Chapter XXXV

You believe me now, don’t you?

Aom's P.O.V

 

"How did you get your car?" I ask her as she's walking us to her car.

"I had to be home first." She exhales and reaches her car key in her pocket as we're walking.

Since she gave me the perfume, I didn't really know how to talk. I absolutely in love with the idea of her doing many nice things for me but I don't know how to return back those things to her. I wish I could come up with the ideas which are not mainstream and do them all just for her but I couldn't. Really, I at being creative. Right, she plays music, she plays the piano, and I DON'T. How come I can be creative? 

I keep holding the perfume and I extremely am scared that I might actually drop any drops of the perfume. It's so valuable to me and I don't even want to use it. I just want to keep it. But how can I keep it when Tina expects me to pull the ring out from the bottle someday? Again, I at thinking of solutions.

"That doesn't explain it." I complain and roll my eyes, break off from the thoughts.

"Well, the car was over at my home and I told you I had to go back home. Isn't it enough?" I still am staring at her which makes her, of course, explains me more. "Okay, fine. I needed the car because I needed to see you. I couldn't just run to you and got myself out of a taxi, which would embarrass me much more than you think. Besides, I was planning to ask you out for a lunch out together but then-" This seems to remind her about me and Van and I know exactly what she's trying to say. She just shrugs and I just nod.

"Are you still in mood then?"

"Yeah, I'm starving that I can eat you alive."

"Go ahead, I'm right here." I roll my eyes again and she chuckles.

"No, of course I would never do that. Eating you means I will never see you ever again. Why would I do that? I would rather get myself killed and let you see the world for me." She chuckles.

"Haha, very funny." I laugh sarcastically.

"What else would you do when you truly love someone?" she holds my hands. I just love the wamth formed by her hands when she holds mine. She's just the right one to hold them.

"Anyway, did anyone in your home notice your arrival?"

"Uh, no, they were all out. Except the gardeners and workers over at my home. They all saw me. I couldn't shut them from my family, anyway. Let it be." She shrugs.

"What reasons are you going to explain them without getting Mean out of it?" I ask.

"Well, I can never get the time to explain if you just stand here and never get into the car." Oh, I just realize that she's been holding the car door for me a pretty long time but I just don't get in. Right, we will never get anywhere, won't we?

I hop into the car immediately and I can hear her make that little sound as she's laughing. Her laughter is sort of a kind of melody I would like to hear everyday, if it's possible.

Everything in the car is so familiar and even the smell. I can never get enough of it. It's the only car that makes me feel comfortable riding in. I can spend the whole day in it without any complaints if the gas isn't much of a trouble.

"So, what type of food would you like to have today?" She asks me as she gets into the car.

"Uh, I dunno. You decide."

"I really wanna eat you." She sounds so serious.

"Wait what?" 

"Don't get me wrong. Well, has anybody ever told you this? You're beautiful. There are so many terms which can be used to describe you, but beautiful defines your beauty as in eternity. I wanna keep you all to myself and this is so selfish. I don't you to be seen by any other people else besides me." she leans closer to me.

Damn it! she's so straight forward and I don't even have the right words to say.

"We should probably be going." I make a suggestion as she's so close to my face. 

She leans back and sighs in disappointment. I believe she was tempting to make another kiss of ours but I just denied her in her face. After that, we are just in our way to our meal.


 

Tina is sort of a fancy person that she doesn't like to eat her food by the street because over here, like other countries, also has street food. I am always in love with the idea of eating the street food over China Town because it's cheap and fast. I don't like spending time in a fancy restaurant where everybody eats with forks and knives and we have to wait like 20 minutes to get our food prepared because that's acctually insane. Why would you have to be nice when you eat your food once you know the food will pretty soon be swallowed?

I keep begging Tina to stop the car and just to the China town instead since I don't like wasting her money, obviously. And she, on the other hand, likes wasting her money on me. I don't get it why but she thinks it's worth spending her money and time for me. 

"Can you just stop asking me to stop by here? We're still going to the ramen shop in the mall!" she sighs.

"No, look, really, street food is the best food in my whole life and I can bear with it." I complain.

"But I can't. I don't even know how to eat it." she confesses.

I drop my mouth in disbelief. How can someone this big doesn't know how to eat the street food? it's again insane.

"Is that the reason you don't wanna stop the car for the food?" 

"Well, that's only a part of it. I always want to take you wherever I can afford." she nods.

"Then you also can afford the food over here. Come on, you'll have to spend your first time eating this with me." 

"No, really, I can afford you somewhere fancy." 

"Just stop the car, please. Just pull over there." I point to a free parking space by the side walk. Of course, they don't have a big parking lot available for us. All we can do is to park at the side walk as always.

