Chapter 39

You're Still The One

Gerald: At last, I finally get a chance na masolo ka! I’ve missed holding you babe!

Kim: You sound as if you haven’t seen me for ages. We’ve seen each other everyday this week. Hindi nga lang tayo nakapag-date but palagi naman tayong magkasama ah.

Gerald: It’s different. We’ve been pre-occupied with the preparations for our school performances. Not once did I get a chance to have a private moment with you the whole week! Tapos whole day pa kita hindi nakita dahil sa band practice mo. I think your loss of freedom is taking its toll on me babe, I’m craving for you even more.

Kim: Sos, ang drama mo naman! Nothing much has changed eh, my aunt had always lived next door and my cousins occasionally sleep over kahit noon pa. The only difference is that the whole family now permanently sleeps over.

Gerald: The big difference is that the time that I can spend with you had been greatly reduced. Don’t get me wrong, I love your cousins, I love playing with them and I’m surprised that I actually get along well with your aunt pero natatakot ako even just to wrap my arms around you when they are around. Nakakatakot kasi ang mga piercing stares ni Mama Layla even when I’m just holding your hands.

Kim: Hehe… I noticed. Ganun talaga yan si Mama, parang si Hitler yan. When I was younger, I used to think that she had a crystal ball and that she had telepathic ability kasi even when I was just thinking about doing something naughty, ni hindi ko pa nagawa, pinagalitan na ako.

Gerald: Exactly! I was just thinking of hugging you pero feeling ko by just looking at her eyes, sinabihan na ako ng ‘don’t even think about it!’. Tapos yung mga side comments nya minsan parang ganun din ang ibig sabihin. She’s actually really nice pero ewan ko ba bakit kahit hawakan ko lang ang hands mo, nagi-guilty ako.

Kim walked up to him and threw her hands over his shoulders. “Nagi-guilty ka ba when we do this?” She gave him one hot, sweltering kiss. “Guilty as charged”, was all he could mumble back as he melted into her lips. She was true to her promise that the moment he could taste her lips again, it was worth the two weeks wait. He let her take charge this time while he just willingly obliged to her advances. “Ohh baby! It drives me crazy when you’re in control. It’s sooo y!”

Kim a bit more with her hot kisses that weren’t necessarily exclusive to his lips. She wasn’t sure what’s gotten into her lately but the whole restricted access ordeal made her feel so wild when she finally had a chance to be intimate with Gerald. She longed for his lips all week but the right opportunity never really came up. The thought of having him so close but yet so far drove her crazy. She had been fantasizing about him lately. She thought that spending less time with Gerald and slowing down a bit would do her some good. Instead, it made her crave for him even more. She wanted to stop before she gets carried away with her feelings but his passionate responses and y moans sure made it way difficult. “I love you babe.”

With his eyes still shut, he whispered back, “I love you too babe. Please don’t stop.”

Kim: Hmm… Down boy! We have to slow down baby otherwise baka mawalan ka ng dangal! Hehe…

Gerald: I don’t mind baby, you can make a man out of me!

Kim: The movie is starting soon, I don’t want to miss the beginning.

Gerald: Mas gusto ko ang mga eksena dito. Let’s ditch the movie and just make our own romantic movie right here, just you and me babe.

Kim: Let’s go na babe, sayang ang tickets. Besides, I’ve been looking forward to seeing this movie.

Gerald: I’ve missed kissing and holding you babe. Minsan na nga lang tayo magka-moments ng ganito, let’s just make the most of it.

Kim: Babe, school holidays na after this week so there will be plenty of time for this later okay?

He gave her another sweet, tender kiss before heading to the car.

Before going in to watch the movie, Kim stood by the doorway as she waited for Gerald who had to make a quick trip to the toilet. She was surprised to see him walk back with a young girl, talking and laughing with her. (“The nerve of this guy! I’m out of his sight for a minute, may pinormahan na agad! Hmpf!”)

“So, this is your girl, huh? She’s pretty.” Kim didn’t know how to take her compliment considering she still had no idea who this girl was. (“Probably one of Gerald’s ex dates, what else is new?”)

Gerald: Yeah, she’s simply amazing! By the way babe, this is Kate. She wanted to meet you.

Kim: Nice to meet you Kate.

