Chapter 32

You're Still The One

The little fashion show started well. Kim didn’t really want to be in the audience, she preferred to be in the swimming pool or enjoying the water rides than to waste her time sitting still. However she didn’t want Gerald to think that she had issues with him and Heather among other things so she had to make an appearance. Finally the show was coming to an end. She couldn’t wait to make an exit and just swim to her heart’s content. Gerald was on stage along with 6 other models when suddenly, part of the stage ceiling collapsed. The lights on the stage went out. The models were guided towards the backstage and the host quickly ended the show. Kim’s heart was beating faster and faster. Deep concern overcame her. “What if something happened to him? Sana ok lang sya.” She ran towards the back of the stage while others were heading out of the room. “Gerald! Gerald! Where are you? Gerald!” One of the organizers stopped her. Sorry miss you can’t get backstage para lang yan sa mga models.” She was crying now, feeling so helpless. “I just want to know if Gerald is okay. Please madam if you can’t let me in, just please find out for me if he’s alright?” The lady looked at her and smiled. I’m sure if he’s hurt it’s nothing too serious iha. Part of the ceiling collapsed and a couple of props fell. Some models got hit but no one seemed to need serious medical assistance. They would be taken care of backstage anyway so wa’g ka nang mag-alala. She decided to stay behind for a couple of minutes. She headed for the door to leave when she caught sight of him. There he was, right next to the stage. She ran straight to him and hugged him so tight, tears still falling down her cheeks. “Gerald! Thank God you’re alright!” She held on to him and couldn’t seem to allow herself to let go. He loved the feel of her embrace. He held her tight. He could feel how much she really cares for him. “Babe? Why are you crying?” She looked at him, inspecting for any signs of medical attention. “Are you okay? Did you get hurt?” Gerald couldn’t hide his happiness. (“She cares so much, she really does love me.”) He smiled. “Im fine babe. My arm got hit and bruised a little bit pero nothing serious. Stop worrying ok?”

Kim: Let me see your arm. Ouch! (touched his arm gently).

Gerald: It hurts babe, can you kiss it better?

Kim: Don’t be such a baby Ge! Ang liit lang kaya nyan.

Gerald: Masakit talaga eh. Kawawa naman ako, unloved, unwanted and hurt. (He started walking away).

Kim: Halika nga! (She gently kissed his arm.) There. No more whining ok, big baby?

Gerald: I’m so happy kasi mahal talaga ako ng babe ko. (Hugged her and kissed her cheeks.)

Kim: Ewan ko sayo. Makaalis na nga, kanina ko pa gusto mag-swimming.

Gerald: Babe wait for me please. Kakausapin pa ako ni tito Boy eh.

Kim: Meet you at the pool na lang.

Gerald joined Kim and friends in the pool, making the most of their last night in the resort. She payed minimal attention to him, focusing more on laughing and talking to the girls. After a while, he couldn’t deal with the cold treatment anymore so he stood right behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist. She didn’t try to push him away so he stayed right in that position, just resting his chin on her shoulder and pretending to listen to the girls’ conversation.

Shaina: Kimmy, may nakadikit, nagpapa-pansin sayo oh.

Kim just smiled and blushed then tried to change the subject by asking Mel some random question.

Joyce: Paano mo nakaya i-dedma yan ang gwapo kaya ng nagpapa-pansin sayo.

Shaina: Ang sweet pa. Kahit hindi masyadong kagwapohan, kasing sweet lang ng honey mo, hindi ko talaga makayang e-ignore.

Kim: In fairness talagang gwapo naman to, ang ganda ng eyes and his cheeks are so soft, parang baby (touched his cheek without turning back to look at him).

Mel: Don’t forget your favourite part, ang ganda ng lips!

Gerald was turning bright red. The girls were talking about him as if he wasn’t there. He thought about swimming away but at the same he didn’t want to let go of Kim. She might disappear again like she did earlier. Besides, hearing Kim’s praises was making his heart flutter.

Kim: Hay naku, hindi na talaga ako papatol sa mga gwapong katulad nito (held his chin). Ayoko ng guy na twenty-four-seven kailangan bantayan dahil palaging hinahabol ng chicks.

