Chapter 62: Blind Date

Reason

Infinite - Special Song

 

"Aniyo Umma!!!!" Suzy already heard the news that her Mother set her up in a blind date with the son of their company's new partner. She objected to her Mother's idea and still she whined like a little child. Her Mother tried convincing her to go on with the date but she refuses to go. Their house was full of shouts, screams and whines. She even made their furniture go places to another by pushing them when she's angry. Sometimes, throws  their vase and smaches them to pieces. She really  doesn't want to have a blind date with someone she doesn't know. If Naeun agreed to her parents that they'll have her an arranged marriage, then she won't let herself fall in love with a guy which she's not familiar with. She was stubborn. A hard headed girl. But still her Mother wasn't tired of convincing her daughter cuz she knew that she'll act this way so she was ready to face whatever circumstances she'll have to handle.

 

Suzy's POV

What's wrong with you Umma? Am I that useless to you now? Eventhough you said it's Just a blind date, I can still sense that something's really fishy! I know you to well. After planning that blind date, you'll arrange a silly marriage without me knowing it! I'm not stupid! Your just throwing your daughter to some guy? You didn't even met this guy before and why did you approve to this idea? You said it was for the company's sake?! What about my sake? Is the company that important to you? Is the company your only child now? Then what am I? just a display that you can put in a house? A doll that's been waiting to be sold to some customer? You're really disappointing me! For the past few years, you haven't been here! Then you came back and that's what you give me? You set me to some kind of date without my consent?!! How dare you!!! Is that what a Mother should do to her child? Was that the responsibility that Appa entrusted to you? If Appa's here you're surely be dead!!!




"Please Suzy! Just give it a try? If you don't like the guy in one glance then go home. Just meet up with him and done! Just try it.. its just only one date. Just one date and no more.. Please?" My Mother begged. Yeahh that's right you beg more until your knees touches the ground!




"I already don't like him! just cancel that stupid date so we don't have to deal with this problem anymore!!!"




"But it's already settled! Don't you want to live a happy life? With a family?" What?!!! FAMILY?!!





"Umma!! I'm only 21 years old! You hear me? I'm 21 years old and you're already planning to build me a family? Other Mothers even spanks their kid if they get pregnant in an early age. But you! You're rushing stuff! You're really crazy Umma!"




"No! What I mean is.. I don't want you to grow old without having Boyfriends or experiencing kissing! Your life would be boring. Aren't you thankful because your Mother's giving you freedom to do what you want?" FREEDOM?!!! Do you even know what that means? I bet you don't ! because you're talking nonsense again! Did Japan polluted your mind and made your coconut shell break? Where did all your knowledge go?




"Freedom.. yeah I'm thankful. But are you giving me freedom to choose whom I'll love? Without forcing me? I know you Umma.. even if you say its just a blind date, you mean even more than that! I didn't know you'll be like this. Are you even my Mother?" I walked upstairs, locked my room and took time to think. She already knows that I don't want to but why's she still forcing me? I know she's just worried about me not having boyfriends and not enjoying life full of love, but that's just what I want. That's how I drive my life. I want to be alone, by myself with the one I truly love. I cried.. reminiscing the happy moments we once shared. Will he ever come back? I know he will but why's that someone's been telling me that he won't?




Appa! What's wrong with me? You once said that you'll find the perfect guy for me? I've waited for so long! Why isn't he coming? I thought Myungsoo's the perfect one for me but he left! Is the guy that Umma said in my blind date will be the one? Hope he'll be.. But please make me smile when I see him. I miss smiling. I tried smiling before but there's no reason behind it. Its just Fake. Appa! I know its been awhile that I hand't been requesting you to do this but.. If you want me to go on that pathetic blind date, please let someone text, call or send me emails or something. But just let someone tell me something nice, something pleasant to hear, something that'll make me jump,scream,shout,stumble,drumstruck,dumbfounded,surprise,happy or faint in Happiness. I'll wait Appa.. Hope you won't dissapoint me. I'll wait..




An hour left but still no sign of any good news. I almost fell asleep. But my mind keeps on telling me to wait. I almost gave in but suddenly, my phone beeped. It was a text from Woohyun.

 

Suzy-ah! How are you? I've been missing you lately..
-Woohyun

Yeahh.. I missed you too! I thought it was already Appa's respond but it wasn't. I need to get my hopes a little bit lower this time. Of course Appa wouldn't pair me with Umma's Blind Guy. That's what I call him from now on! He's Blind Guy! Couple of rings already came but no good news was flaunting! There's one good news that came but it didn't made me react to the most exaggerating level. What a fool I am! Suzy!!! Listen! Appa wouldn't let you go on that Date! So just sleep and don't mind that Date thing. Its presposterous!




