Chapter 2

Life, Love, and the Teenage Years as a Trainee

"Oh my gosh. This is a long flight," I whined as I stretched my arms.

My dad yawned and ruffled my hair. "It sure is. Wait until we reach the airport. I have a surprise for you," he winked.

What surprise? It better be good. My hurts, A LOT.

The flight attendent arrived with food we had ordered earlier.

"Here are your steaks, salads, and soups. Enjoy!" she smiled. We ate in silence as we watched the movie Black Swan, that was playing. After we finished eating, dad drifted off into a deep sleep while I looked out the window making eye contact with the fluffy clouds. I wonder what he's doing. Will he notice that I'm gone? My eyes watered, but I did not allow myself to cry over another boy, especially him.

After the movie stopped playing, I decided to practice my broken Korean speaking skills.

"Hmmm, I wonder how I should introduce myself. Uhhhh.....Jonuuun? Joneeuun? oh OH. Jonuen something something something. imnida. Oh I see! Joneun Lily Choi imnida. No wait, Joneun Choi Hee Young imnida," I mumbled as I flipped through the book. A little boy turned to look at me and muttered, "Pabo."

I was in disbelief even though I had no idea what he said. "Bubble? Oh here it is. OH. PABO," what the heck, he called me stupid? Well, well little boy. JIHSFUIAGOugtw98t8fjgfiufgALITTLEBOYCALLEDMESTUPID?!!?!?hsIGFIUGFugu. You know what? I'm not mad. I'm not mad. Pshhhh...maybe a little.

I normally did not care about name calling. "Must be the jet lag," I said annoyingly. I listened to Big Bang's Hands Up on my ipod. It was supposed to keep me awake, but instead, my eyes drooped and soon enough, I was fast asleep.

 

Couple of hours later~

 

"Stop shaking my arm." I mumbled as I was trying to shake a dog off my arm, "I said STOP!" and with that my eyes opened to realize that my dad was the dog that was on my arm.

"Oh, sorry dad," I apologized. Soon, we got off the plane and looked for our luggage. I sent one luggage onto the plane since all of my things were shipped to our new house.

"Mr. Choi! Mr. Choi! OVER HERE!!!" yelled an unfamiliar voice. Who could that be? As I wondered whose boy-ish voice belonged to, I turned my head to the direction from where the shouting was coming from.

It was like lightning that hit me. Whoa dang, that's one good looking boy. Is this my surprise? It's way better than good. Is he really calling my dad? Well that boy looks like he's 16 or seventeen. Who's that beside him? WHOOOOAAA, there are really cute looking guys in Korea.

My dad waved to them and walked towards them. I had no choice but to follow.

"Annyeong haseyo Mr. Choi," the two boys bowed. They looked at me curiously and smiled. They were gentlemen and introduced themselves to me.

"Ahhh, Taemin, you grew so much!" my dad exclaimed, "Oh Minho, you have become a handsome young man. Long time no see," my dad said approvingly.

I stared at my dad in disbelief. What? My dad knows these boys? My dad caught me staring at him and the boy's followed his gaze. He chuckled, "Minho, meet your cousin Hee Young. Her english name is Lily."

That guy who was my cousin smiled and waved, "Annyeong Hee Young."

I didn't know what to do until my dad made me bow and introduce myself. I had no problem understanding Korean, but it was the speaking part.

"Um, Joneun Lily imnida," I bowed. The boys immediately burst into laughter as people around us started to stare. My dad joined in and laughed. I introduced myself to Taemin and suprisingly enough he walked towards me and gave me a bear hug. Wow, this is weird and nice. Nice but weird.

I wondered why they were laughing as they led us to their car. It was a really nice car. I'm starting to think cars resemble one's personality. Good boy but drives a sleak car. Maybe the car makes him seem like a bad boy, but he is a good boy. Is he a good boy? Gosh, I need to observe my cousin Minho. This is so weird. Wait. CHOI MINHO? that guy from...NO WAY. I'm hallucinating. NOPE NOPE. JUST SEEING THINGS LILY. But he looks exactly like him. AISHH. aishh? what am i saying?!?!

I had no idea I was staring at Minho while he was loading my luggage into the trunk. My dad and Taemin had already taken their seats as they were adjusting their seat belts. Minho noticed my gaze as he slammed the trunk shut. He smiled and said, "Seem familiar to you?" he said in english that had a killer accent.

He opened the door for me and motioned me to enter. I thanked him and sat beside Taemin. Taemin, who was really cheerful, smiled brightly at me and then turned to stare ahead.

This is so wrong. Who are these people and what do they have to do with me and my dad?!