Chapter 41

Life, Love, and the Teenage Years as a Trainee

Just to let you know I'M BACK! Also, this might not be the most interesting chapter yet but I'll try even harder in the upcoming chapters! Thank you (:

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I was on my knees, hoping my mom would give in.

"Absolutely not! Get up! Kneeling will not help you one bit," my mom demanded. I wasn't sure if she was okay. She sounded a bit off. We were back at our house, not in California but the house in Korea. My brother Nick brought me up to my feet and gave me a pat on the back before walking away. 

"Umma," I started, "can you tell me the reason why you are against me training?" I asked her, with my head lowered.

"I'm sure I told you countless times how dangerous it is for a girl, like you, to be in that industry? Do I need to dig up evidence to prove to you that young women and even adults have suffered physical and mental abuse as a celebrity?" she asked. I shook my head 'no'. 

"Let her hear the real reason mom," Jae oppa spoke up.

"Jae, Emma, Nick, please leave the room will you?" she asked. It was more like an order. When they closed the door, she sat down while I was standing in front of her. 

"Do you know how much I was hurt when you only discussed this with your dad and your brother although I was glad you didn't run off without telling anyone? Do you know why I say the things I say and try to discourage you?" she asked. I replied 'no' for an answer.

"Because I was like you when I was young. That should be enough to prove to you why I strongly object to you even stepping foot in that company," she explained. I was shocked but I hid it. It was hard digesting everything she was telling me. 

"Tell me why you are so eager to train?" she asked me, after a long period of silence.

"I want to do something different in my life," I told her.

"No, I'm sure you have something more," she said, almost immediately. I didn't answer her. 

"Well, whatever it is, I'm sure you have your reason behind it. I'll let you stay for the rest of the month. Then, you may continue this training back in California, understood?" she asked, sternly but with a small smile.

"Gomawo umma!" I hugged her. 

"Don't say I didn't warn you," she added.

"You're the best," I smiled. 

"I know," she replied.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was in the car, back to the YG building. I was feeling alright except I had a lot of wounds and scars, nothing bad but my left wrist was sprained. My face was a little scarred but my back hurt the most. I had landed on a broken beer bottle unfortunately. 

"We're here," my dad's driver told me.

"Kamsahamnida," I told him. He nodded and quickly got out of the car to open the door for me. He help me as far as getting into the building and went on his way home when I told him I was fine. 

I had no idea why I was back because today's schedule was already completed and everyone would be in the dorms. I made up my mind to go see Yang CEO to help me from here. I was kind of confused and because my condition was not fit for training. Perhaps he would tell me what I should do.

I rode the elevator to the correct floor and walked toward the direction of his office. I recieved some glances from hardworking office people and I bowed toward them. I got looks of pity but I shrugged it off. I finally reached the office and as I was about to knock on the door, I heard many voices inside. 

"Ms. Choi?" someone asked. Alerted, I spun around to see an office man who had called my name.

"Yes?" I replied after bowing toward him. 

He told me it was the best to wait until Yang CEO was finished and so he gave me a warm cup of tea. I thanked him and sipped my tea slowly. The whole floor of office people was really quiet and the only sounds were the shuffling of paper and the noise of keyboards. Every now and then, there would be telephone calls and faxes. 

As I was drifting into complete boredom while creating scenarios in my head, the door opened. Before I could stand up, everyone from that room was looking at me. The members of Big Bang and Yang CEO were all flashing each other glances. 

"Aren't you supposed to be at the hospital Heeyoung?" T.O.P asked first. 

"I uh..." I started. 

"Heeyoung, come with me. Jiyong, you too. The rest of you may leave," Yang CEO said before entering his office again. I got up quickly and followed after Jiyong. 

"Close the door please," Yang CEO ordered. I did as told and Jiyong and I stood before him. 

"May I ask what you are doing here?" Yang CEO asked.

"I came back to train," I told him. 

"What?" was his response. Alarmed, I looked at Jiyong who tried to supress his amusement.

Yang CEO put his hands into his pockets and started walking around the two of us. Jiyong had on his pokerface again. I was scared on the other hand. 

"Do you know what time it is?" he asked. I looked at the clock on the wall quickly. 

"11:30 PM," I responded dumbly. I saw Jiyong stiffen from the corner of my eye. I had not known to be prepared for what was going to happen next.

"CHOI HEEYOUNG! WERE YOU IN YOUR RIGHT MIND? WHY DID YOU NOT REPORT TO ANYONE ABOUT YOUR FELLOW TRAINEE YOON HANA?" he yelled. He had stopped in his tracks to yell into my ear. I did not dare look up. He started to walk again and he stopped in front of me. The hairs on my arms rose and I felt my heart shatter, piece by piece. I was not used to being yelled by people other than my family. Even they didn't yell like this.

