Chapter 11

You're Still The One

Gerald: Hi Ate Jada, is Kim home yet?

Jada: Hi Gerald, oo nandun sa room nya puntahan mo na lang.

Gerald: Kimmy? Kim. (knocking on her door)
He opened the door and saw Kim on her bed, asleep. It was his first time in her room and was so amazed at how big her room is! His heart skipped a beat when he noticed a picture of the two of them in her bedside table. He smiled as he recalled that wonderful day at the park. “Sa dami pa naming pictures together, nagkataon pa talaga na pareho pala ang napili naming pictures na nakaframe sa rooms namin.” He sat down next to her on her bed and gently her hair. “She looks like an angel. I could just sit here all night and watch her sleep. Ang swerte ko talaga to find someone as beautiful and special as her. I love you Kim, kung alam mo lang.” As he gently touched her soft cheeks, Kim opened her eyes.

Kim: Grabe na to, malala na talaga ako. Kahit awake na ako face pa rin ni Gerald ang nakikita ko.

Gerald smiled at kinilig sa narinig nya. “She’s been dreaming about me?”

Kim closed her eyes again. Then she felt someone her hair and heard Gerald’s voice saying, “Kimmy it’s me.” She felt so excited at the thought that Gerald is actually in her room that she didn’t want to open her eyes…afraid at the thought that when she does, he’ll vanish into thin air as it’s all a part of a beautiful dream.

Kim: Gerald! You’re really here in my room? What are you doing here?

Gerald: Sorry to barge in like this ha. Pinapasok ako ni ate Jada, I just really need to see you.

Kim: Eh kasi ikaw you didn’t show up in school for 2 days yan na-miss mo tuloy ako. (smile). Is everything ok Ge, are you sick? Hindi ka man lang nag reply sa texts ko.

Gerald: Sorry ha, I needed some time to myself kasi…I was soo depressed.

Kim: Ha? Why?

Gerald: Because of you and Enchong.

Kim: You know there’s nothing going on between him and me, right? Friends lang kami. Ni hindi ko pa nga sya talagang kilala eh. Teka, nagseselos ka ba?

Gerald: Jealous? Sorry honey but I’m not the jealous type. (Thought for a second then raised an eyebrow.) Why? Meron bang reason na magselos ako?

Kim: Syempre wala no! He’s nice and all, dami ngang girls naghahabol dun pero I really don’t like him that way.

Gerald: Talaga ha? (looked down, he couldn’t hide the sadness on his face).

Kim: Gerald, wag na namang sad dyan oh. (Stood right in front of him, looked him in the eyes and held his hands.) You know I care about you. I don’t want to see you like this. Tell me what I can do to make you feel better. Bakit ka nagkaganito ha?

Gerald: Kasi I’m such a coward, I didn’t have the guts to tell you how I really feel. I was too afraid that things will change between us if I tell you how much I love you. Natatakot ako na you’ll avoid me, I didn’t want to lose you. I need you in my life, I don’t know what I’ll do if hindi ka na makipag-close sa akin. I was also afraid na sabihin mo na friendship lang talaga ang mai-offer mo and nothing else. But I now realized na I could lose you by being such a stupid coward.

Kim: (shocked to hear that Gerald finally said those words she’s been longing to hear.)
Gerald…
(“What’s wrong with me? This is what I’ve been waiting to hear from him right? Pero bakit ganito ang nararamdaman ko? Speechless at wala akong maisip na response? My heart is beating fast and I’m getting weak in the knees but at the same time I can’t get myself to move or say anything back. Kim ano ka ba? This is your moment!”)

Gerald: Kim. Are you mad at me?

Kim: Huh?

Kim let go of his hands and gave him a tight embrace. Gerald hugged her back. They just hugged there for about 10 minutes without letting go of each other or saying a word.

“She smells so sweet. Wish we could stay like this forever.”

Gerald: I love you Kimmy.

Kim: (stepped back and faced Gerald). Ge, you are very special to me. As much as my heart is telling me to leap into your arms and enjoy every moment loving you, the common sense side of me is telling me that we shouldn’t rush into things. I need some more time to trust you. Let’s just enjoy each other’s company muna without any commitments kasi mahirap na if we commit each other and magkasakitan tayo. I don’t wanna lose you too.

Gerald: I’m willing to wait Kim. I know may reputation ako noon na playboy but I’ll prove to you na I have changed and you’re the only girl that I want to be with. I’ll prove to you that I’m worthy of your trust. And gagalingan ko talaga ang panliligaw ko sayo so you won’t even look twice at any other guy especially kay Enchong.

Kim: Gerald, I thought I’ve told you already na hindi ko type si Enchong in that way. Don’t ever think na competition mo sya, ikaw lang talaga ok?

Gerald: Sige na nga but pwede ka ba mag-promise na hindi ka paligaw kay Enchong? Nasasaktan kasi ako eh.

Kim: Cute mo pala when you’re jealous.

Gerald: Sabi nang hindi ako seloso eh. (turned the other way)

Kim: Oh come here!

(Gerald came close and Kim placed her arms around his neck. Gerald wrapped his arms around her waist and they hugged tightly once again.) “I promise ikaw lang”, Kim whispered.

Gerald: I wish walang school tomorrow para dito na lang ako all night, naka-hug sayo. I love you…