Chapter XXI

You believe me now, don’t you?

Tina's P.O.V

 

I think I'm panting from the exhaustion I've made from running from the car into the shop. But wait, that doesn't sound right because I kinda have a few minutes to breathe my breath before she comes down. Or is it because my heart is pumping fast? Oh come on, Tina, you're just here to do what you want to do, what's the point of being panic?

Am I telling Aom something that I'm not supposed to tell? That doesn't sound right either. It's not like she's never heard this kind of word before. But here she is, in a weird look as if she has stopped breathing.

"Aom, please, do it for me. Breathe. That's one of the thing I need from you everyday." I smile.

Her eyes are still focusing on mine and that they never leave, then she swallows and finally says somehting.

"Why?" Oh my, why have I come here? I can always see her smile tomorrow.

"Because..." I couldn't find the right word to speak. What is actually wrong with me.

"Because she misses you, my dear Aom." Dew finally speaks a word but it's actually a tease. Dew, I'll note that down my blacklist and I just rolled my eyes at her in my mind.

"Thank you, Dew. That's a kind of you." I back and she seems to find it funny too but Aom is just there trying to find the right word to say to me. 

Dew seems to be uncomfortable to be around us and that she has to excuse herself to leave. Aom doesn't stop her and so she has to leave.

"Alright, umm, I'll go upstairs to distract auntie away. I guess you two also don't want an elder to step into your personal problem right now. See ya guys" then she's away. Thanks god the shop has been closed so that I can talk to this girl freely.

I am still keeping my eyes on Aom, willing to hear some words from this girl. Anything. But then, I have to remind myself not to expect anything from her. I suddenly remember to explain the exact reason why that girl did some kind of weird stuff to me because I finally know exactly why she has acted this bad to me today.

"Aom, listen, for today-"

"I don't want to hear a thing about it, please." she cuts me off by rejecting to hear my explanation.

I scoff then trying to find the right word to make her believe me. But then, just as soon as I drop my mouth open for another word to get out of it, she turns her back to me as if she needs me to get out of her house.

"Leave, please. Your reason to be here is cute, but I don't need it now." then she walks back to the stairs.

No, I can't let her go unexplained like this. I need to see her smile by knowing I'm the reason behind it; I wanna see her smile to me tomorrow and talks to me like I'm her favorite person.

I hurriedly go and grab her hand to make her turn to look at my face immediately as she has decided not to listen to me.

"Get your hand off me." she threathens.

Our faces are a little bit far away from each other but we're still close and I can feel her breath touching me.

"I don't understand it why you have to be mean to me all the way." I say to her softly as I'm still looking at her eyes and never leave them.

Her eyes are still locked on mine and both of my hands haven't been removed from her arms yet. This feels so great.

"What have you done to me?" She finally speaks again but this time is soft not threatening.

I narrow my eyes "What did I do to displease you? What have I done?" 

She slips those two arms away from my hands and she looks a little bit frustrated.

"Ever since you step your stupid feet into my glorious life, you've done nothing in to make me feel alive. Why do you have to act so nice to me and then suddenly destroy me later? And then you have to rewind your action back and then destroy me again? Don't you think I'm getting tired of this? I really need some space from you." This is the longest thing I've ever heard from her and that is kinda painful to hear.

"I will never understand it why you're so cold to me and I will never I understand why I can't stay mad at you. I've never considered things I've done might actually bug you like that. Tell me what are the things." I reply.

"You have done a hundred of things which mentally displeased me. And I'm not in a mood of explaining you this thing right now." 

"Is that all about what happened today? Aom, I don't get it why you have to stay mad at me? Like seriously? You stay mad at me but you don't want to hear any explanation from me? Is that even logical?" I complain.

"Yes, that's me. I'm this type and I stay mad without explanation. Oh, it seems logical to me as well." she exhales.

"Do you think that I can totally ignore a person who does good to me without any reason? And it was so unexpected. Can you at least try to understand the situation?" I sigh.

"Then go to that girl." she's being sarcastic.

"Aom, be fair to me." I sigh again.

"I think it's fair enough if you leave." she takes her eyes off me.

"Please, Tina, I really need some time to be alone from you. Will you understand? Just go home, okay? And I can have my dad taking me to school tomorrow. You don't have to trouble yourself with me. Just go." She continues and sighs and then walks to the stairs again.

Just as soon as she turns her back to me, I can finally speak this out.

"I don't want you to go." i walk a step to her as she's standing in front of her staircase.

"I don't want to give you your space because I don't wanna be away from you. I don't have the strength to stay away from you and I know. Wherever you aren't there, that's the place which haunts me and I can't stand it. You don't know how much I've put you into my thoughts since the first day you made your first appearance in my sight and I would never forget that day. I was cold and never wanted to be alive back then, but it's you, since you came, I have always wanted to view the world differently. I've tried to do it without you but where's the motivation? I want to see this world different from my world only if it's with you." I continue and she's still turning her back to me. 

I walk closer and closer until I approach her and that's when I know what I have to do. I take her hand and move her to face me. Her eyes  are already full of tears but none of teardrop drops. 

I hug her softly and my arms around her will never want to leave, her chin is resting on my shoulder but she still doesn't talk.

"I came here to talk. Don't be mad at me. Don't ignore me. Don't fight with me because you know both you and I feel so uncomfortable to be in this way. I'll never want to see you stay mad at me." I whisper to her softly in her ears and I believe she has dropped all those teardrops on my shirt.

