It's Over

You're Still The One

Kim: Yaya Claire, is Gerald here?

Yaya Claire: Andun, nagmukmuk na naman sa room nya. Hindi na yan lumalabas sa kwarto nya eh except when he had to go to school. Mabuti naman nandito ka iha.

Gerald was on the computer trying to start his assignment when Kim entered. “Gerald, can I come in?”

Gerald: Uhm… Sure. Take a seat.

Kim: Ge, can we talk now?

Gerald: What do you want to say?

Kim: There’s no reason for you to get hurt kasi wala naman talaga. Please tell me what you want me to do so we can fix things and be back to normal na. Ask me anything and promise you’ll get an honest answer. I really want this whole ordeal to be over na. Just say the word and I’ll do anything babe.

Gerald: I have thought things through. I’m sorry, I’ll understand if you will hate me for this decision. This is the first time that I have truly loved someone and I was never ready for the pain. It’s tearing me apart and I really just want to wake up and be whole again. I can’t be with you kasi everytime I look at you, nasasaktan ako.

Kim trembled as tears rolled down her cheeks. “Are you saying that you want to end what we had because of stupid, meaningless pictures? Damn it Gerald! Do you even realize how shallow this is?”

Gerald: I’m sorry Kim. I think we need a break from each other muna. Maybe you also need to re-assess your feelings. Kung love ba talaga ang na fe-feel mo for me.

Kim wanted to beg him to give her a chance to prove to him that she really does love him. However, anger overcame her. “Obviously you didn’t love me enough to just let me go so easily. If that’s your decision, what else can I do but to respect it.”

*************************************************************

Joaqui: No way! I still can’t believe that it’s over between you two.

Gerald: We just need to really decide kung genuine ba talaga ang feelings namin for each other. Well, on my part, sure naman ako na I truly love her. It’s her feelings that are not strong enough. She didn’t even put up a fight. She just let go na parang wala lang.

Joaqui: Hindi eh, from what I’ve seen, you both are in love with each other. At pareho rin kayong stubborn. Alam mo naman yan si Kimmy, she’s not the type na naghahabol. She’s a very stubborn girl ayaw nya ipakita what she truly feels or what she really wants to say, especially if the guy is being cold to her. Hihintayin nya that the guy makes the move first.

Gerald: Eh she’s the one who did something. Why would I make the first move? Ako dapat ang suyuin nya!

Joaqui: Bro, she swallowed her pride and wooed you. Pinuntahan ka pa nya sa bahay, ipinagbake ng favourite mong cake. Pero ano, you kept asking her to leave.

Gerald: I don’t know anymore bro. I really do miss her pero hindi maalis sa utak ko na may ginawa sya behind my back.

Joaqui: That’s the rumour pero do you really believe that? She didn’t admit naman that she did something wrong diba?

Gerald: Well, sort of. She was apologizing profusely about hurting me. Although she didn’t say it directly, that was as good as a confession diba?

Joaqui: I guess. She just doesn’t strike me as that type of person. Siguro it’s really hard to resist being in a foreign place and partying with good-looking guys.

Gerald broke down again. “I can’t believe this happened bro. Na-karma siguro ako sa mga girls na pinaglalaruan ko before. That’s why when I finally gave my all to one girl, she tore my heart into pieces.” Joaqui patted his back to try and console him. Gerald gulped down the brandy on his glass before he continued on. “I can’t believe this is how we are going to end up. I treated her right, I have done everything to make her happy. I gave her my all. I mean, I was half a when I met her. I entrusted her my heart and soul. Ang sakit talaga bro.”

Joaqui: Dude, you can either be a or not. There’s no halfway about that! Wait, are you saying na she popped your cherry?

Gerald: Joaqui naman eh! Todo emote ako dito tapos you are more concerned about my ity? To satisfy your curiosity, yes. She was my first. See, I gave her so much pero what did I get in return? Nothing but heartbreak and a massive headache from drinking too much! Girls! Mga salot sila! This will be the first and last time I would ever fall in love.

Joaqui: Easy bro. I’m positive things will work out for the better. You know, picture taking lang naman yun eh it’s not like they were intimate. Your jealousy might have just made it seem so much worse.

Gerald: Ayoko na talaga. Hindi ko kaya ang love. It’s not for me. Just let me wallow in my misery for a while bro.

Joaqui: Sige dude, mag-mura ka lang dyan about girls. I’m here for you. Just please don’t ever resort to converting to the type of guy na papatol sa ating kalahi because of heart break. I wouldn’t ever support that, sayang ang kagwapohan mo!

Gerald: Joaqui, you are so not helping! Wa'g mong gawing awkward ang friendship natin, ikaw na nga lang ang karamay ko eh.

Joaqui: My bad, my bad! Sabi mo kasi ayaw mo na sa girls. Pero dude, this will be the perfect revenge, if you ever plan to take a revenge on Kim. Can you imagine her reaction na ipinagpalit mo sya sa hindi nya ka-gender?! Di ba sobrang insult yon?

Gerald: Joaqui, are you even aware of what you are saying? Ibubuhos ko tong drink ko sa'yo kung hindi ka titigil!! Mas lalo mong pinapainit ang ulo ko eh!