Chapter XVII

You believe me now, don’t you?

Aom's P.O.V

 

Honestly, ever since I've been matured, there are only two people who I can actually trust. You wanna know? They're all my old friends. Pei and Dew. The two people who I wouldn't be hesitated to tell my everything to and yes, of course, they tell me everything they know even if it's about the thing they're forbidden to tell everyone. I trust them and they trust me. Simple.

Pei- of course i know what he's trying to get from me. I've been acting weird today, and I know. Pei must have noticed me and so has she. She's been trying to act like she cared of me and she wanted to know what was going on with me. But I didn't know why that time that I just wanted to be alone. Being alone with Pei was okay, but with her, it was like the whole pissed me off.

"Sorry Tina, I don't mean to do this, but I just have to." this is the words I have been hiding inside me for the whole day every time she tried to show me how much she cared of me. I wanted to explain her something but I just didn't know how. 

Of course, I tried to tell Pei something about me more, but we just didn't have time. He was picked up home earlier than what he thought so, actually, we didn't have time to talk.

I don't normally talk about my personal stuffs to random people but only my best friends. Of course, i wouldn't be much comfortable either if i kept it all inside myself. - And it's happening now. I'm just not comfortable now, and I just don't know who I should tell my stuff to since Due is not here. Don't suggest me to go for my mother because she's too tired with what she's having to deal with her work.

It's 10pm now and I'm just wide awake. I usually sleep at this hour, honestly. But not today, not when I'm havning these many things to keep inside my head.

I like to check my facebook whenever I can't sleep well. Yes, I'm just this type of person who just doesn't usually check the facebook account I own. I go around and check around in my facebook and yeah, a lot of things have changed. Dew has changed her profile photos many times, as she likes to update her things in her account. My facebook account's profile photo has been used for over 2 months without myself bothering to change it.

I've been on facebook for 5 mins, then Dew chats to me.

"Hey, haven't you slept yet?" she begins.

"No, I don't think I can sleep peacefully." i reply her quickly.

"No doubt. I know you clearly, Aom. Can I know the exact the reason why you can't sleep tonight?" Caring me as always. That's why I always keep her a part of my life.

"I don't know."

"There must be something. Just make your fingers type on this keyboard thing and it's done."

"alksjdfl;aksjfl;sdfl;sehoifnwoqienfpoiawenrfgoiwenrgfnabr. DONE." then I giggle to myself and I know she must be rolling her eyes at my terrible joke. haha.

"Aom, if this is your problem, then I suggest you to go for a check up for a mental problem." and then i giggle at her suggestion again. 

I sigh to myself and I try to make up words to tell her something about me. She's always been my best friend and I have always trustetd her. But this time is more likely to be complicated.

"I don't know where to begin." 

She is silent for a while then she's back.

"Can I take a guess? It's about something between you and Tina, right?"

I open my eyes widely. How does she know?

"Well, sort of. But why and how do-" 

"I know you" she replies me and cut me out.

"And I totally know that you kinda started to pay more attention to Tina when i first talked about her with you." she continues.

I just remain calm and don't even bother to type again. And of course, she's still typing.

"Well then, anything I should know?"

"If I said no?" i giggle at my own terrible joke.

"then I would leave you alone." since when she's this sensitive?

"I'm just kidding, what's actually wrong with you?" then I sigh.

"Well, it's just a trick for you to spit everything out. Spit it. :D" very lovely.

"I think I have too much Tina inside my head, Dew. It's so stupid that I can't go to bed right now just because I wanna save up my time to think about her." I finally speak my very least informations to her.

"What have you acted to her today?" she asks calmly.

"Well, I was kinda strange and a little bit stupid to her. I didn't actually talk to her. To be honest, I felt shy to talk to her today." I'm telling her my everything now.

"Can I come to your place tomorrow for a talk about this? I just wanna know more. :D" now she's insisting to come to me.

