Chapter 28

Life, Love, and the Teenage Years as a Trainee

"Lee Seungtae. Kang Miyoung, Lee Saegyeong. Yoon Hana. Dong HyunKi," on and on Grdagon went. I was so happy for Sae! I was happy to know that she was even closer to her dreams.

"Our final ten," Gdragon announced.

Blah blah blah. Now we were up to the final 3 and I still didn't have my name called. I have a disappointed feeling already.

"Choi Heerin,"

My heart stopped for a second. I now knew that I wanted this as much as anyone here. Afterall, I didn't even think about quiting after my first audition.

"Kwon Yoochang,"

One more person. Please let it be me!

I closed my eyes and opened them. I swallowed hard and prayed inside my head. Everyone around me was quiet and they were clasping their hands together.

"Our final candidate is....Kim Chaerin," Gdragon announced.

I couldn't believe my ears. My heart sank and my shoulders drooped.

"Thank you all for coming to the YG audition!" Park Bom smiled.

"Just a second!" Teddy almost shouted.

"We have made a mistake. We meant to say Choi Heeyoung. Miss Choi, please take the exit to your right," he smiled.

"Neh, kamsahamnida," I bowed. My bad mood immediately faded away and my prayers have been heard.

You did it LILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I walked across the stage, I reached to open the door, but before I did, it was pushed open from the other side.

"CONGRATULATIONS CONGRADDDDUUUUUURRRRAATIION!" Seungri and TOP almost yelled. Youngbae was just standing there looking at me.

"Kamsahamnida," I bowed.

"You're one of us now!"

"We look forward to seeing your progress now,"

I smiled and thanked them. Seungri and TOP went to congratulate other people and I excused myself and headed toward the room where other candidates went. As I turned to walked away, Youngbae called me.

"Heeyoung. Wait," he called, calmly.

I turned to face him and he went on.

He spoke loud enough so that only us two could here.

"What happened the other day, forget about it please. It's a misunderstanding," he started. I cut him off.

"Actually, I don't think an explanation is necessary. I saw what I saw and that's that. I have nothing to to with this," I said back, a little bitterly.

"You do," he said in a monotone voice. With that, he walked off. I couldn't believe this. I shook my head and went into the room. I hate his guts. I'm starting to become more and more irritated when I see him but I don't know why.

I took a seat next to Sae and she smiled at me. I smiled back.

"Congratulations everyone!!!! After we pass out our packets to you guys, we can answer questions and you will be free to go on home and share your wonderful news with your family and friends!" Bom smiled. An assisstant was giving us packets.

"These packets are information packets. Tommorow is the enrollment day and we need the formed completed and signed from you guys. You can choose to stay with YG or decline the offer," she explained. I got the thick packet and looked through it. It told us about YG Entertainment and how the training would go.

Since Sae and I had no questions we headed out.

"Heeyoung!" SeungTae called. I looked back and the rest of the guys in my group were there.

"Hey!" I greeted. They walked to us and Sae was eyeing me with a smile.

"Congratulations!!!" they hugged me. I hugged them back too.

"Now we get to train together," I smiled. They nodded and smiled widely.

"Annyeong!" they greeted Sae.

"Annyeong!" she smiled.

"I guess we're all in this together aren't we?" Jihoon laughed.

"That's for sure," I laughed. Sae and I waved to them and headed out. We took the elevator to the main floor and pushed out of the revolving doors.

"WE DID IT!" Sae shouted as she spread her arms wide. We were surrounded by many loud and cheerful people who passed, just like us.

"Hard work paid off," I agreed.

"Come on, I'll send you home. My driver should be here," Sae told me as she tugged on my arm.

We walked to the left in harmony. We were cheerful and we hummed to various songs.

"Im so excited!!!!!!!!!" Sae spazzed. I spazzed along with her too. I couldn't wait to tell my friends Jessica and Kim. I couldn't wait to tell Minho too, but I would have no idea of how my mom, sister, and brothers would react, much more of my mom and sister. I think Jae and Nick would be alright with it.

When we almost reached her car, I heard a familiar voice.

"Lily!!!" a guy called.

"No way," I said, while turning to look at Sae.

"Mwoh?" she asked.

"I think I hear my brother," I said with my eyes large.

"LILY CHOI!" the voice called again, this time, with my last name included.

"I think that's the person calling you," Sae told me as she pointed behind me. I turned slowly to my right, eyeing Sae. She seemed confused and a little scared.

"OH MY GOD IT'S NICK!" I yelled into Sae's ear. I was frozen in my spot. My brother was leaning against his car waving at us.

"Omo. You didn't tell me your brother was this hot," Sae said with slightly open.

"I'll tell you more in the future! I'll see you later," I shouted as I gave her a half hug. She stood there dumbfounded. Nick was smiling widely at me as he checked out the tall building.

"NICKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I screamed as I jumped onto him. I wrapped my whole body around him and he was basically carrying me. I was so happy to see him again.

"Sup lil sis!" he laughed as he twirled me around. I buried my head into his shoulder and squeezed the air out of him.

"You're here! I totally forgot about it!!!!!!!" I smiled as I looked at him.

"WHAT. DID. YOU. SAY? FOR. GET?" he said with his face in disbelief. He set me down and pointed to himself. He pretended to be mad. I could see it in his pretty boy face.

"OPPPAAA! You mad bro?" I teased as I poked his dimple.

Poke. Poke. Poke.

"Hey. Watch yo finger. You're gonna mess this up," he said as he made circles in the air around his face. I rolled my eyes and hugged him tightly. He tried to shake me off but in the end he gave in and hugged me back.

"You know..people are staring at us and there's these two dudes," he said, loud enough for me to hear.

"Shhh. I'm trying to hear what they are saying," I shushed him.

"Omo he's so cute!"

"I think we know her!"

"Are they together?"

"OMOMOMOM he speaks English,"

Whoa whoa whoa. Together? EWWWWW!

"They think we're together?" we laughed at the same time. We pulled out of our hugs and turned around.

"Hey lil sis, let's take dad out for dinner shall we?" Nick said, loud enough for a couple of giggling girls to hear.

"Sure Nick, let's go," I played along. We were speaking in English.

"Hey, those dudes over there, from something Bang?" Nick asked me. I looked to my right. Gdragon and Taeyang were looking at us. Gdragon smiled and waved at me and I waved back. Taeyang seemed a little moody. Gdragon walked over and he followed.

"Annyeonghasayo Jiyong oppa, Youngbae oppa," I bowed.

"Annyeong," Jiyong smiled. Taeyang muttered a hello.

"Hi, I'm Nichkhun. Call me Nick," my brother smiled as he offered a handshake. They seemed surprised but they shook his hand.

"Hi, I'm Jiyong," GD greeted.

"Youngbae," Taeyang said as he shook his hand.

"Oppas. Nick is my older brother and he's staying in Korea before he studies abroad in Japan," I explained. They nodded in understanding.

"By the way. You should call everyone here sunbae or sunbaenim now. No oppa this oppa that in public," Jiyong winked. I laughed and nodded.

"Araso," I laughed.

"Congratulations on becoming a trainee now. We look forward to working with you in the future," Jiyong smiled. I nodded and thanked him. They said their goodbyes and went back into the building.

I felt a little uneasy after looking at Youngbae. I turned back to Nick and he had the car door open for me.

"Trainee? Let's go home. You've got some spilling to do," he said. I looked at him funnily and sighed. Maybe he didn't seem so happy for me.