Chapter 7

Life, Love, and the Teenage Years as a Trainee

Dad and I walked for two hours and already, we had loads of stuff in our hands. My dad had enough suits and ties so he went shopping for casual wear. Afterwards, I went to a bunch of stores and suprisingly, I liked a lot of the clothes here.

I bought a lot of jackets. Jackets with zippers, buttons, and both. I bought a 5 pairs of skinny jeans, 6 pairs of tennis shoes, 5 pairs of boots, 4 pairs of flats, and 3 pairs of sandals. I bought 10 plus shirts and I had a lot of accesories. I bought scarves, gloves, jewlery, sunglasses, hats, and bags. The only thing we didn't buy were dresses for special occasions. I was getting to have them tailored.

My dad went to the stylist to have his hair color changed to a darker color while my tail was also re-dyed because it lost it's auburn color.

We ate all sorts of goods and thankfully we had  Mr. Kim who helped us load things into the car.

By the time we started for home, it was 7:15 ish and I was a little tired. I didn't know how my dad could be so energetic. It wasn't even his birthday, haha.

My dad's phone was ringing and he picked it up. He seemed to be talking a litlle strangely.

"Yobosayo? Ah, annyeong. Mmmmh.....okay, thanks, see you then," he said seriously.

"Who was that?" I asked.

"I have to take care of something right away at home. I'm afraid we won't have time for a movie of dinner. Mianhe Hee Young," he replied.

"Oh, it's okay I guess. I had a lot of fun today. Thank you Appa!" I said smiling, hiding the fact that I was a little disappointed. This was something that a CEO's daughter sometimes went through. That's why I was really close with my siblings. Speaking of which, they haven't called me yet...

My had patted my shoulder and went to think about something as he propped his chin on his arm. He was looking out the window.

We drove for about 15 minutes and arrived back home. Mr. Kim opened the car door for us and he told us to enter first as he would bring our things up right after.

I thanked Mr. Kim and went to open the door. The lights were off and I had trouble seeing. I finally got the card swiped and I punched in the 4 digits. For some reason, I tried for five times and the door wouldn't open. I tried pushing the door and it wouldn't budge.

Strange I thought. I turned to ask my dad for help but when I called him, he was nowhere in sight.

"Appa?? Where are you? Appa?" I asked, a little concerned and freaked out now.

When I was looking for him, all of a sudden my eye-sight got even worse. It was like something covering my eye.

I didn't budge one bit when I felt a someone's hand tie something around my eyes and muffled my screaming.

I tried to kick backward but it seemed like no one was standing there.

This time, I was really freaked out. I felt an arm carry me bridal style and into some place. Wasn't my house locked? WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON? I AM NOT GOING TO DIE ON MY BIRTHDAY. MOM, DAD, OPPAS, AND UNNIE! I LOVE YOOOUUUUU~~OUCHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Aigooo so heavy," someone said behind me.

I think I was sitting on a metal chair or something.  OMMOOOOO! THIS IS WHERE THE PAIN STARTS JUST LIKE IN THOSE KOREAN DRAMAS I'VE BEEN WATCHING WITH UMMMMMAAA!

I continued to panick but as stupid and idiotic as I was, my mouth felt like a cat got my tongue. I had a BIG problem speaking during this time. I continued to shout in my head as if that were to help and hope that someone would save me. I wanted to cry and yell at the same time. GOD. SOMEONE SAVE ME ALREADY.

"Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you~ Happy birthday dear Hee Young~ Happy Birthday to you!"

When I noticed that many beautiful voices were singing happy birthday to me, my blindfold was gone. I touched my lips and I guess I just thought that I had a piece of cloth inside. DAMN. I would've screamed.

I slowly opened my eyes to my backyard full with people I had just met.

I saw Key, Onew, Jonghyun, Minho, and Taemin. Beside them was Mr. Kim, Mr. Cho, and Mrs. Yang. My dad came out with the birthday cake. I wondered who carried me though.

I couldn't believe they did this to me!

 

"Wow you guys. I can't believe you did...did this. I feel so UGH. I..I hate you all so much!" I screamed while I cried into my palms. I was crying with hiccups and everything. I was mumbling and bawling.

They boys were so alarmed I felt them rush toward me. They were patting me and hugging me saying, "Our Hee Young! Don't cry! We're so sorry! We just wanted to surpise you!"

I continued for what seemed like ages. I had enough and was ready to give up.

 

I stopped and became silent..

I slowly looked up into their eyes and their eyeballs looked like they were gonna fall out from their sockets.

"Gotcha," I grinned.

I started to laugh and they laughed shakily......

I hope I didn't scare them too much. Taemin actually turned pale.

WHOOOPS. I patted his head and he swatted it away.

"You SCARED ME!!!!" he shouted.

"MIANHE OPPPAAAA!" I shouted back.

We shouted back and forth for a while saying the randomist things.

When we stopped shouting we looked at each other and hugged.

"Awwwww," said a couple of them. We broke apart and at the same time, we yelled, "LET'S PARTY!"

Jonghyun was going to blast the music until a voice behind me said, "I hope we're not late."

 

As crazy as I was, I think I had an idea to whose voice that belonged to.