Chapter 41

You believe me now, don’t you?

Tina's P.O.V

 

"Should I go after her?" I ask P'Air just as she's wandering around the room like an idiot (no offense).

"It's up to you, sister. But would you go after her after you told her the truth for her own good?" P'Air has stopped wandering but looking at me instead.

I shake my head. "It's not the first time I've told her this. I mean, technically it's the first time here but I have given her hint a few times before. But every single time I got up to the point, she walked out with the words unheard. It's sometimes annoying, I can add.

"You don't know how hard it is for me to be such a terrible heartbreaker.-" I look up to her. "You don't want to break anyone's heart, do you?"

I rest my head on the pillow and P'Air gets straight to sit nearby my bed. I replay all the things between me and Mean in my head. There are good memories and there are also bad memories, but less. She's like a gift from th heaven to my family but I just don't appreciate to have her as my partner. God is playing with us. I don't know what I have done but I think he's punishing the people around to be in pain mentally.

"I will if I have to, of course, like you. Stop thinking it's your fault. You see here, you break her heart for now and yes, she'll be so much in pain but then she'll recover later and she will never cry for you again. What good it will be if you date her and you don't even like her?" She says as if she can read my mind.

"It's not exactly your fault, really." P'Air continues just as my silence has approached. "You just see the person you love differently from her point of view. She believes that when you do something good to your crush, she will return it back to you with the love that you desire. But that's not all about love. It's also about faith. Do you believe it, Tina, that faith has brought Aom to you? Otherwise you wouldn't be sitting here, falling in love with a person you barely know."

I smile. "It's not exactly like that, P'Air. I've liked her since I was a child." 

P'Air seems to be surprised at my comment.

"I thought you only know her like a week or two before." She looks astonished.

"It's not like that, P. I'll tell you this." then I start telling the story about us. Starting from how I met her, and how I felt for her so easily. P'Air is sitting here, listening carefully, and she nods at the right point that I'm telling her. Talking to her is so easy; it's like having a soulmate who never complains whatever you tell her.

After I've finished the story, P'Air sits there, still at the story that I've just told.

"You both are so cute, you know?"

I smile a little then I notice that Aom has been to the cafeteria for so long that I've started to wonder where else she's been. 

"P'Air, would you mine getting Aom back? She's gone for a while and Mean has already gone. I need to talk to her a little bit." I smile then she nods and leaves. 

That leaves me alone in the room lying my back on the bed and stare at the ceiling.

Then the sound of the door bursts open and it makes me wonder why P'Air is so quick at getting Aom. I sit up slowly then I realize the firgure isn't them. It's an image of a man.

He approaches slowly to my bed until I realize who he is. He's Van.

"Don't be startled, Tina. It's just me, Van." His voice is so soft that I hardly hear anything now that my temperature hasn't recovered yet. 

"Why are you here?" I stare at him blankly.

He half-smiles then replies. "For you and her." 

"What about us?"

He sits on the chair where lies on the floor next to my bed and shakes his head.

"It's something you ought to know, you know?" His voice is so serious that it frightens my soul. "Aom and I met a while ago and she seemed to be worried about you." he smiles the smile that doesn't really show his sincerity and I can put anything as my bet that he hasn't recovered yet.

Of course, we both never talked much before and we still don't. He seems to think that I'm his super love-enemy, of course and I seem to think the same. The only time that we both talked happily was when I first met him at his shop when Aom suggested us to go and besides that, well, it's kinda hard to tell. 

Another thing about us is that we have never really gotten into much of a serious talk. Just a small talk and such. Then, here we are, being serious with each other and his face is telling me how serious he can be.

He purses his lip before he lets his words slip out.

"I'm sorry for not asking how you are now but Aom told me so about you, so I guess you wouldn't mind that I should go straight to the point?"

He's being polite yet strange.

"That's what I'm hoping for." I smile and so does he.

He takes a few seconds to make up his mind, to avoid my eyes gaze. Then when he decides to look up at me, those eyes turn to be so serious.

"You know I don't congratulate you both for being together." 

It shocks me that this is what he wants to say after all? What's the big idea?