Kate: Nice to meet you too Kim. When Gerald started bragging about his girlfriend, I just had to see for myself who this Kim is! Congratulations Ge, you’ve done well.

Gerald: Thanks Kate.

Kate: Well, I better get going, hinahanap na siguro ako nila mama. I was just supposed to have a quick bathroom stop. Good to see you again Ge, it’s been ages! We should catch up soon.

Gerald: Yeah that would be great. Tell Tita and Tito I said hello. Mom and Dad are still in town in the next three weeks so we might drop by your place sometime.

Kate: Great! I’ll definitely let my parents know, I’m sure they’ve missed your folks. See ya later. (Kissed his cheek.)

Kim: Who was that? Seems like you two know each other’s families well.

Gerald: Yeah, their family had been good friends with mine since I was a little kid when we used to live here. Even when we have moved to the states, we still keep in contact with them but we haven’t had a get together for about a year now.

Kim: Oh.

After the movie, Gerald and Kim decided to indulge themselves with a sundae complete with toppings. He noticed Kim was a little distant and had refused everytime he tried to feed her with the ice cream.

Gerald: Babe, are you feeling ok? You’ve been unsually quite.

Kim: Yeah, I’m good. Just enjoying the sundae.

Gerald: You normally get stitches from laughing so much at all my remarks pero parang this time wala kang narinig ni isa sa mga jokes ko. Hmm, halika nga rito. (He moved his chair next to hers and wrapped his arms around her.)

Kim: Gerald, ano ba? They’re all looking at us.

Gerald kept his tight grip on her and whispered, “I love you so much babe. Kimberly Chiu, gaano mo ako kamahal?”

Kim: Ano na namang gimik to ha?

Gerald: Just a simple question, how much do you love me? I just need to know, please?

Kim: Minsan mahal na mahal pero minsan din I hate that I love you Mr. Anderson!

Gerald: Kahit na nagseselos ka, you find it hard to stay mad at me because you are so in love with me, am I right?

Kim: Oh wow! You really think you’re God’s gift to women, don’t cha Mr. Anderson? Kahit na mahal pa kita, I’ll give you up any day kung lokohin mo ako. Besides, what makes you think that I’m jealous? Ano namang pagselosan ko?

Gerald: Baby naman, you know hinding hindi kita lolokohin! I know you babe, you don’t say a word when you’re mad or jealous. Kanina ka pang walang kibo so before you let your imaginations run wild, I just want to re-assure you that Kate had always been and always will be just a family friend. Kahit sino pang babae ang lalapit sa akin, there is really nothing to it kasi never akong magka-interest sa iba. You’re all that I need babe, I don’t need another lover because you are all that I have ever dreamt of and more. It’s you that I love and nothing or no one can change that. Ikaw lang talaga ok?

Kim: It’s none of my business kung sino man ang kausap mo no! Kahit na mag-explain ka ng todo dyan, it won’t make any difference kasi nga I’m not jealous. Syempre when you are watching a movie dapat quiet diba?

Gerald leaned his head on her shoulder. “Selos ka eh. Ayaw mo akong mapunta sa iba. Trust me babe, that won’t ever happen because I only have eyes for you.”

Kim: Bahala ka. Tigilan mo na nga kakadikit mo sa akin, kanina pa tayong tinitingnan ng mga tao.

Gerald: Only if you say that you love me, ako lang and you won’t even look twice at another guy dahil ako lang talaga ang mahal mo.

Kim: Wa’g na. Lalo pang lalaki ang ego mo!

Gerald: Sige i-kiss na lang kita and I’ll shout out for everyone to hear that I love you and you’re the only one for me.

Kim: Don’t you dare!

Gerald pouted his lips and leaned forward to kiss her lips. “Sige na nga! Okay na!”

Gerald: What do you mean, sige na?

Kim: I love you at ikaw lang, ayoko sa iba. There, I said it, happy?

Gerald: Say it like you mean it naman, sakit naman sa damdamin na parang napilitan ka lang.

Kim: She looked at his gorgeous brown eyes and sincerely said, “I love you, Gerald Anderson”.

Gerald: Yan, sweet. Masarap sa puso! I love you, my gorgeous princess. Dapat may kiss din yang kasunod.

Kim: Don’t push it, mister!

They went for a late night walk and kulitan by the beach before Gerald gave Kim a lift home.