Chapter 19

Life, Love, and the Teenage Years as a Trainee

"Guess who got a signature?!" Sae yelled.

"YOU DID? SAME HERE!" I yelled back. We laughed and hugged with each other while jumping with joy.

"What are you gonna perform?" I asked curious.

"I'm going to show my singing and dancing skills with a 2NE1 song. I feel confident about the rapping part," she smiled, "How about you."

"I'm gonna sing a song that Taeyang did on piano called 'Dont Wanna Try'. I'm going to play and sing at the same time since I'm pretty bad at dancing," I sighed.

"It's okay! That's what training is for after we make it right?" she smiled as she nudged me.

"Do you have school right now?" I asked.

"School? We just ended two days ago and now I have a lot of time to practice hard," she answered.

We walked around the park and exchanged numbers. We also ate ice cream cones and talked about the audition day.

After a while we both went home for hard-core practicing. I had played the song a couple of times back home and I pretty much memorized everything. My backup was just singing a 2NE1 song as well.

~~

"May 27," I said to myself as I looked at the calendar. I started practicing from the afternoon all the way to dinner. During this time I had an awful time fixing my pitch and trying my best not to sing in the same style as the original version.

"UGH," I snapped as I hit a wrong key on the piano. I rubbed my temples and went on to practice some more. My dad recognized my frustration and he didn't bother me as he went to the kitchen for a coffee refill.

"Measure 27 and 30," I mumbled as I marked my music. When I was frustrated, I realized that everything was wrong. My pants felt real tight, my shirt felt too low, and my bangs were in my face. I ran up the stairs and fixed the 'imperfections'.

"I can't believe I have three days. That is not reasonable. Things you do Lily, the things you do. AIYAY. What is this," I growled grumpily. I pulled on my sweats and a wifebeater. I wiped off my eyeliner and cleaned my face. I tied my hair into a bun and  put on a jacket. I then ran back downstairs and refilled my mug with water.

I ate a quick dinner and continued to practice hard. I became way more familiar with the chorus and my pitches were slightly less piercing.

Ding Dong..........................................

"What now," I mumbled as I took a whole lot of strength to pull myself away from the piano. I opened the door without taking a peek at who it was.

"How may I help you," I said before looking ahead.

"Key oppa? Jonghyun oppa?" I said taken back.

Jonghyun was leaning against the doorway with one foot against the wall while the other was in front of him. Key was taking a call before looking at me.

I let them enter my house and I got drinks for them. When I was bringing the glasses out, Jonghyun was at my piano and Key was sitting on the couch playing on his Blackberry. They looked up and Jonghyun looked at me curiously.

"You're playing this?" he asked with his attention on me.

"Put that down, it's not polite to touch other people's things," Key said to him, looking away from his Blackberry.

"Oh it's okay, I'm just working on it," I said while placing the drinks on the table.

"So how may I help you guys? Are you here for my dad?" I questioned clearly confused.

"Key came to visit you but of course I came to visit too," Jonghyun smiled.

"Visit me?" I asked with my mouth open.

"Key looked at me funny as he shut my mouth by pushing my chin back up. I snapped out of it and then my eyes bulged out. I had a flashback of the time where I ran back to my bed.

"Oh..really? Uhm well I'm a lot better now, thank you," I said to them as I rubbed my arm and tried to recover.

"Did you have dinner yet? We don't mean to disturb you at this hour. It's just we just got off work," he explained.

"No, not at all! I'm really glad you guys came to visit me. You should go have dinner or rest. I hear it's really tiring in the industry," I went on and on. I wanted to smack my head from saying the wrong things but then I had a flashback of Youngbae. 

Don't drop another bowl. I scrunched my face without knowing it.

"I told you not to eat the stinky tofu before we came," Key said to Jonghyun as he shook his head. Jonghyun tested his breath and he said,

"Well I practically chewed a pack of gum to get rid of the taste. I can't smell anything."

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Well you made a face when he yawned," he said.

"Oh not about that, I was just having a flashback...." I said slowly, reading their expressions.

We looked at each other and laughed.

"Omo, I thought it was my breath"

"I can't believe you almost chewed a pack of gum"

"Stinky tofu?"

In between breaths we laughed and gasped.

"At least I'm not stinky"

"Well you can smell it on your clothes"

"WHAT?"

We talked for a while and they had to leave so I continued to practice. I sounded a lot better than the last hours. Exhausted, I went upstairs to pick out my clothes.

Since the weather was still a little chilly, I wanted to wear something not too thick or thin.

"What should I wear?" I said as I tilted my head to my left. I examined all of my choices and threw some clothes onto my bed.

ZZZZ...ZZZZZ..ZZZ

I picked up my phone without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?" I said with my attention on my clothes.

"Hey!" Emma shouted into the phone.

"UNNI! What's up?" I smiled.

"I just wanted to check up on how you're doing. So whatcha doin lil sis?" she asked.

"Oh just picking out clothes,"

"Picking out clothes? Don't you do that all the time?"

"Ohm, just re-organizing," I said, trying to avoid any more questions.

"Ah, I see. By the way, Nick is going to Japan next week. He said he'll visit you guys soon after he settles down," she told me.

"Really? That's good for him," I said proudly.

"That's our bro," she replied.

We talked for a while and then I talked to my umma. She had to go since they were going to go out soon. I hung up my phone smiling to myself, glad that Nick oppa was going to visit soon.

In the end, I chose black skinny jeans, a white vneck, and a royal blue/lacy cardigan to go over it. I was going to wear suede boots with this outfit and keep my hair straight. For makeup, I would use eyeliner and mascara. For accesories, I would put on silver studded earring and wear a silver ring on my index finger. I thought about my introduction as I crawled into bed. I wasn't nervous, but I didn't know what to expect.