"It's fine then. I'll see you after school at 5:30pm or so because that's when Tina usually drops me off. :)" 

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow then. I gotta go to bed now, kinda tired today. And you will have to tell me everything tomorrow. Goodnight :*" Ugh, I hate it when she sends me that kissing emoticon to me. Believe me that I just wanna kill the crab out of her.

"See ya!" 

Yep, Dew is a type of person who respects her own decision. Whenver she tells me she'll do something, of course she will do it no matter how hard she is. See? She told me that she would go to sleep and then she just went immediately.

I remember something about Dew when we were younger. I first met her in high school and that we didn't actually get to talk to each other. Why? Oh, it was because we were in different class and that she had her own friends as well and I had mine. My classroom was the next to hers and she was kinda friendly toward me and that was when we began our stupid friendship. Things weren't very modern over that time but at least we had facebook. We chatted with each other everyday and I felt like she wanted to know about me more and so did I. We became closer and closer until we have to share our stupid things together.

Yep, the relationship kept flowing and that we're still together now.

I smile lightly at the memory between Dew and me and that we were happy together. I almost forget it that I have some sort of issues from Tina to think about but I decide to let go and just go to bed. 

I turn on my "Kindle" to read a book from Nicholas Sparks called "A Walk to Remember". It's not actually a long book but the story of the book kinda attracts me because as so I heard, it is said that the story of the book is kinda sad and romantic. 

I have read a few pages of the book and decide that it's kinda okay for me to continue so I just continue reading and ignore the whole world.

I happen to finish the book in 3 hours since it isn't a long book, like I said. I realize it's too late for me and yes, the book helps me, just as soon as I finish the book, I feel kinda sleepy and then just go to bed.

I wake up at my usual habit time and do everything as normal as I do everyday. Tina is still on time picking me up with a huge smile on her face and for the first time today, I feel kinda shy. I just don't know what to do and I just do stupid things. I don't normally talk a lot but then just after I see her today, I just talk to my mom as much as I eat my favorite food.

"You seem to be happy today, Ms. Manaying." Tina smiles lightly as she drives me away from home a few minutes later. 

It quite shocks me that Tina, for today, just called me by my surname and it is sure not common for her to call me this way. Well, you already know, she usually calls me by my frist name, right?

"Thank you for your concern today, Ms. Jitaleela. And you should realize that I'm a mood swinger." then I giggle.

"I like that giggle sound. And yes, whatever you do is always in my concern list." she's still focusing on the road and she likes my giggling sound? I've never known that but I take it quite happy for me to feel inside.

"I'm not a giggler so I don't usually giggle." I frown.

"Well, of course you're not a giggler because you're busy with your mood swtiching." she teases me again.

"Thank you for noticing me." then I roll my eyes.

"Did you just roll your eyes at me?" why can she know that while she's still focusing on the road. Well, I guess she just turns to me at the moment then.

"Yes, I did." I back. 

Then she pouts to me. God! This is the first time she ever pouts to me and it's very cute and attracting, I suppose.

"Don't pout." I smile shyly.

She remains silent for a while and she just doesn't answer me and her face drops down as if she's upset at my earlier command. And for the first time, this expression of hers makes me feel guilty for commanding stuff like this to her.

"Tina, what's wrong?" I raise up the question.

She shakes head a little then answers. "It's okay then if you don't like me doing this. I just won't do it again." then she still has that upset face and I just don't know what to do.

My mouth drops open a little bit then I shut it back. Is this Tina that I know? She is usually playful but why not today?

"Tina..... I just...."

"Gotcha!" then she's laughing to herself.

"If you think this is funny, then just go ahead and drop me here." she quits laughing immediately then suddently turns to study my emotions but she doesn't stop the car.

"Aom, I didn't know you would feel this way. I just...."

"Gotcha!" then I laugh again. A few seconds later she joins laughing with me.

"A nice try, Aom. Almost took my breath away." she speaks as she shakes her head.

Then I just continue my laughing and then we arrive the school with many girls at the gates, and of course, the same old Tina ignoring them and we just go to the same parking spot and get into our class.