She doesn't hug me back but she also doesn't push me away. I've taken quite long enough and then decide to push her away from me a bit so that I can see her face.

"I'll never forgive myself for giving you these tears. I've always wanted to be appeared in your thoughts as the one who does every best for you ever since that first day I saw you. Though the more I try, the more I appear as a demon inside your head until you have to feel uncomfortable about me.You'll nevevr know how much I'm keen to your emotional rather than caring for my own. I don't know how it's called but that's what I want to do." I wipe her tears away and she's still the same. A robot.

"I'm just here to tell you that the girl, Veronica, has nothing to do with me. She wished everything best for me with you and she was saying goodbye. I thought of giving you this reason so that you could smile to me but I ended up telling you everything. I'm sorry. I'll never want to leave you but if you want me to leave, I'm going now. It's okay if you need some space from me and that you don't want to see me anymore, but I will try to distance myself away from you from now on." then I smile to her lightly then turn to walk to the front door and decide to leave.

As soon as I reach for the door, I can hear her calling my name but then I decide to pause but not turning to her. I'm standing there and facing my back to her. A few seconds later, I can feel her arms around my waist and what? she's hugging me! She's hugging me from behind! And that is so heart-taking!

"Give me time, Tina. Please give me time for me to think about you. I promise you that I will consider about everything between us." I can feel she's soaking her tears to my shirt but I don't mind. I like that though I hate her crying.

I turn to her and hug her tightly but this time is different, she's hugging me back and that feels like I'm in heaven.


Mean's P.O.V

 

When Tina got home this evening, I thought of making soething to eat. I knew it that Spaghetti was her all-time-favorite with mushrooms and hams. I'd already settled everything before she came back home and pretended like I didn't prepare anything. To capture her attention, I had to be selfish. I had to make uncle John went outside with my parents so that he couldn't call anyone to cook for Tina. P'Air wasn't hard to settle becuase she had already gone away and hadn't returned home yet. So that left the house alone to me and Tina. 

I thought of making the whole evening a little bit romantic because it's how you capture someone's heart, right? Well, it makes no difference to me. However, the effort I've put in today has been destroyed by the person who I want to capture her attention. She returned home with all those silly chocolate and gift inside her hand and she even broke me down by inviting me to eat that creepy chocolate. I wanted to make her a meal just like how I want to show her how much I care of her. But just as I entered into the kitchen for 10 mins, Tina was gone. She couldn't value anything from me, could she?

I got out for a check then realized that there was a photo album left on the table. I took a peak but then it was so heart-breaking that some last photos were captured of Tina and Aom. What was this supposed to mean? The way Tina looked at Aom was if Aom was very extraoridinary to her and she had never given all of these things to anyone before or at least to my knowledge. And then I realized there was also a letter which was read already, I assumed that I skim through it. Just as I thought. 

It would be a lie if Tina told me she had nothing for Aom and I knew it. I knew it that somehting was happening but why was I so lame that I let them both did whatever they wanted? Why was I so easy on them? 

I've never been better when I saw that letter and the album. I've kept both things inside my room just to ensure that nobody sees it.

Of course, I'm waiting for her right now so that we can talk. Sitting by the pool, I realize that it's a little bit late right now and that she hasn't returned home yet. Mom and Dad won't ask her about this since we're all grown-ups now and they don't want to interfere into our lives more as if we were kids.

I finally got to hear her car's honk and I know exactly that it's her. She's coming back home. I usually feel excited to see her whenever she comes home. But not now. Not when I'm too depressed.

She sees me by the pool and yes, she's coming to me. She stops the car by the way which leads to the pool and lets the servant drives to the garage.

She walks to me with a smile on her face as if she has so much happy things which stay inside her head.

"Hey." she calls me out.

"Hi." I smile softly.

"What are you still out? Don't  you go to bed?" She asks me.

"I should ask these two questions back to you." I ask her back just as soon as she has sit on the chair next to me.

"I just need something to be done." She smiles again.

I sigh "Tina, please tell me exactly where you went."

"Well, I actually went to Aom's house." she shrugs.

"What did you do there?" I ask again but this time she seems to look at me differently.

"I think it's too weird to say but this has nothing to do with you, Mean." she narrows her eyebrows.

"Yes, I have everything to do with you." my voice is a little bit mad.

"Don't you think that you're trying to invade that much into my personal matters?" 

"It's just because I care about you." I raise my voice a little bit.

"It's just too much, Mean. I want you not to care about me much. That's just not possible." she explains.

"It's impossible because you have already found someone new?" I find it hard to ask her this question. It's a question that I'd rather keeping it inside my head forever because I know that her respond will kill me emotionally.

"Mean, that is so rude to speak to me this way. And I've never had someone I like in my entire life. Why would you say that?" she narrows her eyes again.

"I'm just trying to be nice but then you made me to be mean all of a sudden. Is that the girl in that photo album?" 

She gets shocked but then tries to pretend to be normal.

"Mean, look, I don't want to ruin my good mood by talking to you tonight. I think I should leave to my room by now and just go to yours. It's too late to stay outside. You're just not in mood of discussing with me. Goodnight." then she walks away.

I want her to talk about this with me and I wish I could stay calm but for now, I can't. i want her to reply me that it is me who she likes not any other girl, not THAT girl.

Tina's far away from me and will I be able to pull her back in? Will ever be nice to me again after what I have said which might actually affect to her feelings for me?