Chapter 31

Life, Love, and the Teenage Years as a Trainee

TWO DAY'S LATER (move-in day)

 

"This is it!" Sae and I high-fived as we finished unpacking the last box in our dorm. It was around 6:30 PM and we haven't stopped since 7 in the morning. We made our beds and put all of our clothes into the dressers and single closet.

"Let's eat and go grocery shopping," we agreed. We put on our shoes, grabbed our jackets and bags, and headed out.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Kamsahamnida!" we thanked the ahjumma who set down our food.

"This is delicious!" Sae and I smiled at the warm food in front of us. We ate and chatted and Sae was telling me funny stories of what happened at her school. 

We paid and walked out of the restaurant.

"Let's grab hot cocoa and go grocery shopping!" she smiled. I nodded and she linked her arm through mine. It was really chilly in Korea. 

We paid for our cocoa and we each grabbed a basket. 

We bought instant ramen, vegetables and meatballs for the ramen. We bought kimchi and a small bag of rice. We got eggs, milk, bread, ham, and cereal. We bought other things and went to pay. 

As we were walking to the cashier, something caught my eyes.

It was Youngbae walking to the cashier next to us. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"Heeyoung, are you alright?" Sae asked.

"HUH? Never been better," I covered.

"Alrighty then," she said. We split the cost and paid. After grabbing our grocery bags we headed to the door. Before we could take five steps, Youngbae walked past us and out of the store. It left Sae gaping.

"Yah, are you okay?" I nudged her.

"That's Taeyang! Omooo, did u see?" she asked, excitedly.

"Nope, now let's go," I said, giving her a little push. 

We walked across the street and back to the elevators. Park Bom, Taeyang, and TOP were waiting for the elevator too. 

"Told you so," Sae whispered.

"Whatever," I told her. We waited at the elevator next to them. Sae was kind of looking at them whereas I stared straight ahead, avoiding any type of eye contact. 

"Heeyoung-shi!" TOP greeted. I had to acknowledge him to be polite.

"Annyeonghasaeyo," I greeted at I bowed at the three of them. Sae followed my gesture.

I thought this was it until TOP walked over and ruffled my hair. 

"Ahh I remember grocery shopping when I was a trainee," he laughed.

"Does sunbae live here?" I asked curiously.

"Nah, we're just here to visit Teddy hyung. Wanna come?" he suggested.

"I'd like to but I've got to wake up early tomorrow. Thanks for the offer," I smiled.

"No problem! Well I gotta go! See yah," he waved.

"Bye!" I waved. Bom smiled at us while Taeyang just went into the elevator after just acknowledging Sae. 

"You know them?" Sae asked when we were in the elevator.

"Well it's a long story," I said. 

"It's okay, we have all night," she smiled. 

"Fine, but don't breathe a word," I said to her.

"Promise," she said, handing out her pinky.

I told her the whole story of how Minho was my cousin and that's how I got to know Big Bang. She listened with wide open and I just continued on with my story. 

"WOW! THIS IS SO COOL!" she clapped.

"Oh please," I laughed. 

"OMG MINHO IS MY BIAS! AND I LOVE TOP! AHHHH!" she shrieked. I just shook my head at her. 

"Just wait until I show you their posters!" she said, while running to our room. 

"Come here!"

I followed her order and gaped at how many TOP and Minho posters she had.

"REALLY? I don't want to see my cousin every day while I'm changing," I said to her. 

"JUST ONE PLEASE?" she begged with puppy eyes.

"On your side of the room," I said.

"YAY!" she cheered. She hung a poster of TOP and Minho. 

"Something is missing," she said to herself. 

"You need your posters too!" she smiled.

"Fine," I said.  This girl was hyper and I was really tired. After hanging up my Suju poster, Big Bang poster, 2ne1 poster, and Miss A poster Sae started spazzing over them. Then she added a MBLAQ, B2ST, and Infinite poster to her side of the wall. I wonder how many more she had. I hung up my final poster and it was of Harry Potter. 

Sae showered first while I was hooking up the television, fixing the internet, and organizing some random objects. 

"Your turn," she said while wrapping her hair in a towel.

"Alright," I answered, while grabbing my pjs. By the time I finished showering, Sae had already passed out. We were going to wake up and 6:10am so I set the alarm and went to bed. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beep beep beep

I shot up at the sound of the alarm. Sae was also getting up too.

"Good morning!" she smiled.

"Morning!" I replied while rubbing my eyes. 

We brushed our teeth together and we were growing closer together by the minute. We were becoming great friends even by bonding while getting ready in the morning. She changed in the bathroom and me in the room. I changed into this. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSificQnUPwtbCoaKOq15h

Sae was wearing this. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRr_BEx3e9CBKb_KnmxfS6

We grabbed our bags and headed out. 

"Hold up," Sae said said before running back to our room. She threw on her jacket and we headed to the elevator. Hana and her friend were there before us.

"Good morning," she smiled at me.

"Good morning," I replied. I acknowleged her friend. Her friend didn't seem too bad but she seemed like the type to be scared of Hana. She gave a half smile. 

All of us rode the elevator and I nudged Sae. She looked at me and at the back of Hana. She wrinkled her nose. I stiffled my laughter by coughing. Finally the door opened and we all got out. There were some people in the lobby ready to leave. Our leaders who made sure we were on time and in check led us to the YG building, where we would have class. 

All of us were separated into groups and thank goodness I had Sae with me. 

"Annyeonghasaeyo! I am your vocal teacher!" a lady in her thirties smiled.

"Annyeonghasaeyo! I am your dance teacher!" guy in his late twenties smiled. We were going to meet more teachers tomorrow.

We were going to have vocal lessons today and then we would go watch trainees who have been here much longer than we did. 

I couldn't wait for training. Although it would be a long and hard process, I would have this chance to know myself better.