I was sleeping heavily when my phone beeped like it wants to explode! Three phone calls and 6 messages from Woohyun. I opened the messages first. I wasn't that excited at all. But when my eyesight was fixed and when my eyes didn't get blurry anymore, someone's name caught my eye!

 

SUZY-AH!!!





































GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

THE LONG WAIT IS DONE!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

MYUNGSOO'S BACK IN SEOUL! :)
-Woohyun

 

 

 

 

 

 

I didn't screamed, shout, jumped, stumbled or any reactions I've said didn't come out. But actually there's a mixture of emotions was being felt. I couldn't believe it! He's here! He's finally here. Appa! Was this the good news you're talking about? Is this really it? Are you sure this is it? But why? Why? You gave me a really great news but you want me to go on that pointless date? A Date that I could meet a guy that someone not like Myungsoo? Ohh please.. but if you really want to.. then I'll give it a shot. I'll tell Umma that I'll go on that date. I don't know if I'm Happy because he's here or sad because  I had to meet with some stranger.

 

End of POV

As the Morning came, Suzy deliberately said her decision to her Mother. Her Mother was extremely happy that they immediately went to the mall and shopped for beautiful clothes and high heeled shoes. They bought jewelries, bags and more things that women use. When all of her Mother's credit card has been used, they went home satisfied with the things they bought.




"Umma? When's the date?" Suzy asked




"Tomorrow evening. So you have to be ready tomorrow cuz the moment you wake up, we'll go to the salon and have your make-over and we'll do your hair too. Straight hair is so boring! So when I say wake up! You should wake up or else I'll pour hot water while you're sleeping. you don't want your skin to look like a lobster's right? Really pink that swells?"




"A-aniyo! I'll have my clock alarmed so I won't be late.." she said and got ready for bed

 

***

 

9:30 and Suzy was still fast asleep. Her Mother brought a cup of water with her. Is it hot or cold? She breathe deeply and shouted




"RISE AND SHINE!" and poured the water on Suzy "You're lucky I poured warm water and its just half the cup! Get ready and we'll go" Her Mother walked out of her room and gave her some space to get ready "Aish! I almost drowned" Suzy took a quick shower and dressed herself nicely. Wearing t-shirt, jeans and sneakers combined with a messy, long and boring straight hair. But she looks really casual. As soon as they entered the salon, they've done her hair, make-up and got her dressed like a little doll. When the girly stuff's over, their driver drove her to a really fancy looking restaurant




"So ths is what it feels like to be a daughter of the owner of a company. I feel rich. For some time, I feel like a beggar without Umma" When she entered the place, A well-dressed lady approached her and asked if she had any reservations.




"I think so..Please check if there's Bae Suzy that's reserved.." she said and the lady excused herself and checked a really big book all written there were reservations from the customers. While waiting, her Mother texted her.

 

 

Did You see him? If not.. Here's his number! call him.. His parents gave it to me.
Have a great dinner! Hwaitng ♥
-
Umma

 

Well that was supportive. The lady went back and told her that she'll be sitting on table number 7. The lady led the way to the empty table. She waited for him to come but still not even a strong scent that came from a guy passed.

 

Umma! Are you kidding me? I've waited miutes ago.
But no sign of this guy's ugly face!
- Suzy

 

While she was sending her text message, her date finally come. or did he? She took notice of it and was ready to nag disrespectful words "I'm sorry but is it appropriate to be late? You're even a guy and you made a lady wait for you! How shameful. Are you even sorry?" when she puts down her phone, she was surprised. She was embarrassed and her face was burning red.




"We thought that you're waiting for your date so here's the Menu if ever you're ready to order while waiting." The male waiter said and walked away. Suzy bowed slightly and hit her head with the Menu. She covered her face with the rectangular Menu and scanned the restaurant's ohh-so-called famous dish. She made the Menu stand on its own while she dials her date's number but the other line's too busy to pick up. She was irritated. Completely! Her patience almost run out.




"Instead of picking for the food you'll gonna eat could you first greet your date?" Suzy didn't notice that her date's already there waiting for her to put down that Menu. He seemed pissed too. Maybe he didn't want to have this dinner date with a stranger that he doesn't know. Suzy acted stubborn so she didn't put down the thing but instead she looks at it while bickering with the guy across her.




"You were the one who's late! and you have the guts to say that? How awesome of you! Why don't you pick your food too and mind your own business and maybe after you order and eat, mind as well leave cuz I was enjoying myself when you weren't here" she said and made an evil laugh without making any sounds.






"You got attitude. I bet you're that greedy to eat all the food here huh? Then what do I call you? A pig? Sounds nice isn't it? Not as nice like others would say" Suzy was really angry. One thing that she really wants to do is throw the Menu on his face til his face became rectangular.





"Me? Pig? I haven't ate anything because I was waiting for you! You Jerk!!!" she slammed the Menu of the table really hard and she finally saw her date.






Comment me :) Thanks for reading ! God Bless