Chapter IX

You believe me now, don’t you?

 

Tina’s P.O.V

I’m sort of left out that I didn’t have a chance to explain early fully and completely. It’s like I haven’t explained her about Mean completely, and I haven’t explained her about Aom completely as well. Talking about Aom, I just have no ideas of why I texted her last night and even being a jerk to her by speaking something nonsense. Gosh! What just happened with me last night? But honestly, I only felt that Aom should have known something behind it, something behind of Mean and me. I want her to know why I did that. However, after seeing all her text, I could tell that she didn’t take that as a big deal or so I thought. I told myself that if she didn’t care, why would I have to try so hard to let her understand? I didn’t feel bad at all about that, not at all.

Back to reality, I dress myself for the breakfast and ready to go downstairs to meet up with my family.

Just as I open my door, Mean is already there, trying to knock my door in. It gets me surprised a bit that why doesn’t she go to the dinning room but she’s just standing in front of my room like that.

“Hi!” she smiles.

“Good morning.” I crook a smile to her but she just doesn’t notice it.

“I’ve come by to take you down for breakfast.” She sounds so exciting.

I smile and shake my head a bit then answer back to her.

“I can walk myself down, Mean. I’m not a kid.” Then I giggle.

“Nah, I just wanna walk you down, can I?” she sounds like a little kid.

I’ve never realized it’s this awkward until I made a wild guess that she’s hitting on me. The point is, I’m not actually a “guy”. I might look like a guy physically, though mentally I’m not. I really feel like it is really awkward that she likes me and that she wants to be with me. To tell you the truth, I’m not gonna speak any single word to her about this and I’m gonna keep my mouth shut until she tells me what she thinks of me- until she decides she confesses to me, that’s when I need to explain her back. From now on, I’ll have to pretend I know nothing and I’ll have to pretend she loves me as her sister.

We walk down to the dinning room silently, not any single word gotten spit out of our mouths since I’m not in mood for talking.

We have arrived the dinning room now, and dad- as usual- has left for work already and mom goes along with him. That leaves only three of us for this breakfast.

“What takes you so long?” Air complains since she’s been waiting for me all morning.

“Make up, maybe?” I laugh.

“There would be a huge rainfall if you did. You never like make ups.” Air rolls her eyes.

“Huh, whatever. Let’s eat.” I smile.

I come to sit in front of air because my breakfast plate is set over here and Mean comes to sit next to me as well.

Air seems to notice about Mean now that I’ve told her about my story. She takes a quick stare then she turns back to her plate. Mean doesn’t realize about anything. All she’s doing is that she’s enjoying her breakfast like her normal behavior.

While I’m chewing my breakfast, I’m thinking of something else. I’m thinking of distancing myself from Mean, to give her time to make up her feelings or maybe to let her know that I don’t have anything for her. And if I have to stay home with her today, I’m sure she’ll just come to my room and will never leave until the bedtime comes.

What to do?

A thought of Aom pops up in my head that I somehow can spend my day at Aom’s place. But how can I make up a story to go without having Mean comes along with me?

That’s right, an urgent call then walks out can help it.

I pretend to pick up a phone call and leave urgently.

“Hello? Oh hey… what’s up?” I try to sound like it’s real.

I take a few seconds paused to pretend that I’m listening to someone on the phone call.

“Oh, never mind. I’m on my way.” Then I pretend to lock my phone and put it back in my pocket and walk out of the table.

“Hey, I’ll be out for the whole day. Goodbye Air and Mean” then I smile peacefully and walk away.

“Where are you going?” that voice stops me for a while.

“Umm, I’m a little bit busy. I can’t tell you the exact destination yet. Well, I’m in hurry. Bye” and I walk out again.

“Can I come with you?’ Mean asks me again.

“Umm, I prefer not because it’ll be all my friends out there. You should stay at home with Air because she’ll be home alone if you leave with me. Have fun.” This time, I’m walking out again and try to ignore what she’s planning to speak next.

Fortunately she doesn’t speak anything, though and that pleases me a lot.

I make it out of my way to the car and drove out peacefully out of the house.

 

Aom’s P.O.V

Today, just like another ordinary day, I have to look after my mom’s shop (again). I somehow wanna be out to somewhere but I just don’t know where and I don’t have a ride. My mom dislikes me hanging out and obviously, that’s why she doesn’t buy me a ride.