Gerald: Kasalanan ba talaga ang ipanganak akong gwapo? I don’t hold it against you na maganda ka at maraming guys ang umaaligid sayo.

Kim: Gwapo na ang kapal pa!

Gerald: Babe, if I have to undergo plastic surgery I’ll do it if that’s the only way that I can be with you.

Girls: No way!

Shaina: Naku wa’g na wa’g mo yang gawin, utang na loob.

Kim: Don’t you dare! Sige na nga I’ll stay with you, wa’g mo lang galawin ang pretty face mo, ok? (She looked back to see his reaction.)

Gerald: Talaga ha? Wa’g mo akong iwan?

Kim: Kung magpakatino ka I’ll stay.

They swam and played games for a while then Mr. Rivera asked the whole class to get back to their cottages. Kim and the girls couldn’t sleep so they decided to play cards for a while. They took the opportunity to bond and catch up with each other’s lovelives.

Mel: I thought it was just me, you noticed it too! Lalo na pag nag-picture taking tayo, akbay agad si Joaqui sa kanya eh.

Kim: Wa’g ka nang magtago dyan sa pillow Joyce, obvious naman na blushing to death ka. Oh Mel, our little girl is growing up, marunong nang ma in-love!

Joyce: Hoy grabe naman kayo, crush ko lang sya no! Kayo lang naman ni Mel ang talagang may lovelife dito.

Shaina: Actually I’ve been curious for a while now, Kimmy, how far have you gone with Gerald exactly? Mag-share ka naman dyan para when we meet our “Mr. Right”, we know who to call for advice.

Kim: Nakakahiya eh. Besides we are still so young I don’t think he’s my ‘Mr. Right’.

Mel: Mr. Right Now! (laughing)

Kim: Mr. He’ll Do for Now! (laughing)

Shaina: Whoah! Girlfriend! I can see who the badder half between the two of you is! Anyways don’t try to change the topic, we’re waiting for your details.

Kim: Second base, I guess.

Girls: WAAAAHHHHHH!!

Shaina: As in hands in concealed places? In places where hands shouldn’t normally be in?

Kim: As in skin on skin!

Joyce: WHHHHAAATTT?!! How does it feel na ma-touch for the very first time? Like a ba? Hehehe…

Mel: Naku, I doubt she would even still remember what a feels like!

Joyce: Kimmy?!! Did I miss something? Have you done it?

Kim: Mel you’re so dead that was supposed to be our secret!

Mel: Eh nagkabukingan na so I thought ok lang sayo.

Kim: Ok fine, pero not with Gerald huh.

Shaina: You cheated on him?

Kim: Before ko pa sya na meet. Remember Jake, the guy I was seeing in Sydney? Well, I was sorta drunk one night and I was trying to fit in, trying to start a new life in a foreign place so yun.

Mel: Yeah, I guess losing your ity is one way of starting a new life. Hehehe…

Kim: Si Mel na lang i-interview natin.

Mel: Mas interesting mga details mo eh. Sa akin naman hanggang kisses lang kami ni Matt.

Kim: Palagi mo kasing inaaway kaya takot kahit man lang makipag-holding hands sayo.

Shaina: I think mas takot sya when Mel makes her move. Grabe naman kasi eto, basta na lang sumusugod na walang warning. Remember napalundag talaga si Matt when Mel suddenly grabbed his, uhm, weapon? Ang dami pa namang tao nun. I can just imagine kung kayo lang dalawa, dominatrix ang dating mo!

Mel: Pag kami lang dalawa nate-tense ako eh. Good girl naman talaga ako, takot nga akong mawalan ng saplot. Yung kissing scenes nga namin super tame hindi kagaya ng iba dyan a.k.a Kim and Gerald na kung magtukaan.

Kim: Ginawa mo naman kaming manok! Puhleeze, ikaw good girl?

Mel: Bigyan mo naman kami ng tips on how to be baaad! Hindi ka ba kinabahan when he starts, you know, taking it all off? Anong feeling when you saw his, uhm, package?

Kim: As I said, I was a little drunk. Kinabahan ako pero checking out his package didn’t even cross my mind. Dark din naman ang room eh halos wala akong nakita. I don’t really wanna go in details, man, it’s way too private.

Shaina: We want to learn a thing or two about these things. You’re the only qua lified -ed teacher in this room.

