Chapter 35

You're Still The One

Still half asleep, Kim thought that her bed was more cozy than usual. She could feel that extra warmth as if someone was embracing her. She then quickly woke up to the realization that Gerald was sleeping right next to her, his body pressed against hers. It felt so warm and nice. She felt butterflies in her stomach and she could hear the loud thumping sounds of her speeding heartbeat as she stared dreamily at his handsome, angelic face. He truly was gorgeous, no doubt about that. She couldn’t believe that this handsome face also comes with a loving, kind-hearted soul. She felt truly blessed to have him. To be held and loved by him. To spend the whole night in his arms. She gently touched his face and planted one sweet kiss on his lips. Even on his sleep he was accustomed to the feel of her lips and he instinctively responded to the kiss. “Wow! I love opening my eyes to stare straight into the face of my gorgeous baby! I wish I get to wake up to this everyday.” He held her face and kissed her again. “Good morning babe. I love you.”

Kim: Looks like someone’s in a good mood this early in the morning. Sorry pala babe, I woke you up. Ang gwapo mo kasi lalo na when you’re asleep, you’re lips were too tempting.

Gerald: Don’t ever be sorry for that babe, I love my wake-up call!

Kim: Ikaw ha, you’re sneaky talaga. Sa kaka-hug mo kagabi nakatulog tuloy ako and you didn’t even wake me up so I could get home!

Gerald: I thought you were pretending to be asleep kasi gusto mo makatabi ako all night.

Kim: Excuse me no! Bakit ko naman gustuhin na makatabi ka all night? Who do you think you are? Bakit gwapo ka ba? y ba ang body mo? Masarap ka bang kayakap? As if I didn’t know na super happy ka na nakatulog ako dahil wish mo na makayakap ako all night!

Gerald: All night and every second of the day. Kasalanan mo lahat eh. Kung hindi ka lang sana sobrang gorgeous, y, enticing and lovable eh di naka-uwi ka sana. (He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her gently.)

Kim: You’re just up to get more kisses diba? As much as I love kissing you babe, I have to get home. It’s 6 am and I still have to drive home and get ready for school.

Gerald: Dito ka na lang mag-ready babe.

Kim: Ano ka ba! Bakit? Do you have a girl’s school uniform?

Gerald: Syempre wala no! I mean dito ka na lang mag-shower and mag-breakfast para when we drive to your place you just have to get changed and grab your bag.

Kim: Ok lang ba sayo if I use your shower?

Gerald: Of course. In fact I have a great idea. To save time, sabay na lang tayo mag-shower. (winked while grinning from ear to ear.)

Kim: You would love that wouldn’t you? Why don’t you hop in the shower so you can get your surprise?

Gerald was shocked and overly excited at the same time. “Really”?

Kim: You better go before I change my mind.

He quickly ran to the shower, not even bothering to close the bathroom door. Kim hurried out of the room as she noticed Gerald undressing. (“Naku I don’t think I’m ready to see him full frontal just yet. Baka mahimatay ako dito. Maka-alis na nga.”) She went downstairs to make breakfast but found that yaya Claire has beaten her to it.

Claire: Good morning iha. Blooming natin ngayon ah. Iba talaga pa’g in love ano? Daig mo pa ang nagpa-facial.

Kim: Good morning po yaya. Hindi naman po. Magkasing-ganda lang tayo.

They laughed and chatted while cooking breakfast. Kim laughed even harder when she noticed Gerald grumpily walking towards the kitchen.

Gerald: What happened to my surprise?

Kim: Tada! Here it is! Breakfast is ready!

Gerald: Ay, ang daya! I actually waited, sumakit nga ang panga ko sa kaka-smile, naubusan na ako ng hot water!

Kim: We made you breakfast tapos hindi mo man lang na-appreciate.


He walked over to her and placed his arms around her neck. “Of course I love that you’ve made this wonderful breakfast babe. Akala ko lang kasi—“ Kim quickly interrupted, “yaya Claire deserves some credit too. She cooked most of these. Let’s eat na para makapag-ready na rin ako.”

Claire: Naloloka talaga ako sa kilig whenever I see you two. Ang sweet nyo kasi. Did you kids get a chance to sleep?

Kim: Syempre naman po.

Claire: Based sa mga sounds na narinig ko kasi parang walang tulugan na nangyari. Teka, you kids are using protection right? Lagot ako nito sa mga parents nyo pa’g bigla silang maagang magka-apo!

Kim and Gerald: Yaya! (Their faces both went red from embarrassment.)

Gerald: Yaya naman, we haven’t gotten that far just yet.

Kim: And we never will for years! We haven’t even talked about that issue. Wala talaga yaya hanggang kiss lang kami.

Claire: Ok lang naman as long as you practice safe . I think you guys will get there much sooner rather than later. Hirap kaya magpigil lalo na when you’re both in love at kasing ganda at gwapo nyo pa. Ako nga I was 18 when I lost my ity. Hirap kasing i-resist na-attract talaga ako sa dirty-look style sa driver ng amo ko noon.

Kim: Yaya, I think that’s too much information for us to digest this early.

Gerald: Sorry yaya but we’re eating. I really don’t want images of you losing your ity in my head.

Kim and Claire: Eeew!

Kim: At talagang you’re picturing it in your head?

Gerald: Naku hindi no! No offense yaya pero we would rather you spare us the details of your wild teenage years.

Claire: Sige na nga pero if you kids ever want advice relating to those matters, I know a thing or two. I could help you when you’re ready. Mag-breakfast nga muna kayo may gagawin pa ako sa labas.

Gerald noticed that throughout breakfast, Kim didn’t meet his gaze, not even once. She was still blushing and hardly said a word.

Gerald: Babe? Look at me.

Kim: Why? What’s wrong?

Gerald: Why can’t you look me in the eyes?

Kim: Nahihiya ako eh. Bakit ba kasi ganun ang mga comments ni yaya?

Gerald: Syempre natural lang naman to think that way. We are very passionate and loving towards each other hindi impossible na we’ll get further than just kissing. I know I make those sort of suggestions babe and I’ve been struggling not to lose control when I’m with you pero I really wouldn’t force you to do anything that you’re not comfortable with. You might have to constantly remind me to stop whenever I go too far pero I’d like you to know that I’m not pressuring you. I’m happy the way we are.

Kim: Yeah, I’m happy too. Let’s just take it one step at a time. I better go have a shower baka ma-late pa tayo.