Chapter 25

Life, Love, and the Teenage Years as a Trainee

"We're back!" Key called out as he opened the door to SHINee's dorm.

"WE ARE?!" called a familiar voice. Then I heard hurried footsteps.

"CHOI HEE YOUNG!" Jonghyun smiled as Taemin ran past him and tackled me.

"LILY! YOU LOOK BEEEEAUUUUTIFUULLL TODAY!" Taemin grinned.

"Kamsahamnida," I smiled.

"Annyeonghasaeyo!" I greeted to Onew, Jonghyun, and Taemin.

"MINHO! Your cousin is here!" Key called as I heard more footsteps.

"Hey!" Minho greeted.

"Hey," I greeted back.

"Come on! Let's get cooking!" Key clapped.

"Hee Young wait here!" Taemin said as he guided me to the living room. He the television for me.

"Thank you," I smiled as Jonghyun handed me a glass of orange juice.

"No problem," he winked.

He sat down beside me but got back up when Key yelled for him to get his lazy into the kitchen. All five of them were inside of the kitchen. It must have been disastrous.

No English subs. YIPEE. But no problem. I gots this.

I flipped the channel and most of them were news stations. I kept flipping until I spotted a girl group. It happened to be 2NE1. I set the remote down and studied their performance.

How wonderful if I get to perform like this. It must take a lot and a lot of work to be this successful. Am I prepared? Who am I kidding? I didn't even pass the final cut yet.

After the program ended I watched another channel that was teaching Korean with one Korean teacher and one American teacher. How perfect.

"Ige Mwoya?" I repeated quietly.

"EE-GEO MWO-YAH?"

"Arachi? Ara-chi?"

"Eotteoke? Eot-teo-ke? Meosisseoyo."

I whipped out my phone and typed these words and their meanings into my notepad.

Today was a really long day. Getting up and getting ready for lunch with Minho, seeing that Youngbae kiss scene, hanging out with Sae, meeting Key at the doorstep, and now I'm here.

I took a sip of orange juice and continued to watch television.

"Gwaenchanayo?" Onew asked me as he sat down.

I gave him a small smile.

"How's the audition going?" he asked, curiously.

"I have the final cut the day after tommorow," I replied.

"No way!" Onew smiled. He gave me a high five.

"Deeenneeer is readyyy!" Key called.

"Let's go!" Onew said as he led me into the dining room.

"Wow," I exclaimed as I saw what was in front of me. From sushi to salads to steaks and spaghetti, everything was here.

"Impressed?" Key smiled. I nodded in awe.

"Let's eat!" Jonghyun clapped.

Key pulled out a seat for me and I thanked him. He just smiled and sat across from me. Everyone was looking at me.

"Neh?" I asked, slowly.

"Here try this!" Key said as he gave me a bowl of miso soup.

I took a spoonful and my taste buds were doing their own happy dance.

"Mmm! Mashisoyo!" I smiled as I drank more.

"I'm glad you like it! Let's eat!" Key smiled widely.

We dined in silence and once in a while Onew and Jonghyun would start talking. They asked about how the auditions were going. After eating, I helped with the dishes.

"You don't have to," Key said while rolling up his sleeves.

"No, I have to," I smiled as I rolled up my sleeves and gathered the plates. I brought the dishes to the sink and I starting soaking the plates and untensils.

Key was rinsing off the plates that I finished scrubbing. Sometimes I would glance at him from the corner of my eyes, he was quiet and his rinsing even had a rhythm. Noticing me looking at him, he turned to looked at me.

I looked back at the plate I was washing and he started laughing.

"Mwoh?" I asked.

"You're so cute," he chuckled.

"Hey....."

"Why are you looking at me like that?" he asked as he rinsed off the last plate and turned off the water.

I dried my hands and looked at him.

"What is there that you can't do?" I asked.

"I don't wanna brag but I'm the handy man here," he replied.

"If that's not bragging, what is?" I asked, secretly amused by his answer.

"I can do anything," he smiled.

"Wow," I laughed as I rolled my eyes. He hit me on the shoulder lightly and we started laughing.

"Wanna see my room?" he asked.

"Sure," I answered as he led the way.

He opened the door to his room and I was pretty amazed at what I saw.

"Tada!" Key waved.

It was really neat inside his room. His desk, free of clutter, under the window. His and acessories perfectly displayed. His bookshelf clean and free of dust. Picture frames all alligned on the wall. What caught my attention was his bed. It was pink.

Key took a seat on his bed and patted the space next to it.

I sat down and didn't know what to say. What do I say when someone shows me their room?

I smiled to myself as I noticed the gifts from fans.

"Marry me Key oppa! SARANGHAEYO OPPA! KISSEU JOOSEYO!" I said aloud as I read these posters.

"A little girl said I was her type," Key started.

"How did you respond?" I asked.

"When you grow up, oppa will marry you," he chuckled.

"Ooooh promises," I teased.

"But that's twenty years later," he laughed.

"What do you do in your spare time?" I asked.

"Spare time? I barely have any," he responded. I looked at him with big eyes.

"Well, I would go out and shop around, stay at home, and visit family and friends," he said after.

"What do you do every day?" I asked again.

"We have schedules as a group and sometimes as an individual. During our trainee days, we practiced non-stop and pretty much every day. Now that we have been out for a while, we still have to practice, but not as much as we used to. We usually have to rotate around our schedule," he explained.

"WOW," was all I could say.

"I'll be waiting to work with you once you debut, or maybe, even before that," he said while looking at his watch.

"We should get going. I promised your dad I'd bring you home not too late," he said while standing up. I followed him out and I went to find the other members.

"Bye Onew oppa!" I said as I notice him looking into the fridge.

"Oh! See you! I hope auditions go well!" he smiled.

"Gomawo!" I smiled back.

"Bye Jonghyun oppa!"

"See you later Heeyoung!"

"Bye taemin oppa!"

"Awww you're going already? Don't forget to text me! Or I'll text you!"

"Bye Minho," I waved. He gave me a pat on the head and wished me luck. I waved at the guys one last time before heading out to Key's car.

We drove back to my house listening to some kpop songs. He sang along and I admired his voice a lot.

"Thank you for dinner! It was delicious!" I thanked Key.

"No problem! I'll talk to you soon. Good luck on auditions," he said to me.

"I'll try my best!" I said.

"Aja aja hwaiting!"

"Aja aja hwaiting!"

I opened the gate and waved at him one last time.

"Drive safely and get some rest," I said.

"I will and you too," he smiled.

I closed the gate gently and I headed back to my house. The lights were on so I assumed my dad was back.