his life. He studied Jake from head to toe. His features were so close to perfection, it made him want to run to the nearest gym and get a membership.