Chapter 12

Life, Love, and the Teenage Years as a Trainee

I got out of the car and walked Max to the pet store. It was more like a Pet-Depot. There were different varieties of animals. Animals that lived in cages, swam in water, slept under light, you name them all. I found the dog/cat area and went to a random aisle.

Since all customers had to leave their pets in a designated area and leave their name and phone number, I gave Max to the lady and I continued shopping.

"Blue or gray?" I asked myself as I picked out beds. I took the dark gray bed and I went looking for toys. I got a bone and some chew toys. I shopped for a little while longer and decided to pick out some dog food and dishes.

The store wasn't very packed and I was glad I could make my way through the store. The store was pretty noisy since all the animals were barking, meowing, or chirping. I think I heard a 'cricket criket'.

I found the dog food and picked up two stainless steel dishes. I grabbed a medium sized bag and looked at can foods.

"Omo, tuna and salmon?" I gasped quietly, "I don't even eat these on a daily basis."

As I pondered the selection of various fish, I extended my arm to grab tuna and salmon.

I reached out and out of nowhere, some hand was grabbing the same can I was.

Our hands stayed like that for a moment. I couldn't really budge. I think a 'manly' hand was on top of mines and he didn't budge.

"Excuse me," I said without making eye contact.

I tried to wiggle my hand out of his grasp but without much success, our hands were still in that position.

I looked down and saw big feet. Yeah, must be guy shoes.

"Mianhe, if you would kindly take your hand off of mine," I said a little irritated by our akward position.

I tried with lots of force but that hand WOULD not budge. I huffed and my bangs flew up. This time it was a ert!

"Yah, why won't you move your hand you PER-" I said with a raised voice.

I was now looking into a guys eye that was covered by pretty nice shades. AISH, what was I thinking. A ert is HOLDING MY HAND?! I couldn't see his profile very clearly.

Unaware of who the heck was in front of me, I started to argue about how this is embarassing me and why won't he let go. I complained about how it was wrong to hold a person's hand especially if you didn't know them. Accidents were enough but not letting go or saying sorry was just OVER.

I threatened to call the manager but he didn't budge. Instead, the corners of his lips turned up.

"UGH, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!?!?!" I shouted. As I tried to get my phone out, he took his hands off of mine.

"THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUU AHHHHH"I stuttered.

That stranger spun me around and clapsed his hands on my eyes.

"OMOOOO! YOU ERT! STOP TOUCHING ME! I DEMAND YOU TO TAKE YOUR FILTHY HANDS OFF OF ME NOW!" I screamed.

This time, he actually responded.

"Shhh," was all he said.

"SHHH?! YOU WANT ME TO SHHHH?! OMO, WHAT GUTS YOU HAVE,"I yelled.

"I know. They're inside my body," he teased.

OH. MY. GOD. I couldn't believe what I just heard. This dude just said that to me? Oh HAIL no.

Before I could break free of his grasp, I felt a hot breath next to my ear.

I was stiff and not sure of what to do. I pondered all of my choices whether or not to kick him well, you know where. I was so busy thinking I forgot the saying: "Don't think. Run." Like that was gonna work.

I tried making a run for it but he was too strong, plus my face hurted from running against two hands that smelled good.

OMGOSH, WHAT AM I SAYING?

The mysterious and erted person started to sing into my ear. The singing was so mellow I couldn't make out the words. But when I did, I lost all motion and my jaws dropped open. We stood there in what seemed like forever. Was this who I thought it was?

The singing soon stopped as his hands slowly lost the strength used to hold me back. However, his face was still next to mine and his lips near my ear.

"Guess who," said a familiar voice in a tone that seemed like the person was having fun.

GULP. WHAT IF IT'S NOT HIM? I WILL BE EXTRA EMBARASSED BECAUSE THIS IS SOMEONE I PROBABLY KNOW.

I didn't reply, hoping I would get hints. Instead, the longer I took to reply, the longer he waited for me.

It was complete silence and all I could sense was his slow steady breathing.

"Oppa?" I guessed. HEHE, this will work, right?

The ert started to chuckle and he spoke after enough chuckling.

"Oppa?" he mocked.

"Hee Young-ah, you have a lot of oppas. Who do you wish it is?" the voice said.

It was becoming a lot more familiar now.

"Young...bae...oppa...? ahem," I said with question in my voice as I cleared my throat.

"Ah, Hee Young hopes it's Taeyang," the voice said with satisfaction.

I was almost dying to know who it was, but almost dying because I was so scared and a little emabarassed. Who knows why.

The hands slowly released from my face and I relaxed a little. I squeezed my eyes shut and I didn't want to turn around. It was really quiet and I stood like grass trying to resist the wind. I stayed in this position until I heard whistling and footsteps.

I turned around abruptly to see who it was.

I saw...no one. Oh my god.

I ran out of the aisle to follow the footsteps, but I couldn't find the ert. Was that my head? I was 99% sure I had heard something.

I stood at the entrance and stared out ahead. I was so shocked I couldn't even move. Was my mind playing tricks on me? But I still remembered the scent of his sleeve.

As I was about to walk out, the lady called out,

"Miss, you haven't paid yet."

I snapped back to reality. I gave her a sheepish laugh and I kind of stumbled my way to the check out and then to get Max.