Chapter 24

Life, Love, and the Teenage Years as a Trainee

"Oh hey come in!" Sae greeted as I made my way through the door.

We went to her room and her mom was kind enough to prepare snacks for us.

"Kamsahamnida Mrs. Lee," I thanked as she handed us cookies, sandwiches, and lemonade. She smiled and closed the door for us.

"Sorry for coming all of a sudden," I apologized to Sae.

"Don't worry about it! I was just going to hit up you. You look kind of down, what's wrong?" she asked me.

I didn't respond but instead I looked down.

"I saw a girl kiss a guy," I sighed.

"What?" she asked, clearly confused.

"She kissed him first," I continued. I was out of the blue and I just kept on rambling.

"Go on...." she whispered as she shook me.

"He kissed her back,"

"He told her to stop,"

"Okay stop stop stop. HEEYOUNG," she yelled in my face. I snapped back and shook my head.

"Sorry what?" I asked her, with my attention on her this time.

"Okay. Here's my conclusion. A girl kissed a guy first and he kissed her back. After a while he told her to stop and you witnessed all of this. What's next. Let me see.....he saw you didn't he?" she asked suspiciously.

"How did you know?" I asked, bewildered.

"This only happens in dramas but I guess you, my friend, experienced jealousy," she said while patting my back.

"Am not!" I protested.

"That's how love starts my friend," she smiled as she nudged me.

I rolled my eyes and pouted.

"Someone's jealousssssssss," she teased.

"Are you preparing anything in case for the final audition?" I asked.

"Nope, what about you?" she replied.

"Same here. I don't even know what to do. I remember all of their comments and I will change what I need to improve on. I'm already starting to practice my dancing every day," I explained.

"Mee too! I'm drinking lots of water and protecting my voice like they said. Two of the judges say I have the qualities and rhythm of being a great rapper," she gleamed.

"You like to rap?" I asked, clearly surprised. She was a total girly girl. Just look at her room.

"Of course! I feel so cool when I rap. My guy friends approve of my rapping," she laughed.

"Wow! I totally didn't see that coming!" I smiled.

"Neither did the judges," she laughed.

"If I get to become a YG Trainee and get to debut someday, I want to be in a band with you. I call the position of a rapper," she told me.

"That's how I feel too! I want to be a vocalist," I said.

"By the way, I'm curious whether or not, you're younger than me," she said.

"Well we're both sixteen in Korea. I was born in December," I said.

"I'm older than you! I'm a March baby," she smiled.

"Alright unni!!!" I nudged her.

"Oh please! I feel so old when you call me that. I feel like you're more mature than I am. Since we're the same year, let's keep the name thing the same. If everyone turns out to be older than you, you'll make an old maknae!" she laughed crazily.

"HEY!" I scowled.

She grinned at me and reached for a sandwich. I hung out with her until dinner time. We watched re-runs of Strong Heart, Star Golden Bell, and Fugitive Plan B.

We did our nails and we gossipped. More like she gossipped. At the end, I came to a conclusion that she was pretty popular at her school by looking at all the posters and pictures she had in her room. She was a head cheerleader, class president, and she even beat Hana at a singing competition.

"Hee Young!" she said while clapping her hands.

"Yeh," I replied.

"Haha you said Yeh! You are becoming Koreanized," she laughed.

"Sooner or later right? MUSTN'T FORGET HOW TO SPEAK ENGLISH," I said as I faked a bewildered look.

"Wait, what was I going to tell you? OH! OKAY! I went shopping the other day and I bought you a gift!" she smiled.

"You didn't have to!" I said while waving it off.

"Oh please! For becoming one of my best friends, I got you a gift," she exclaimed while skipping to her closet. She brought the shirt to me in a gift bag.

She handed it to me with a wide smile. I looked inside and was so happy.

"Ooooh this is such a nice tunic!" I smiled as I thanked her. I gave her a hug. Inside the bag was a black tunic with laced shoulders.

http://www.forever21.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=FOREVER21&category%5Fname=sale&product%5Fid=2082349224&Page=1 

"I'm glad you like it plus I noticed you like black and I think black looks good on you so I chose this! I really like your style by the way," she complimented.

"Same about you! You have the cutest clothes," I smiled to her. Before I went home, she showed me around.

Her family, like my dad owned a business. Her dad was an architect and her mom used to be a nurse. Her room was very unique and she explained to me that her dad designed this house. She was really proud when she showed me around.

"I'll get going now! See you later!" I told her as I put on my shoes.

"Alright then, I'll talk to you later," she said as we exchanged half hugs. We waved to each other and I said goodbye to her mom. I walked home with my hands in my pocket. Talking to her made my day a whole lot better. As I walked home I recieved a text from my best friends back in LA.

LILY CHOI YOU ARE IN BIG TROUBLE FOR NOT TALKING TO US! WE WILL COME TO KOREA AND KIDNAP YOUR CUTE LITTLE FACE! DONT FORGET TO UPDATE US ON HOW YOU ARE DOING XD TTYL! BYE FOR NOW! <3

I laughed to myself and replied. I've been caught up on preparing myself for auditions. Only 3 more days and I would have to stand on that huge stage in front of five judges. I continued to walk home and saw someone get out the car, reaching for the doorbell. It was Key.

"Oppa!" I greeted from behind him.

"Hee Young!" he waved.

"Have you eaten yet?" he asked me with a smile.

I shook my head and asked him the same. He didn't eat either.

"Let me treat you to dinner then. I was busy earlier so I couldn't go to lunch with you and Minho," he explained.

"You didn't have to," I smiled.

"Oh, by the way. Are you feeling a lot better now?" he asked while feeling my forehead with the back of his hand.

"Oppa! That was long ago!" I laughed.

"That's good then," he said while putting his hands in his pocket.

We both turned our head when we heard the gate close.

"Oh! Key! How are you?" my dad smiled as he walked over.

"I'm fine, thank you. And how are you?" Key greeted my dad as he bowed.

"Same old same old!" my dad smiled as he patted Key's shoulder. This is what I liked about my dad. He was always easy going and he didn't overreact. He was a really cool dad.

"Oh Hee Young. I had our chef prepare something for you. I have a dinner meeting tonight with Mr. Park and Mrs. Kang," he told me.

"Oh alright then. Have fun dad!" I said. We were speaking in english.

"Mr. Choi, is it alright if I take Hee Young for dinner out tonight?" Key asked, politely.

My dad thought about it and nodded.

"I'll bring her back around ten, I promise," Key said.

"No problem. Have fun and look out for yourselves alright," my dad agreed. He gave me a 'be careful he's a boy' look. I nodded at him and he winked.

"Alright, see you guys later!" he waved as he got into the backseat of the car.

We waved to him and when he was out of sight, I turned to Key.

"Let's go!" he smiled.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"To Shinee's dorm! I'm cooking dinner for everyone," he gleamed.

"I guess that's why they call you umma," I teased.

"I have to live up to that name right?" he chuckled as he closed my door for me.