Chapter 51

You believe me now, don’t you?

Author's Narative

 

After Tina has recieved Aom's phone call, she is both eager to see her and is curious of how fast Aom has become. She's happy about it, actually, though something inside her makes her think that there's something mroe than just hanging out. She doubts what it really is. Of course, the image in the hotel is still inside of her mind that she can never forget it. She remembers what Aom really looked like, and she remembers how scary Aom was. And then when she got home, and when she called Tina, she became someone else. Strange, but she is really happy for it. 

Air knows what to do with this after she heard the conversation between Tina and Aom, and she hurriedly gets out of the room. She knows that she should give her sister some time to think because it just doens't seem right. By the tone her sister made when she was unsure about Aom, Air also felt it that something was wrong as well. Or is it all just her imagination at all?

"P, wait!"

Tina calls out before Air completely leaves the room.

"Hmm?" Air turns her head back by the time she reaches the door. 

"Can I borrow your car?" 

"Why?"

"I don't want Mean to follow me. If she knows my car is away from the house, she will think I'm away again. She might try to find me around, and I hate the idea." 

"Then wait, will you? I'll ask Uncle John to deliver it to you then." Without another word, Air leaves the room silently.

She tries to think of many exciting places as many as possible since she'll be having a long day off with Aom, and that is so rare. They both rarely have time to be alone, somehow, for these days.

"Young master?" Then she knows her most favorite person in the house has finally arrived with the key. 

"Come in." she calls out.

"Miss Air has asked me to hand you this key immediately, Young master. Is there anything I should know?" As always, he's always considerate about everyone in the house even if they're not even related to him.

"There's something you should keep, if you may." She smiles. 

He waits until she gives the answer. 

"Don't tell Mean that I'm out of the house, okay? If she asks you for me, tell her I'm asleep in the room and that I don't want to see anyone. Can you do that, uncle?" 

"Certainly. But where are you going?" 

"I don't know too." She shakes her head. 

"Young master, before I leave, I beg your pardon now that we're talking about Miss Mean, yesterday evening when you were gone to the party with Miss Air, I saw Miss Mean went into your room suspiciously. I wondered what she was trying to do there, so I went to ask her what she was looking for so that I could help. But just as soon as I knocked on the room, she just locked the door, so I didn't dare to get in." 

Mean? Getting into my room? Locking the door? Why doesn't Tina know that?

"Did you ask her what she was doing in there then?"

He shakes his head. "No, young master, I truly am sorry. I didn't dare to ask her. I just went back to my work. That's all." 

"I see. There might be some papers she might want to look at in my room. There's no need to be worried, Uncle John."

He nods then walks out of the door of the room. Tina has no idea what Mean is planning again, but this can't be good. She might have looked calm to John, but the inside of hers almost explodeds as if she can't handle Mean anymore. She wants to talk about Mean to her mother, but she can't because they've been together for such a long time, and it would only hurt her mother if she speaks out the truth. How much would she be upset if she found out that her two daughters actually end up having something which can't be explained? How it happened?

Tina shakes her head as if to wake herself to the reality. She needs to go forward. She needs to stop looking back. If she's just here and to think about her past, her future will be meaningless, and she will be nothing. She knows what her future is. Without any doubts, she doesn't want to be with Aom, but she needs to be with her. 

Without much thought, Tina just wears her white T-shirt with shorts and a pair of Converse and gets ready. She knows that it's a little informal, but she just wears this kind of thing to meet Aom all the time. What does it matter? She doesn't like to wear anything too complicated at all. Indeed, she feels like as if this is their first date ever even if she has taken Aom out alone many times before. The way Aom spoke a few minutes ago actually makes Tina anxious about what can happen. She's ready to be in love, but she isn't read to be out of love. She isn't ready to be kicked out of Aom's life. In case she was, she would shut herself out of the world and just ignore everything. 

Tina hurriedly goes out of the room, but she's also awared of Mean's presence. It's not that she's scared of Mean, but she's just tired of explaining her way of life to Mean. She just wants to be herself without anyone asking her where to go, what she does, and what she wants. She thinks she's not a kid who needs to report everything to anyone. Mean is a big trouble to her because whenever she has to meet Mean, Mean forces her to report everything to her by using her kindness. Actually, Tina doesn't like it at all. She's never liked it before. But what can she do? She doesn't want to be rude, that's all. 

