Birthday Present

You're Still The One

Mel: Sige na Ge, payag ka na please? It’s part of the whole birthday package, pinaghirapan namin to i-organise!

Gerald: Pinagbigyan ko na kayo guys to drag me in here although I really don’t feel like celebrating. I am grateful sa lahat na nagawa nyo for my birthday guys, this resort is great and nag-eenjoy naman ako. Hindi ko na kailangan ito.

Matt: Payag ka na bro. Magugustuhan mo talaga ang massage birthday treat dito. Samahan ka naman namin ni Joaqui eh.

Gerald: I don’t want other girls touching my body!

Mel: Yeah, yeah, we know si Kim lang ang may karapatang maging ganun ka-intimate with you. We have thought of that kaya nga we got a guy masseur for you eh. Kaya wa’g ka nang mag-iinarte dyan and just gratefully take our birthday gift for you no!

Gerald: Fine, fine. At least kung guy yan kahit bading pa, at least I won’t get in trouble with Kim.

The boys took off their shirts and settled on the massage bed. Gerald stiffened the minute the massage person started working her magic on his back. It took him a few moments before he started getting a bit more relaxed and just enjoyed those wonderful hands.

“ Hmm…This is so good! I’m glad I let you guys talk me into this!” With his head down and eyes closed, he thanked Matt and Joaqui who were also with pleasure from the wonderful massage.

He ignored the fact that the person’s hands were soft and felt more like a lady’s hands than that of a guy thinking that it’s probably because the guy is gay. But when he noticed the hands touching him on the sides all the way up to his shoulders in a very sensual way not once but twice, it made him stiff. The hands found their way to his ticklish spots, sending shivers down his spine. His heart started racing, wondering what exactly his friends were up to. He got even more nervous thinking about Joaqui’s joke earlier in the week about hiring a hooker to make his birthday special. (“I swear to God, ewan ko lang kung mapapatawad ko sila if they ever set me up! ual harassment na to ah! I am so gonna kill them!”) Despite his unwillingness to find out what his friends had done, he turned around to see what exactly was going on.

He was rendered speechless the moment their eyes met. She was flashing him the most adorable smile making her face even more gorgeous than ever. Her short little flowery dress accentuated her y figure, he was having a hard time to process what was really right in front of him. He swallowed a lump on his throat before he found the strength to actually get up and envelope her in his arms.

“Sir hindi pa po tapos ang massage nyo. Tsaka it’s against company policy po to hug your masseuse, harassment po yan.” She giggled as Gerald started kissing her face all over like an overly excited puppy.

“Baby! Oh my god! I can’t believe this! You’re really here!!” Gerald continued to rain kisses on her face and hugged her so tight.

Kim: Happy birthday Ge.

Gerald: Hmm… Pa-kiss nga! I still can’t believe you’re here! Paano ka nakarating dito?

Kim: Kanina ka pa nga kiss ng kiss dyan eh. Nawala ka yata sa sarili ah. Syempre alangan naman naglakad ako all the way from Sydney to Cebu no!

They laughed for a minute then Gerald picked her up and spun her around. When she managed to get her feet back on the ground, she felt her heart thumping louder and faster as Gerald’s gazed turned intense and he gently cupped her face opting for a kiss. She had earlier planned not to get back to their relationship so soon but she simply could not let go of his gaze. She felt hypnotized as she found herself tilting her head and closing her eyes while his lips started to caress hers. They savoured each other’s lips that they have missed for so long before Gerald slipped his tongue for a more heated kiss. They were so focused on each other and the feelings they wanted to convey that they had completely forgotten about the other people present in the room.

Joaqui: Ehem…don’t mind us. We are enjoying this show but you guys might want to get a room just for the two of you to get some privacy?

Matt: Joaqui, I swear, kahit kalian pahamak ka! Bakit mo inistorbo eh ang sarap ng laplapan nila!

Kim quickly pushed Gerald off remembering about Matt, Joaqui and the two staff in the room. She blushed as she hid her face in Gerald’s chest while Gerald’s strong arms continued to hold her protectively close.

Gerald: Kaya pala talagang pinipilit nyo akong magpa-massage huh! May secret pala kayo. Akala ko kung ano na. Thank you talaga guys, this is the best present you guys could ever get me for my birthday!

Joaqui: Oo nga. Kung alam mo lang Kim how hard it was to convince this guy to get here much more to get a massage! Can you believe it, ayaw talaga ipa-touch yong body nya sa ibang girl, mas type pa ang bading, dios ko!

Kim: Ha! Ha! Kinabahan ka when I started feeling you up, ano? I could feel you getting so tensed!

Matt: Hindi ka ba nagtaka Ge na parang hindi kamay ng lalaki ang naghimas sa’yo?