"Look Van, I don't have all day to listen to you being sulky on us. If you don't like the story, just leave it blank. And here's my theory for your happiness. Why don't you just hold your guts and walk out that door before you see her comes in?" 

I know what I have just said is very offending and scary, but I can't see why he still smiles to me even though I'm being rude to him. Or he realizes that he was being so to me at first?

"And here's my theory for your happiness, Tina. Why don't you just quit this relationship and try not to harm her?"

"I harm her?" I goggle him as his calmness remains on his face.

"Tina, you have no idea how much you both have caused." He sighs as I remain silent and he continues. "The thing is, the problem is only getting more serious if you both don't quit or so I assume. Aom's dad is totally suspicious about you and her and he's never going to give up on searching for the news between you both.

"Even though I hate to see you both together, there are some parts of me which tell me that I can be her brother, if that's what it really means to her. I can't just hold my hands here and see her get into trouble. I'm only here to tell you so that you will know what to do best for her. You don't have any idea how her parents are like, and you even have less idea about how scary her father can be.

"Will you quit this if you're asked to?" that's the last thing he asks me.

Of course, I want nothing else but to be with her. I know what's best for her and the thoughts of not having her with me is almost unbearable. It's so sad when you get to see the brightness for your future together but then it's all ruined and you have nothing less to say.

"My dad can-"

"I don't know how your dad can persuade them, Tina. It's totally her family's business, not ours. Even if your father does so many unforgettable good things to them, but it doesn't mean that they have to listen to what he says. I'm sorry if I'm rude but I'll have to say this. But your dad can't simply persuade his staff to agree about the unnatural relationship between his daughter and his daughter. Whatever it is, It's a total surprise to Aom's father when he starts to get the feeling that you both get strange. And I hope your father thinks like me too." He cuts me off.

Van totally have his point, but for now, my head is not clear yet.

"I don't want anybody else to control the life I'm having, Van. People who are breathing around only tell me what to do but they don't know what it feels like to do all those things. Their only claim is that they're trying to make me happy with my life, though they don't know what I want. People desire different things and I also desire a different type of person than they expect. I want them to view me as the real me. And I want them to do so to her too. 

"I always keep thinking that if people love us enough, they will surely understand. I believe my family totally understand me to totally let me be what I am and I keep hoping that Aom's family will understand her too. What life will they lead her too if they try to make her stay away from me? I don't know how much she loves me, but I do hope that she'll love me enough to fight back to every conception they're trying to explain to her. 

"As much as I'd love you to know, Van, I will stand by her and convince her father to understand us. If she'll have to be taken away from me, then I'll follow wherever she goes."

He looks pretty surprised by my speech and he doesn't answer anything to me for a while until he smiles and returns back to the conversation.

"I admire you bravery, Tina." I taps on my shoulder.

"Thanks." I smile the warmest smile I can ever afford.

"Whatever you say, I hope that he will listen. But please be emotionally prepared. You might get hurt and you might not have what you wish to own." then he stands up and leaves the room immediately without saying any goodbye.

Whatever he has just told me, I know what I must do. I've always prepared for this and I'm not gonna go back. I won't know how miserable my life can be without her and I can only see the beauty of it with her beside me. I will have to risk anything just for us to be together.

"That's the bravest thing I've ever heard." a voice comes back from the door as I'm thinking.

I look at the owner of the voice immediately and Aom is standing by the door, smiling at me crookly.

She walks closer and closer to me until she's so near me. She brushes her gentle lips on my forehead without saying any words in advance. I'm stuck there and I don't know what else to do besides remaining still. I can feel the blood rushing to my face as if it has never run before; my hands are icy cold that I hardly know whether they belong to me anymore. Just as I have managed myself to try and say something, she breaks away.

"I love every bit you said a while ago, but I don't want you to risk yourself into this. Van was right, it's my family's business and I can't let you do anything like this to me." she points her forehead to mine, which makes our eyes are so close to make the contacts, our noses are just a few inches away.

"I know but I just-"

"Listen to me, Tina. Please just let me bear with it alone. I'm sure I can do it." Then she smiles.