Chapter 33

Life, Love, and the Teenage Years as a Trainee

"Heeyoung!" I called out. We had some staff looking with us. 

"Hyung," Minho called to me. 

"What?" I asked. 

"Do you think she would be in there?" he asked, pointing to the girl's restroom.

"Excuse me miss? Can you do me a favor and check if a girl named Choi Heeyoung is in there?" I asked her. Noticing that I was the Almighty Key, she agreed.

"Thanks a lot," I smiled. 

We waited for a less than a minute and the girl shook her head at us.

"Kamsahamnida," we thanked her before rushing off. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

Aish, where could she be? Why am I so worried? She's....I don't know....I just need to know that she's okay or else I won't stop looking.

"Yobosayo?" I answered to my phone.

"Hyung? Where are you?" Seungri called me. Crap, the recording.

"I'll be there soon. Just record without me, I'll do my parts later," I said to him. Before he could protest, I snapped the phone shut. Hopefully, they won't be too suspicious. 

"Heeyoung..." he friend whispered, anxiously. I looked at her.

"Don't worry, I won't give up and the others too," I assured her.

She smiled with a little teary-eyed expression. She looked like a little girl who just accidentally let her balloon up into the air. I gave her a smile and continued searching. 

"I'm going to search the restroom," she said, suddenly.

"Araso," I replied, looking around me. 

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

I saw the friends of that witch go to the restroom. I crept my way into the restroom and hid in the first stall. Three girls were whispering in the farthest corner of the restroom. 

"She told me to do it. I feel horrible. I hear that there's staff looking for her," girl one said. That girl had a speck of guiltiness.

"Where did you guys take her?" girl two whispered.

"I'm not sure. It's a room down the hall," girl three said quietly. I could not believe that they were so ditsy.

"Is it some sort of storage room?" girl two asked again.

"Oh yeah, that's right!" girl three almost shouted.

"Shut up, people might hear us," girl one hushed.

"Just don't breath a word," girl two warned. They whispered some things I couldn't hear and soon enough they left the bathroom. When I made sure the coast was clear, I came out of the stall and I had to tell Taeyang sunbae what I just heard.

He was waiting for me and started walking again but I stopped him by whispering what I heard into his ear.

"Are you sure?" he asked, eyes hopeful. 

I managed to say yes and nodded. 

"Let's go," he said before rushing down the hallway. We looked for rooms titled storage but found none.

"What the heck?" I heard him ask himself. Just then, we saw a man walking past us with a vacum and a box of cleaning supplies.

"Bingo," Taeyang sunbae said under his breath. We approached the man and he listened to us. I was so grateful he wasn't moody and didn't think that we were pulling some sort of trick on him. 

"Can you unlock this door for us?" Taeyang sunbae pleaded.

"Well, this isn't my office but I guess a minute wouldn't hurt right?" he said, while fishing through his large chain of keys. I took this time to study Taeyang sunbae's face. He looked totally unaware of his surroundings and focused on the chain of keys. 

"Here, let's try this," the man said before inserting the key in. The key wouldn't turn. I heard Taeyang sunbae sigh.

"How about this," the man tried again. After five tries we heard a sound. It seemed as if it came from the other side of the door. Taeyang sunbae put his ear near the door. 

"Saeyeong, do you hear that?" he asked, with his eyes really large. I nodded quickly.

"Can I see that?" he asked the man with the keys.

Taeyang sunbae looked furiously, trying different keys and finally, with the last key left untouched, he took a deep breath before inserting it into the keyhole. It clicked.

"Yes," Taeyang sighed before opening the door. 

"Heeyoung," I managed to choke out. Key and Minho and some staff members came just now too.

"Heeyoung, do you hear me?" Taeyang asked worriedly, while shaking Heeyoung. Key suddenly barged in and made a gesture to take a look but Taeyang shrugged him off. 

"I'll take her to the nurse," he said before rushing off with an unconcious Heeyoung in his arms. We had no choice but to follow. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I felt so lightheaded. Was I floating? I heard sounds except it was muffled just how it would be in a swimming pool. What was going on? I wanted to open my eyes, but I was just too worn out to even try prying them open. 

"Just let her rest,"

"Finally found her"

"Thank you guys so much,"

"We couldn't help much though,"

"I'll see you later,"

I was listening to voices and felt warmth over me in no time. 

Finally, I woke up to a dimly lit room. The first thing I saw was a tired looking Saegyeong sitting in a chair and a nurse writing something onto her clipboard. 

I tried to sit myself up but before I could do so, Sae and the nurse rushed to my side.

"Thank goodness you're finally awake," Sae hugged me. 

The nurse smiled a small smile at me. She let me go after doing some simple checkups. Right when I was going to grab for my bag, I noticed my hand wrapped in gauze.

I looked at it curiously.

"You bruised it," the nurse explained. I just nodded. I bowed toward her before walking out of the office with Sae. 

"Come on, it's late and we still wake up early tomorrow," Sae said to me. I nodded. Just then, something that caught my eye.  It couldn't be.

"My battery," I said before crouching down to get it.

I smiled at the sight of it and showed it to Sae.

"Explains," Sae nodded.

"What happened?" I asked.

"I'll tell you when we get home okay?" she assured me. I nodded and followed her back to our dorm. I changed into my sleepwear and layed on my side listening to everything Saegyeong explained. 

"Who found me?" I asked.

"I eavesdropped and found your location while Taeyang sunbae found the right keys to get you out of the closet," she said.

"Taeyang sunbae?" I mumbled. 

"Yeah, he was really worried to what I could tell," she told me. He was worried about me?

I told Sae I was going to sleep and she left me alone while she went to shower. When I was sure she was out of the room and when I heard the water running, I sent Taeyang a text. 

 

YoungBae oppa,

Was what Saegyeong said true? If so, thank you so much for saving me. I wouldn't know what to do if it weren't for your help.

 

-Choi HY

P.S. I'm really sorry for showing you so much attitude lately. I must've been stressed out from auditioning and I do admit I was a bit jealous...

 

I shut my phone and clutched it to my chest. In no time, I drifted off into a deep sleep.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Zzzz Zzzz

Here I was, recording late at night with exhausted members. They found out about the staff members searching so they let me off although I was sure that they wondered why I couldn't just let them search instead of me looking for HeeYoung. 

I checked my phone to see I reciecved a text from someone. Choi Hee Young. Without a second thought, I set down my water bottle and checked it. 

My heart fluttered at her thanks and it made me feel more motivated and immediately lifted the tiredness off of me. 

Seeing that other members were occupied, I replied quickly.

 

No problem.

Don't just thank me but your cousin and Key, and most importantly, your friend. 

Sleep well & Good Luck.

 

-YB

 

I stuffed my phone back into my pocket and finished the rest of the recording feeling motivated and running through it whole-heartedly.