As he continued to scold me, his tone of voice demanded no response from me. From what I could comprehend, he was angry at me for not telling him what I had gone through and he said it was completely my fault for letting things get to this point. I was scolded for setting up my fellow trainees up for danger and risks as well. 

"You mind as well go back to the States now," I wanted to cry but I had to hold it in. He hated cry babies. "I don't want to see her, take her out Jiyong," he said grimly.

"Neh," Jiyong replied. 

He opened the door for me and so I gave him a small nod as a way of saying 'thank you'. I walked out bitter and hurt. I really didn't want anyone to see me right now and I wanted to cry under my covers. 

I walked to the elevators a little lifelessly and on the way there I remembered to thank the office man again for his courtesy. He gave me a look of pity and I returned him with a smile, a weak one to be exact. I reached out my hand to press the elevator button but Jiyong's finger pushed it before I could. Our hands touched and his face was right beside mine. 

"Mianhe," I apologized before walking into the elevator. As I was going to wave goodbye to him, he got in with me. He closed the door and we were on our way down. 

"Gwenchana?" he asked, after a while. 

"Yes," I replied, in a small voice.

"Somehow, that doesn't sound too convincing," he said, stuffing his hands into his pockets. I was in thought, wondering why I had gotten scold so harshly more than once and it always seemed to be because of Hana. I sighed to myself and exited the elevator. As I proceeded, I couldn't help but notice someone follow me. 

I turned around.

"Are you following me, sunbaenim?" I asked Jiyong. 

"Maybe," 

"Why?"

"No whys,"

I waited for him to catch up and we walked together. 

"You can cry now. We're awfully far from the building," he told me. I shook my head. I wasn't going to cry.

"Just let it out. You'll feel ten times better," he added. 

"I'm not going to cry. He hates it when people cry," I said.

"It's just me now. No one but Kwon Jiyong," he said. Somehow, I felt touched when he said that. I just laughed.

"Why are you laughing?" he asked, surprised.

"Because it's so awkward right now," I admitted. It was his turn to laugh now. 

"Babo,"

"Hey,"

"Don't hey me,"

"Mianhe,"

"I'm thirsty," he said. We had passed by a vending machine. I waited for him as he bought a drink for himself, but instead, he turned around with two, and with a smile.

"To my hoobae. Sorry for not saving you on time," he apologized. I thanked him for the drink.

"It's okay. Everything is my fault," I said. 

"How can you say that so easily?" he asked me.

"Well I shouldn't blame anyone other than myself,"

"Stop acting so strong,"

"I'm not acting,"

"Aish," he said, before flicking my forehead lightly. I scowled and rubbed the spot where he aimed for. 

"I remember I used to get scold more than you during my trainee days and let's just say he's much easier on you, since you're a girl," he told me.

"What? He could be worse?" I gasped. He smirked at my response.

"You have no idea," he sighed.

"Did you cry?" I asked him. 

"Seungri did all the crying," he laughed. I laughed along. 

"Why are you laughing?" he asked me.

"I watched broadcasts where Seungri admitted to being scolded a lot," I claimed. 

We arrived to the dorms. 

"Gomawo, oh," I breathed. So this was how it was like recieving a hug from Gdragon. He had a faint cologne smell. It smelled pleasant. He just hugged me so I didn't know what to do. I just stood there. When he released me, he patted my head. 

"Don't fall for her traps, sunbaenim," a voice said from behind us. I knew who it belonged to. Yoon Hana. Her heels clicked across the pavement. 

Now Jiyong had his arm around me. It hurt considering my wounds were all over the place.

"I can't even give my hoobae a gesture of encouragement? If I were you, I would watch out soon," he warned her. With that, he walked me away from her and into the building. It left her speechless outside. I could hear her pout.

"I hate girls like her," he sighed as we rode the elevator to my level.

"Guess where she lives," I questioned.

"Oh no way. Across from you?" he guessed, with his eyes wide open.

"Bingo," I said bitterly. 

We said no more as he walked me to my dorm.

"Alright, good night Heeyoung. I'll see you whenever you're ready to come back. Don't mind Yang-goon. He's just angry at the moment and also, I'm still confused about something. Something about the States..." he wondered.

"I'll tell you tomorrow," I told him. 

"Okay then. Jaljayo," replied.

"Thank you and goodnight," I bowed.

"Too formal Heeyoung," he whispered before walking away. He waved goodbye as he was almost out of sight. I got into my dorm quickly to avoid the scary Hana. Yes, I was terrified by her dreadful ways. To be exact, I was even more paranoid than ever.