Just as Tina leaves the room, Air pokes her head out of her bedroom's door to see Tina because Air can hear the door being shut. 

"Just in case you're dumb at choosing the place, Hua Hin is your best choice, dummie. Just go there for a night. I'm sure her mother will be fine with this decision." Then she disappears back into her room.

Hua Hin, of course, is one of the most breath-taking location in Thailand. It's pretty far from Bangkok, but the view is spectacular. It might take you hours to get there, but you will be promised that you won't regret. It's a sea aread, and there are beaches where you can enjoy the view of the sea. The sand is so nice. Unlike some areas in other countries, the sand over there is actually white which makes it more attractive to the visiters. 

With the charm of that area, Tina's family owns a hotel over there too. This is a family business. They do not only run an export and import business but they run almost everything which can make them make their profit. Fascinating. 

Tina murmurs to herself, thanking Air for nothing. How can she take Aom there without describing to her parents? She knows that her parents are fine too. So, still, it doesn't matter. But her school. Her school is actually a trouble here too because she disappeared from class today. So did Aom. But again, she can call them and tell them that she's somewhere far away. The school never fails a student with the attendance score since it only has 20% in the column. It doesn't matter either. But why is she even considering Hua Hin as an option when she knows it's impossible? 

It's only because she has an image of herself walking along the beach, holding Aom's hand, and looking at the sunset. How beautiful would it be? 

Without realizing herself, Tina finds herself smiling without even knowing how stupid she can look when she does that. Again, she walks down to the car garage without anyone notices. She's thankful that Mean hasn't come home yet.

And so, she takes Air's car and drives to her favorite destination.

She drives faster than she usually does in an urge of seeing her favorite person. Her future. She needs to see her as soon as possible so that she doesn't have to spend her time missing her all the day long. Today will be the best day of her eintire life. She's never been asked by Aom to hang on like that. She's usually the one who makes the first move. And now, Aom is the one who calls her first. What a perfect day, she thinks. 

As soon as she arrives Aom's house, she doesn't need to park properly because she knows they'll be leaving later. 

Just as soon as she gets out of the car, Aom opens the door of her shop. 

"Hey." She smiles widely as if she's happy and ready to go. 

"Hi" Tina smiles warmly, gently like she always does. 

"Should I go in and greet your mom first before we're off?" She closes the car door. 

"Nah, it's fine. She's busy, anyway. Let's just go." 

"Ah, okay." Then Tina shrugs and goes to open the car door for Aom. 

Aom just smiles and gets in. 


"So, you haven't told me where we should go." Tina starts up after quite a long drive with Aom. 

Aom, on the other hand, remains quiet most of the time, which makes it uneasy for Tina since they both always had words for each other before. 

"I'm thinking." Aom doesn't even look at Tina's face, but she just stares at the window. 

"Just in case you don't know, I've already got a place in my mind, but I don't know if it's okay to ask you or not." 

Aom turns back to Tina as if she's relieved to hear it. 

"Tell me first." 

"You know, when you called me, P'Air was there and she heard our conversation. She suggested a place of Hua Hin. You know, the seaside. And I totally understand if you don't wanna go." Tina shrugs and concentrates on the road. 

Aom stays quiet for a while then replies. 

"I think I'm fine with it. But actually, I haven't packed any clothes with me. If we decide to go to Hua Hin, we'll have to stay there for a night, right?" 

Tina chuckles, and at the same time, she's extremely glad with Aom's approval.

"Don't worry about it. My dad runs the hotel over thre too. I think we're gonna have loads of clothes to change." 

"You dad runs almost every business?" Aom slaps Tina on her arm. 

Tina chuckles again. 

"Well, yeah, almost everything." She smiles. 

"That's one of the main reasons why I don't wanna hang out with you much now that we come to think of it." Aom sighs. 

Tina doesn't dare to look at Aom but she's just curious with this comment. 

"And why is that?" 

"Don't you see? You are own so much money, Tina. And people will think that I take you for granted."

"But I don't think the same way." 

"Put yourself into my shoes, Tina. It's like people will still think this way on you, anyway." 