Gerald: I thought about it but then akala ko diba may mga gay din naman na sobrang lambot yong mga kamay? Pero when you started feeling me up babe, I really did got scared kung ano kaya ang naisipan ng mga friends natin!

Joaqui: I’m hurt! Wala ka bang trust sa amin? Magagawa ba namin yan eh sobrang love naming kayong dalawa?

Gerald: I know you guys are not like that but can you blame me? You have mentioned hookers a few times this week, tinakot mo talaga ako! Thank you talaga for this. When did you get here babe?

Kim: I got to the airport about two hours ago. I went straight to my condo just to drop off my luggage before heading here.

Gerald: Thank you for being here baby. You are the best birthday present! You don’t know how happy you have made me right now! Whooo!!! Hindi talaga ako makapaniwala! You are the best baby.

Joaqui: We’ll give you guys a moment alone. We’ll just be outside by the beach ha, andun din ang mga girls.

Kim: Okay, we’ll be right behind you.

Joaqui: Oh take all the time you need. We don’t mind, really. There’s a Jacuzzi in this room, massage oils, scented candles, all the essentials. Hint, hint!

Kim blushed while Gerald just grinned ever so happily. He held her gaze and slowly walked closer to her as he noticed that she was keeping a safe distance from him. She took a couple of steps back, unsure what to make of that mischievous grin that was somehow so overpowering. Gerald chuckled as she ended up trapped between the wall and his muscled chest.

Gerald: Do I make you nervous baby?

He leaned both hands against the wall, imprisoning her in between.

Kim: Huh? Uhm…hindi ah! (Having him that close really got her so tensed. She didn’t want to give him a chance to get his lips close to hers because she knew that her defenses are down when he’s near.)

Gerald: Do I get a hug?

He looked so adorable, pulling his best puppy dog eyes and sweet smile. How could she resist! She wrapped her arms around him as he pulled her close.

Gerald: My God, I miss your sweet scent baby! Hmmm. I have missed you so much, I’ve missed holding you like this.

Kim: Happy birthday Ge!

Gerald: Thanks for being here baby. My wish had been granted after all! (Still keeping Kim trapped in his arms) Babe, Joaqui’s got a point with the whole sensual experience in this room. I believe it is an essential part of my birthday luxury package!” (wink, wink!)

Kim swatted his arm and just laughed. She was blushing profusely as she felt his torso against her skin. It felt good to be in his arms again. She planned to just take it slow with him and maybe if things are still okay, ease back into a relationship. However, she found it extremely difficult to resist his charms. All her plans went out the window the second Gerald found her lips and reminded her just how irresistible he really is. His kisses made her weak. She succumbed to his loving arms and lips and could not hold herself back the instant he whispered the sweet words, “I love you, Kim”.

Kim tried hard to compose herself and act unaffected by his sweet words and what just happened. “Uhm, Ge let’s go see our friends.”

Gerald pulled her even closer. “Dito muna tayo babe.”

Kim: We’re in this room full of candles and massage oils plus a gigantic bed. If we stay here longer, ano na naman ang iisipin ng mga yun!

Gerald: Okay lang, tama naman ang iniisip nila eh. I thought part of the birthday gift plans mo yun, ang pagsamantalahan ako.

Kim: Gerald! Excuse me, pero hindi ako ganun ka-desperate no na ako pa ang i-hire na mang-molest ng birthday boys! Puhleeeze, I can get better jobs!

Gerald: Not just any birthday boy. Your services are exclusive for Gerald Anderson, the love of your life!

Kim: Let’s go na nga, baka saan pa makarating tong usapan na to!

She was about to walk out to try and get away from Gerald’s soulful gaze but he was quick to hold on to her arm. “Kimmy wait. Can we talk?”

Kim: (Oh shoot. I didn’t come prepared. I was so silly to think that it will be a few days before we can actually have a chance to have a serious talk! Bahala na.)

Gerald: Are you back for good?

Kim: Ge, I’m not sure pa eh. I only started applying for a transfer to a university here last week so nothing is finalized yet. I just left so soon so that I can make it to your birthday para ma-surprise kita.

Gerald: At talagang this is the best surprise that I could ever dream of! I really appreciate na nandito ka babe. I’m sure ma-approve lahat yan. Ang smart kaya ng girl ko and very impressive naman ang records mo so I don’t see any reason why you wouldn’t be moving back here for good!

Kim: I really hope so.

Gerald caught Kim by surprised as he scooped her off the couch and placed her on his lap.

Kim: Gerald, ano ba! (giggled)

Gerald: So…

Kim: So?

Gerald: So, are we back together?

Kim: Is that what you want?