I’m now sitting at my mom’s counter, waiting for her to come back. Again, many surprises happen whenever I come to sit at her place.

A car comes by and parks a little bit further from the front of the shop. Parking like this must be Dew. Dew is coming to visit me again because I always offer her free glasses of coffee.

Yep, I am right. Dew gets out of her car and walks into my shop as if she’s a model. That’s so disgusting (I’m kidding).

“Hey!” she greets me just as soon as she opens the door in and sees me here.

“Wow, what’s wrong with people these days? Coming to my shop this early?” I giggle.

“People? Don’t you mean only me? Obviously, Aom, it’s always me who come this early.” She tries to make a joke again.

I roll my eyes and reply back to her.

“Not anymore. Tina just beat up the record yesterday. She came here so early yesterday.” Wait what? Why am I mentioning Tina to Dew?

“Tina who?” I think Dew is forgetting who that Tina is.

Just as I want to tell her who Tina is, a shiny car also arrives and of course, as usual, is parked stupidly in front of my shop.

I stare at the car- the owner- and Dew seems to follow my eyes directions and then she is shocked.

Tina comes out of the car with her sunglasses then walks gently to the shop. Just as she’s in the shop, she removes her sunglasses and looks around for me and finally finds me here.

“Hi!” she greets Dew and me.

Dew is still in her shock process and that I have to wake her up.

“Hi.” I said my peace.

“Oh, Hi.” Dew smiles back to her.

It is so awkward now that nobody speaks for the whole situation. And thanks to Tina that she’s able to break into words for the conversation.

“So umm, Aom, are you not going to introduce your friend to me?” she smiles to Dew.

“What makes you think she’s a friend of mine?” I try to sound as nasty as I can to her.

She giggles and then answers me back.

“Nobody comes to your shop this early Aom, unless they have something related to you.” She shakes her head a bit.

Dew laughs along with her too and that I have to introduce these two people to each other.

“Dew, this is umm, Tina, the one who we were talking about. And Tina, this is Dew, my old friend.” I crook a smile.

“Hi Dew!” she smiles.

“Hi Tina!” Dew smiles back to her.

We’re in a silent situation again and Dew’s making a face that she want’s to talk to me about something. Tina seems to know about that so she apologizes us and goes to sit at the table before us.

Just as she’s gone a little bit away from us that she can’t hear us anymore, Dew suddenly makes her move.

“Is that really Tina?” Dew finally lays down her words.

“Who else?” I reply uninterestingly.

She turns to look at Tina while Tina doesn’t notice about it and turns back to me.

“She’s so hot.” Dew compliments.

“Please?” I make an awkward face.

Dew giggles then continues.

“Even though she’s hot, I’m still not interested in toms.” Dew confesses.

I laugh a little bit.

“And hey, why she does she come today?” Dew asks again.

“I don’t know.” I shrug.

“Can I ask her instead of you then?” Dew is making fun again.

“Go ahead if you want to.”

“Nah… I just came here to ask you out, but it would seem that you don’t need my attendant. Well, have fun.”

“Hey…!” I try to catch her attention and she walks away to Tina’s table already. She’s talking something to her that I couldn’t hear for a little while then she walks back to the front door.

“See you later!” she waves and smiles then walks back to her car.

Right, so there are only Tina and I now in the shop. Do I have something else to do besides sitting at the counter like this or having to sit with her?

Yes, of course, I don’t have to sit at Tina’s table because she’s walking to me back to the counter.

“Can you do me a favor?” she asks me this question just as soon as she arrives.

“You? Asking for a help?” I laugh a little bit just to .

“But can you?” she raises her voice a little bit.

Okay, to thank her about her many things which she has done for me, I’ll consider that.

“If I can, I’ll help.” I reply in a flat voice.

“Seriously?” her face turns to be a little happy now.

“So what is it?” again, I’m being nasty.

Tina takes a few minutes enjoying her time on thinking while I’m here waiting all day long.

“Can you go out with me for a day? Today?” she finally asks.

And what? She’s asking me out? But, why?

“Why?” she gets me confused.

“Boredom is my major issue.” She closes her eyes while she’s answering me.

And yeah, I don’t really wanna be in this shop all day long and of course, like I said, I want to have a day off.

“Sure, but can you wait until my mom comes back so that I can ask her for a permission to go out?”

Tina nods excitedly with an extremely happy face as if this face is only available for today.