In here, there's a place called "China town". It's a place where mostly chinese people gather up and have their businesses. Mostly they sell food. Chinese food, sea food, meatballs are everywhere. You could spend a day and just get fat. The foods themselves are cheap and it's always crowded over at night. Sellers usually put their tables outside the restaurant to extent the seats of their restaurant. 

Tina removes her jacket and tosses it back at the car as she gets out. We all know that it's gonna be hot and she's not that type of person who complains things a lot.

"Where to?" she asks as she locks her car doors.

"Um, you wanna ramen?"

"You shouldn't think of me. Think about your needs. What do you wanna eat?" She plays with my head.

"Umm, what about sea food?" I suggest.

She takes a moment to think then nods.


I always think that Tina is kind like a food-eater and she just eats whatever she has, but I'm just wrong. She's a picky eater and surprisingly, she doesn't really like eating seafood, which pains me pretty much. I want myself to like the food whatever she likes but we both kinda have different opinions.

As soon as we get back into the car after we have finished our lunch, Tina doesn't make that well face. 

"Are you okay?" I ask as I place the back of my hand on her forehead as if she's having a fever even though she doesn't have one.

"I'm fine. Just a little bit tired from the plane, I guess." she smiles. Her smile is one of the most desirable things that I wanna see every single day.

"Are you sure?" I reassure her.

She places her hand on my hand on her forehead as she speaks. "Your touch is the best remedy I have ever had in my entire life. I'm really fine." 

I don't really know what to say until I really slip my hand away from hers and her forehead. My face is as hot as a boiling water and I wish I would have done something smarter than I did at the very moment.

"You can go back home now that you're tired. And I can take a taxi home." I suggest.

"You? Taking a taxi back home?? NO way! I'm not letting the girl I love equally to my life taking a taxi home while I'm with her! Even if she had to, I would have to be her taxi! Now just stop talking and I'm taking you home. Well, I can rest in your room again, if you'd like." then she grins. Teasing Tina is back.

"You know I don't like to be invaded." I roll my eyes.

"I'm one of the rightful owner of your room, which means, I'm not an invader." she teases me again.

"No, you're not an owner of my room and Yes, you're an invader. Now shut up and drive. I want you to drop me home, and go back to your family, and rest. Get it?" I look straight into her eyes to make it more like a serious condition that she has to obey and she grins and nods and pulls off the car.

While she's driving, I can't help but thinking about the note she has left at the back of my photo frame. I wonder what she was planning to do with it.

"Tina? Why did you write such a creepy letter for me and leave at the back of my photo frame?" 

"What? You have read that?"

"It's my photo, I can look at it whenever I want to. Now tell me why."

"Because I want to?"

"There are other reasons behind that, come on!" I urge.

She closes her eyes a little and sighs. "There are other guys out there willing to ask you to be their girlfriends, do you even know that? Why would I not take this risk writing you this when i know you have that little thing for me? 1% or 2% of your heart for me proves me that at least that part belongs to me and I only am going to make it grow. If I don't make any move then who does for me?

"I know that you're going to realize that I remember we met in our childhood only because I saw your photo, and I just made a wild idea that you were going to look at it someday. And who knows you have read it that fast?"

"So you didn't write that because you expected to leave to London the next day?" 

"London wasn't my plan as for 'the next day' but it's my plan for the future. I had it in my list that I would go there with you someday and do the same thing as i gave you. But who knew the plan changed that quickly? I actually planned to stay in London for one week or so until the day I return. But it would seem like I miss you till I couldn't stand a day without you. So..."

"Why are you so nice to me?" I ask straightly.

"If I'm not then who is?" She rolls her eyes.

"Van." now that the name has been spoken, for the very first time, I wish I could take it back. But I also remember that he's always nice to me no matter what occasion it is.

"So you wanna talk about him again?"

"I'm only guilty that I made him feel that way." I sigh.

"You're only trying to tell me that you're guilty because you choose me?" the very first moment that Tina exposes her jealousy immediately.

"it's not like that, I just mean I should say something to him."

"Like what? Give me one good reason to do this, Aom and I will listen to this decision of yours." 

I roll my eyes as I speak.

"I'm only mentioning this to you only because I feel like you should know, not that I want you to be jealous of this!" 

"This doesn't explain me why you should talk to him."

"Okay fine, I think it's only better if we just stop talking by now. And come back and talk to me when you're calm, Tina. You seem to be so in bad mood."

"I don't get you. You're trying to take Van into the talk then you're accusing me that I'm in a bad mood for it? Where's the sense, Aom?" 

Thank god she has reached my house and I also don't wanna see my mom sees us fighting.

"It's about you, Tina. The way you talk is so unreasonable and I don't know what has happened to the before-you. Just talk about this later." Then I got out of the car without even bothering to look back at her, which I wish, again, I would have done that.