Gerald: Of course babe! There’s no other person in this world I would rather be with but you. Para sa akin, we have always been together. I love you Kim and I would love to have you as my girlfriend again.

Kim: Bakit, are you still single?

Gerald: No, I’m happily committed. I’m holding my beautiful girlfriend in my arms!

Kim: Anong girlfriend? Sinagot na ba kita?

Gerald: Oo, back in high school pa. Mahal na mahal mo ako eh, kinikilig ka nga oh!

Kim: Ewan ko sa’yo ang gulo mong kausap!

Gerald squeezed her tighter and kissed her cheek. He closed his eyes as he sniffed her hair, enjoying her sweet, flowery scent. “I love you baby.”

Kim felt butterflies in her stomach and she could not hide her big smile after hearing his sweet words. She so badly wanted to tell him that she loves him so much and loved being in his arms but something was holding her back. She felt a little embarrassed to vocalize her feelings for him although she had told him a million times in the past how much she loves him. She just leaned back and leaned her head on his bare shoulders with a smile on her face.

“I said I love you babe.” Gerald whispered when he noticed that she didn’t respond.

She closed her eyes as Gerald held her tight. “Na miss kita Ge. Sobra. Especially during those times when we weren’t talking.”

Gerald: You mean, when you ignored me and cut off all communications with me?

Kim: Di ba nag-sorry na ako about that. We have talked on the phone about this. Okay na tayo di ba?

Gerald: I know, sorry babe. I’m just worried. I’m wondering if anything had changed during those few months that you were upset with me?

Kim: What do you mean?

Gerald: You were the only girl who occupied my mind every minute of the day. I never stopped loving you baby. Ikaw, do you still feel the same for me? Do you still love me?

Kim: Ge, matagal tagal na din tayong separated and we only just met again after being miles away. Let’s take it slow muna. Get to know what we got up to during the times that we were apart.

Gerald loosened his grip, devastation was evident on his face as he looked down. “You’ve met someone new.” It was more like a defeated statement rather than a question. “That’s why you can’t say the words that you used to tell me everyday.”

Kim panicked at the sight of Gerald looking so disappointed and heartbroken. She stood up and faced him with hands on her hips. “You know, ang drama mo pa rin! Hello! If I have found someone else and hindi na kita mahal, what am I doing here? Bakit ako nag-effort na mag-transfer dito at bumalik huh? Why do you think I’m here if I’m not in love with you?”

All of a sudden, her words hit him and he wanted to knock his head on the wall for being so stupid. (“Oo nga pala ano? There’s no real reason naman why she would come back since settled na naman ang life nya doon sa Sydney. She’s doing it so we can be together! Ang tanga ko! Of course mahal nya ako!”) He stood up, facing her and cupped her cheeks . “Baby, I wan’t to hear you say it.”

She nervously whispered, “I love you Gerald”. They both closed their eyes as their lips touched, showing each other what they really felt through another passionate kiss. They both felt so overwhelmed with so much joy when they finally had to come up for air. They giggled as Gerald kept giving her sweet little peck on the lips, unable to let go of their loving stares.

Gerald: This is the best birthday ever! You have no idea how happy I am right now babe! I have missed you so much. You look so gorgeous that I am actually having such a hard time trying to control myself. All I want to do is pin you down on that bed and make love to you.

Kim: Hoy, ano ka sinuswerte? Naka-score ka na ng ilang kisses ha, that’s as far as your birthday celebration with me will go!

Gerald: Having you hear is enough to make me feel like the happiest man alive babe. Bonus lang naman yun. I’m content na napa-amin kita that you’re still in love with me baby.

Kim: I think we should go outside na before anything happens.

Gerald: I knew it! You are finding it hard to control your hormones too!

Kim: Ang kapal naman nito! Hindi no! Even though you’re flaunting your hot body and you have been trying to seduce me by rubbing it against me, hindi ako nadadala no!

He flashed a wicked smile as he pulled her close, caressing her skin. He started planting soft kisses on her bare shoulders then her cheek, going to her ear and whispered, “If you don’t have the same thing in mind, then why are you nervous baby?”

She closed her eyes. She was mentally scolding herself trying to ignore his delicate, ticklish kisses on her neck. “I’m….uhm…I’m…not. Nervous, I mean…” (“Darn it Kim! Get a hold of yourself!”) “Ge, let’s go see our friends. I don’t trust myself when I’m alone with you.”

Gerald: All the more reason why I want to keep you here babe.

Kim: Gerald Randolf Anderson!

Gerald smiled and captured her lips for another kiss before guiding her out of the room. “Okay, okay. I’ll save it for tonight.”

Kim: What makes you so sure may mangyayari tonight huh?

Gerald: Dahil aakitin kita and I know you can’t resist me!

Kim: Haha! Ang kapal mo talaga!