Chapter 26

Life, Love, and the Teenage Years as a Trainee

Today is the day. Here I come.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

All of us who passed the previous auditions were all gathered in an auditiorium-like room. There were roughly 70-80 of us. The stage was huge and there were many seats in the audience. In the audience sat many guys and girls just like me. On the other side sat, parents, siblings, relatives, and friends. In the very first row sat the panel of judges. The judges gave me the chills.

On the left, there was Gdragon and Teddy. On the right, there was another producer and a director. In the middle sat, the very own YG President, Yang Hyun Suk. This time, the audition was directed by a host, Park Bom.

All of us were quiet and we listened closely to Park Bom.

"Annyeonghasaeyo! Today will be the final cut. I hope everyone has mentally prepared themselves. Today will be a little different from ALL of your previous auditions. Instead of asking you to sing a song, dance, or show us your instrumental skills, we are going to include all of those into one. The 72 of you guys will be separated into twelve groups of six. The groups will be co-ed," she started.

What exactly are we supposed to do? I really want to know, immediately.

"Today, your assignment is to......ACT!" Park Bom announced.

SERIOUSLY?!

"The audition today will be separted into two parts. In the first part of your audition, you guys will be given a song and we expect to see you guys act it out. From scripts to singing and to dancing. Basically, we want to see your group's version of a music video. Originality is very important to the image of an artist. In the second part of the audition? Well, you guys will find out soon enough," she smiled, teasingly.

"Now I will announce the groups to an assigned song," she started.

"Group one:  Jihoo, Chansung, Minwoo........" she announced. She kept going down the list and Sae was assigned to group 11. I was going to be in group twelve.

"Group twelve: Yoon Hana, Choi Heeyoung, Jikyung.................." she said. Am I in the same group as Hana? Oh my lord. Not that I have anything against her but theres something about her.

"Group twelve, your assigned song is 2PM's Without You," she told us. Oh great! I love 2pm.

Hana seemed pleased and also very confident. 

"Please get into your groups and sit down," Park Bom said. We stood by our number and sat into a straight line. We were in order by rows 1-12. In the group I was in, there were four guys, me, and Hana. She seemed to forget who I was since she smiled at me pleasantly. I smiled back.

"Please introduce yourselves within 3 minutes. And go!"

We looked at each other and we were pretty shy except for a guy with a fohawk.

"Annyeonghasaeyo! I'm SeungTae and I'm 17 yrs old!" he smiled enthusiastically.

"Annyeonghasaeyo! My name is HyunKi and I'm 16 years old!" a taller guy introduced with a small smile. He seemed old for 16.

"Annyeonghasaeyo! I'm YoungJae and I'm 16 years old!" a pretty boy bowed.

"Annyeongasaeyo! I'm Jihoon and I'm 17 years old," a b-boy looking guy introduced.

"Annyeonhasaeyo! I'm Yoon Hana and I'm 16 years old!" she said while a small bow. The guys all looked at her in a bit of awe.

"Annyeonghasaeyo! Choi Hee Young imnida. I'm currently 16 years old!" I bowed. Hope my accent didn't show too much. Now everyone was looking at me curiously.

"Are you from Korea? Not to be mean or anything but you seem different. Good different that is!" SeungTae asked me curiously.

"I was born in Los Angeles. I recently moved to Korea," I replied.

"That's cool! You can teach us English!" YoungJae, the pretty boy grinned.

"No problem," I replied happily. I saw Hana look at me from the corner of my eye. She seemed a little irritated. I guess she was used to all of the attention.

"Please take a seat!!!" Park Bom said loudly. We took our seats and I was next to Hyunki and Hana.

"Your task is to incorporate singing, dance, scripts, and a story line. We will be looking forward to originality and most important of all, teamwork! We had a drawing of who will be going first, second, third, and so on. Group 3 is first, group 9 is second," and she went on. We heard groans from the first five groups. We were group 6, right smack in the middle.

"You guys will be provided with paper, props, and clothing. You will have 25 minutes. Please use your time wisely. Any questions?" she looked around.

"Please follow me backstage," she said while heading to the door. There were clothing to the right and props to the left. There were tables and some chairs for planning.

"As you can see, there is a mini-music system on each of the twelve tables. You will be provided with this to rehearse your performance. Please take this seriously. You may begin!" she shouted as she hit the timer.

We immediately gathered into a circle motioned by SeungTae with the fohawk.

"Okay. Let's create roles," he started.

"Wait. Raise your hand if you think SeungTae should be the leader," HyunKi announced. All of our hands went up.

"Resume,"

We discussed for 5 minutes and we got our story line. SeungTae and I were in charge of script, Hana was in charge of outfits. HyunKi was in charge of organizing roles. YoungJae and Jihoon were in charge of the dance and organization of our visual.

Our storyline went like this. I would be the main girl. Jihoon was played by me. SeungTae, HyunKi, YoungJae, and Hana were Jihoon's friend. Hana like Jihoon even before I dated him. After playing Jihoon, I tried to get with YoungJae but I didn't succeed. During this time, Hana hung around Jihoon a lot and he fell for her. When my personality and 'playing around'  was revealed and everyone at school knew, I tried coming back Jihoon, but by then, he was better off without me and he lost all of his feelings for me.

This reminded me of my old school. Except it was the total opposite. This time, it was my turn to be the bad person.