Mel: Naku if I were you hindi ko talaga makayang hindi i-check. Chance mo na kaya yang makakita ng real manhood. Labas ang flash light kung kinakailangan! Ma-turn off yung guy sa akin, sira ang moment kasi tatawa talaga ako once makita ko.

Shaina: Ako rin kasi we can’t even stop laughing now even just talking about it.

Kim: Why do I get the feeling that Mel’s greatest wish is to see a guy’s, uhm, how can I put this delicately? Genetalia ? Pati yata si Joyce eh, she’s blushing. Ano Joyce? Which body part ni Joaqui attracts you most?

Joyce: Ikaw Kim? Who’s package is more appealing kay Jake, Matteo or Gerald?

They all jumped and screamed when they suddenly heard a knock on the door. “AAAAHHHH!!!”

Kim opened the door and they were surprised to see the guys. As if they were hypnotized, their eyes were all directed to the same place.

Joaqui: Hi girls! Bakit parang nakakita kayo ng multo? What were you girls talking about at grabe kayo kung makasigaw?

Mel: Ah eh, we were just playing cards.

Matteo: Parang ang saya ng tawanan nyo. Pwede ba kaming sumali, we can’t sleep kasi.

The girls looked at each other and bursted out laughing.

Gerald: Anong nangyari sa mga to? Have you girls been drinking? Lasing kayo no? Kaya siguro ang red ng cheeks nyo!

Mel: Oo lasing kami kahit walang access to alcoholic drinks. Hehe…

Kim: What are you guys doing here?

Gerald: Eh kasi we couldn’t sleep so we thought of joining you guys.

Rob: Si Gerald naman talaga ang gustong mag-punta rito kasi hindi sya makatulog na hindi katabi ang babe nya. Dinamay lang kami nito para kunyari may excuse sya.

Gerald: (blushed) Rob, wa’g mo naman akong i-buking!

Kim: Hehehe… too late sira na ang diskarte mo.

Shaina: Oy teacher Kim get in bed na, pwede ka na mag-start ng class oh. Andyan na specimen mo for demonstration purposes. Hehe..

Kim: Shaina!!

Matteo: Bed and specimen in the same sentence? Kaya pala ang saya nyo at hindi makatulog ha! Naku Gerald mukhang pagpalain ka yata tonight. May nais mag-demonstrate. Kaya pala sa lower front namin kayo nakatingin kanina! Don’t think I didn’t notice!

Kim: Hindi ah. You’re so dirty minded Matteo.

Joaqui: I think I’d like to stay here tonight. There’s a possibility that I might get lucky. Gusto ko rin masali sa demonstration!

Joyce: Kayo talaga demonstration ng card game lang, tinuturuan kami ni Kim. If you guys are here to watch tv or join our card game, welcome kayo. That’s all we have to offer okay? Take it or leave it.

They stayed up till past midnight playing cards and chatting. When the guys left to get back to their rooms, Gerald tried to convince Kim if he could join her in bed. This time he didn’t succeed. She was still somewhat distant even though he got to keep his arms around her during the game.

Kim: Gerald, it’s late and they won’t wait for you all night. Inaantok na si Joaqui oh, get in your room.

Gerald: Sige na nga pero you have to give me a looong goodnight kiss.

He held her face, closed his eyes and leaned forward to kiss her. He suddenly felt her lips on his cheek.

Kim: Goodnight Gerald.

Gerald: Hey, what was that? I want a real kiss.

Kim: That’s my goodnight kiss. Take it or leave it.

Gerald: Babe, what’s going on with us?

Kim: We’re tired and we need some sleep so get back to your room na so I can hit the sack as well.

Gerald: Tell me you love me?

She went quiet for a few seconds. Of course she loves him but things are going too fast. She has some serious thinking to do. He had that disappointed look on his face, hurt and wondering why it seemed to be a challenge for her to say those words. Since they have been together, she had never really choked on those words. What’s changed? “Is she hiding something from me?” Finally she let out a quick sigh. “I love you”.

Gerald: Are you sure? Do you need more time to think about it?

Kim: What is that supposed to mean?

Gerald: Nothing. Don’t mind me, I’m just getting sleepy. Goodnight.

He kissed her on the right cheek and whispered, “I love you Kim”.