Chapter 23

Life, Love, and the Teenage Years as a Trainee

"Hee Young. The only thing you need to be aware of are your hips. They are very stiff, therefore I recommend you learn how to Salsa or learn some type of dance that will loosen you up," Youngbae said. 

Salsa? Salsa!?!!! Salsa your head Youngbae. I never see you move your hips. Well maybe once but still. You are so UGHGHHGHGHG.

I practically threw my pillow as I turned and layed on my stomach. I was embarassed by his comment and he irritated me so much. And to think that he was my bias. PSH. NOT ANYMORE. Well at least not at the moment.......

I brought my laptop to my bed and searched up 'How to Salsa'. I clicked on a random video and immediately I closed the tab.

"So what if I can't move my hips? I'll have someone move them for me. See?! Problem solved," I growled. Ever since I was little my family made fun of me because at weddings, I was always very stiff on the dance floor. Because Youngbae had to indicate that I was stiff was even more embarassing.

"YAH. YOU BUTTHEAD!" I teared. I wasn't usually this sensitive but I hated it when people pointed out my flaws I threw my pillow and aimed at Youngbae on the poster.

Every day I shock SHOCK, every night I shock SHOCK..... my phone rang.

"Yobosayo?" I answered without looking at the caller ID.

"Hey! You finally picked up!" my cousin yelled through the phone.

"Hey, what's up?" I greeted.

"Wanna go grab a bite with me?"

"Uhh...."

"Come one! Girls are dying to go on a date wittttt meee"

"Oh stop. Your aegyo is killing me"

"Is that a yes?!!!! Come on, you can't be too busy right?"

"I didn't say anything except for uhhhh" I laughed.

"Well, you were thinking too long. I'm in the middle of my schedule" Minho whispered.

"Ohkay then sheessh" I whispered back.

"I'll be there at 1:00! Cya later alligator!"

"Kay, see you,"

I shut my phone and checked the time. 12:20 PM.

I did not sleep for that long! My eyes bugled out and I jumped up immediately.

"Goottaa hurrryyyy! A girl needs some time to pamper herself," I sang as I rushed into the bathroom.

I showered quickly and fixed my hair. I had trouble deciding what to wear even because I wasn't in the mood to wear what was mostly in my closet. I looked out my window and it was gloomy. Perfect. It looked like it was going to rain and I had an excellent way to choose my clothes.

I closed my eyes and stood at my balcony.

"Hana, dul, set!" and I opened my eyes. The first thing I saw was a girl and guy walking hand in hand. They were wearing peacoats and scarves.

"Peacoat it is," I said as I snapped my fingers.

Since the weather in Korea was way chillier at this time of year than L.A, I was ready to bundle myself up. I wore dark skinny jeans, a white long sleeved sweater, and a black peacoat that reached my waist. I wrapped my teal scarf around my neck and pulled on a crocheted beanie/hat that covered the back of my head. I had a cluch that had a chain strap for my shoulder. I then went into the bathroom to make my face seem presentable.

I plucked my eyebrows and fixed my bangs. I drew a wing on both eyelids. I curled my eyelash and applied a minimal amount of mascara. Lastly, I put on lip moisturizer. Even though this was Minho, my cousin, I enjoy dressing up. Excuse me for being such a girl.

It was 12:50 and I made my way downstairs.

"Dad! I'm going to go out with Minho for lunch," I said as I poked my head into the study.

"Minho checked with me before he told you so go ahead. Have a good time," he smiled as he looked up from his papers.

"I think I'll hang out with Sae afterwards. Is that okay with you?" I asked.

"Of course. Just watch out and be observant okay?" he asked.

I responded and the doorbell rang just in time.

I gave my dad a hug before putting on my boots.

I opened the door to a smiling Minho leaned against the doorframe.

"Hola," he waved at me. I laughed at him and he made a semi-circle with his arms.

"May I?"

"You may" I smiled as I linked my arm through his.

Minho was already one of my favorite cousins by his 'trying to be a gentleman' behavior. He opened the car door and I sat in his nice car with leather seats.

"Put these one," Minho said as he handed me a pair of sunglasses as he put one on too.

"What are these for?" I asked.

"To protect you from the paparazzi and being run over by fans and to protect me from being recognized," he said.

"Oh please, even if Youngbae wore sunglasses, I'd be able to recognize him," I said.

"Well that's cause he wears them often times on stage. Wait, why bring him up?" Minho asked.

"True...wait, what? Uh he's just an example like I could recognize Jonghyun and Kikwang," I said a little too quickly.

"Are you changing the topic?" Minho teased.

"Oh puuuhleasseeee. Hey, watch where you're driving," I added.

"Okie dokie Youngbae loverrr," he purred.

I shot a glare at him but I guess he didn't see since we both had sunglasses on.

"Whe're here!" he announced as we parked in front of a cozy coffee shop.

He opened the door for me and we entered the coffee shop.

There were sandwiches, soups, bakery goods, teas, smoothies, coffee, and more. For a small shop, it contained many cozy booths and a handful of people.

"This way please," the waiter said as he led us to a booth near the back of the shop. Each booth had a little curtain and a small stained-glass window. There were two cushiony seats and a table in between as wells as a nice light feature hanging from the ceiling. In the background, there was soft music playing and the smell of basil and mocha.

After we ordered our food, the waiter came with our plates and our drinks. I ordered a soup, salad, breadsticks, and hot cocoa. Minho ordered a sandwich, soup, and a mocha latte.

I thanked the good looking waiter and he smiled and pulled the curtains for us. Minho took off his sunglasses and I followed.

"Let's dig in," Minho clapped. We ate in silence for a while until we heard laughter from another booth next to us.

"They're loud," Minho shook his head as he took another bite from his sandwich.

"So how are the auditions going?" Minho asked, curious.

"I passed all of the cuts and I have the last audition on the 5th!" I smiled.

"Seriously?! That's awesome! Wait until Key hears this," he grinned.

"Key?' I asked. This time, it was my turn to bulge my eyes out.

"Key? What you forgot the key to your house?" Minho asked seriously, "Well your dad is home so that's okay".

"No I meant Kibum oppa," I corrected him.

He turned his head in confusion but I knew he was being fishy.

"Nah, nevermind," I said while taking a sip of my cocoa.

We ate and talked for a while longer. Minho went to pay the bill and I was on my way to the ladies' room.

I passed by the booth left of us and I happened to see through the curtains that weren't pulled very well. I saw a girl with long hair lay her hand on the guy's hand and he didn't do anything except for smile. Suddenly, he reminded me of someone. I took a step forward and took off my sunglasses.

"Is that oppa?" I asked as I was sure of what was in front of my eyes. Before I could turn and move, the girl crushed her lips onto his and tried to lure him into the mode. He tried to pull back but she wouldn't budge. She pulled him by his jacket and flirtaciously smoothed his tie.

"Stop," he said in between a couple of breaths. I couldn't believe I had to witness this, but what I couldn't believe was how I was feeling.

Oh please Lily, like this matters. It probrably reminds you of Danny.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and I heard Minho's voice.

"Are you alright Hee Young? Why are you standing here?" Minho asked. I didn't budge but the guy in the booth did.

He jerked his head in our direction and so did she. He was with a female celebrity and she gave me a look that made me uncomfortable.

"Hee Young I...." Youngbae said as he was suddenly cut off.

"Come on, let's go," I said angrily as I pulled Minho with me. Because he was a tad slow, I broke into a run and leaned against the car. I needed air and I needed to catch my breath. I was very mad with myself and I didn't know why.

Was I jealous? I really had no explanation of all that ran through my mind.