"Then let them. It's not like we have to survive because of their help.." Tina shrugs. 

"Easy for you to say." Aom murmurs. 

"Are you trying to make a fight here?" Tina jokes. 

"I'm just trying to tell you what I think. Who knows about the future? Maybe we can't even talk." 

"What are you tring to imply?" Tina finally turns to look at Aom.

At that immediate moment, Tina can tell that Aom isn't really joking. By the way she looks, Aom is more like concerned about everything than just teasing. When Aom suddenly stays quiet, Tina raises another question. 

"Why are you suddenly talking about all of this?" 

"I just want to be frank with you, that's it." 

"I don't like this idea." Tina complains. 

"Neither do I. But you know, sometimes, you have to make tough decisions. You can't just be you all the time. You have to be someone else in order to stay right." Aom doesn't even turn to Tina. 

"Hang on, Aom. You're being weird. What's wrong?" 

"There are some lectures that I want to lecture you about." Now Aom sounds like teasing again.

"Aom! I'm serious! Why are you being so strange?" Tina pulls my eyebrows together in a hope that Aom can see, sadly, she doesn't because she doesn't even look at her.

Aom pretends to watch the view while they're heading out of town, and doesn't seem to pay any interest in Tina's question.

By the time Tina is about to give up waiting, she finally replies. 

"I can't be me all the time, Tina, and you know that. Surely, sometimes, you can't be explained why somebody is being weird because you can't be. Now, think of something funny and don't ruin my mood again." She chuckles.

Tina doens't answer to her, and she will never answer to that question again. Stupid her, why does she have to think so much about this? Why can't she just drive and laugh with Aom on the road since it's the first time ever that she can actually take her out of town? But why can't she make myself happy? Why can she sense something strange is coming? No, it can't be. Nothing's gonna do anything at all. 

Without another reminder about the previous conversation they had, they actually pretend they didn't talk about it, and head straight to the beach.


 

Tina's hotel is fascinating judging by the looks when Aom first arrives there. She can't do anything right but to take a tour around the hotel. It's not just a normal hotel, it's actually a beach hotel. Where else can she find a hotel this huge and located near the beach like that? This hotel is strange to Aom because it was built to be fancy. Instead of being built by trying to hide what's inside the hotel, the hotel itself is quite open. You can see on each room of each floor has a mirror window which is brightly open to the those who stay their for the views of the beach. And the curtains of each window fits perfectly with the view of the beach and the window. 

"You're gonna stand here all the day or you want to get inside to get ready?" Tina asks just as soon as she finds out Aom isn't following her anymore to the reception desk.

"Ready for what?"

"Hello? We're at the beach! What do you think we're ready for?" 

I thought about something else, Aom thought. 

By the time they both reach the reception desk, they are warmly welcomed since every empolyer there knows Tina already, so, it's not a big deal to get a perfect room for them both. 

Thinking about it, Aom actually hesitates when she's asked whether she wants a separate room, or a room with Tina. She wants to be in a room with her, but she's just too shy to do anything in the room. But if she has to have a separate room, her intention of being with Tina will be empty.

"So, what do you think?' Tina asks. 

"Just a room for us two." The words actually come out before Aom realizes that she's spoken them out. Oh boy, now she has to face her shyness which she has to overcome. 

Tina seems glad about it because she, too, doens't want a separate room from Aom. 

"The staff is going to prepair the room for us, and the key is with me. Our room is a suite. At least that can help you just in case you're shy so that you can run away from me if you're so." Tina chuckles

"Stupid." Aom murmurs. 

"Hang on, I don't have any clothes to change, come to think of it."  Aom suddenly remembers that she didn't bring any change with her at all.

"Don't worry. The staffs will help you with that. I already told them about it. So, you don't need to thank me."

"Do they even know my taste?"

"Well, Aom, it's better to wear them instead of running to home, don't you think?"

"Very funny." Aom squeezes Tina's cheek.

Tina laughs and then comes up an idea to entertain them both.

"Let's just walk on the beach, shall we?" 

"What's the hurry?" 

Tina puts her hand in her pocket, pretends to look up to the ceiling.

"Ever since I realized what kind of feeling I have for you, walking with you along the beach while holding your hands has always been one of my goals. And I want to accomplish it with you today."