Chapter 55: Realized

Reason

Infinite - As Good As it Gets

 

 

Myungsoo's POV

Everything was so unclear to me. I was self-centered back then. I didn't care about other's feelings nor the purpose why'd they do that. I wasn't thinking well. Love blinded me and made me who I wasn't. I was a Fool ! Fool! Fool! Fool! I swear I wouldn't do it again. Especially to Suzy. Suzy who made me realize that love can never make things right. She made me realize alot of stuff. What will happen if I didn't met her? Nothing right? Maybe I wouldn't be here, standing infront of her door ready to knock and say my apology. I brisly knocked on her door and to much of her surprise, she didn't expect me to be standing infront of her right now.




"Were you resting?" I asked. Suddenly, my pride went low. Shy to face her, shy to say how sorry I am and shy to say how stupid I was for the past years.




"No.. wae?"




"Can we talk for a moment? Outside?" she closed the door right on my face! What the hell? How dare she slam it infront of me-?




"Ohh Kaja! Sorry I just took my jacket. Where are we going?" She was just taking her jacket? My bad.. I thought she already rejected my invitation. We walked around the neighborhood. Only the two of us having a night walk.




"How have you been?" I managed to speak first to avoid the awkward silence




"I'm fine" Why is it so awkward? She's your friend Myungsoo! go talk to her "How's your status?"




"Single.." Single? Don't lie ! You're engaged soon




"You're sure? Seems like you're hiding something.." Yeah that's right! Spill the words Naeun! "Yes I'm sure"




"I'm not that stupid" My voice was as cold as the night breeze blowing our skin out of our flesh




"Suzy told you?" I nodded Well, yes she did "Is it why you're here? To meet your fiancé
? Why'd you hide it from me? Its like you've stabbed me again after you rejected me years ago and you also made my parents lie saying you had some problem"




"I was afraid to tell you the truth cuz if I tell you, the wound I left will get bigger" Maybe, or Maybe not




"You still didn't know what'll happen and you're already afraid? Well I think hiding the news was better. I might rip off your organs if you'd said it to me without thinking. But not for long, my heart is once again back to pieces and is not beating for you anymore" I finally had the courage to say it right on her face.Take that!




"Yeah but.. wait? Aren't you mad?" she said alittle bit confused




"I was, but not anymore." I paused "I'm a fool. I was mad at you for years until you cameback.The anger I felt, poisoned my heart. Back then, we were immature and young. I didn't accept the fact that I was rejected. All I thought about was myself and on how I win your heart but I didn't know the circumstances. But now that we're in the right state of mind, I understand that life also needs failures and rejections. That life is unfair and cruel. So I need to forgive you and I hope you'll accept my sincere Apology" I feel nervous and ashamed to what I've done to her. I've forgotten her entirely but still, she cameback not for the guy, but for me. I'm really glad she still remembered me.
 She laughed "What a softy! I thought I already lost my friend" she ruffled my hair. The hair I worked so hard to maintain the spikes is now ruined! I glared at her "Stop glaring!" she slapped my face




"Yahh! That doesn't mean after we made up you can slap me all you want! You little brat!"




"Nae! Mianhe! Kim Myungsoo" Aish even saying my full name and acting cute "Okay! I'll accept your apology"




Well that was very pleasant to hear. Now that I have two friends, that'll just make my life blissful. Today was really fun. Suzy won, Naeun forgave me and I also forgave her. I wish her a happy family and a loving husband in the future.



 


<           >

Third week of March


Today is Sungjong and Woohyun's gradutaion. For the last few weeks, the three winners were separated from their regular class including Suzy. I didn't know what're they doing there though. From what I've seen, they were busy. I hardly talk, see or hear about her. But its alright, that's what she wants.. let's just leave her be. As you can see, the people who sought to find the ten M's eventhough their participants didn't win, they're now graduating ahead of us. They've strive so hard to hunt us and now, the heard work paid off really well. The ceremony took four hours to end.




"Yeah! I'm outta here!" Sungjong screamed in glee "Where's Suzy?" he asked




"Busy.." I said "She's always busy! Can't she take some rest for awhile?"




"I don't think so.. She's creating her dream to reality. I'm sure if she hadn't won, she'll be here to congratulate you guys"




"Let's just hope for her succuss nae?" Woohyun added




"Let's go and celebrate!" Making the atmosphere a little more bright. We went to a place where pork, beef and etc. is found. We enjoyed everything. It was a really fun. A guy night out. We took a rest for awhile.




"Let's call Suzy!" Sungjong said so I dialed her number "Hello?" the other line said




"Suzy-ah!!" Woohyun and Sungjong screamed in unison. They miss her more than I do "Ohh?!! How are you? Woohyun? Sungjong-ssi?" the loud speaker so they won't keep on screaming "We're incredibly fine! I wish you are too! Wish you're here with us"




"I can't. I have something to do. Ohh by the way! Congratulations on your Graduation! Was it fun?"




"Yes it was. But still, I wish you'd come" Sungjong whined "Sungjongie! If I didn't have this work, I'm sure I'm there with you guys but I'm really really sorry I can't" I gave them my phone and I took a little walk. Their voices can be heard anywhere!




"After winning the contest, you've been so busy! You didn't have much time with your friends. Can't you have a rest? A vacation?" Woohyun's voice echoed through the street




"Woohyun-ah! I ca't.. Maybe next time" She said "CAn I talk yo Myungsoo?" they gave my phone back




"Miss me?" I said "Pabo! So what's up?"




"Is that all you have to say? Nothing's up! How are you?"




"Fine. But mostly tired" I wish you could just have time for yourself "Preparing to debut huh?" there was a long pause "Myungsoo-ah! I think we need to talk some other time. Bye! Please congratulate Woohyun and Sungjong for me one last time okay? Nae annyeong!"*Beep*





"She said Congratulations once again.." I told them "I pity Suzy.." Sungjong's voice is obviously sad "Wae? Suzy's a strong girl"




"Not that! She needs rest, friends, and happiness!" Sungjong fired back "Do you think she's not happy?" Woohyun asked the maknae. I left them both arguing not barging in their conversation"Of course she's not!" 




"Why?" I asked "We're not there for her. Even by the phone, we can't say our encouragements because she had to do things. It didn't eventook hours to call her! She needs someone to cheer her up and to make her feel we're there for her" Sungjong was right. But how? That's the hardest thing we could do. How? How can we do that? how can I make her feel I'm there?


 

End of POV